Trudeau's Fake Carbon Credit Fixation Betrays Struggling Canadian Families

Vbeacher

Electoral Member
Sep 9, 2013
Ottawa
Geez... you folks are screwed!

Trudeau’s foolish fake carbon-credit fixation is a betrayal of struggling Canadians | Financial Post

The federal Liberal government is determined to impose on the provinces an escalating national carbon tax that will slow growth, undermine competitiveness and degrade our standard of living, all for no discernible impact on global temperatures.
It won't have any discernible impact on global temperatures or CO2 emissions, but it will make progressives puff out their chests and feel good about themselves. And in the end, isn't that really the main point of almost all progressive policies?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
global serfdom I think is the end game
a carbon tax would be the tool they need to enforce it
and a tool to make us pay for it too

It won't have any discernible impact on global temperatures or CO2 emissions, but it will make progressives puff out their chests and feel good about themselves. And in the end, isn't that really the main point of almost all progressive policies?

IMHO
that certainly describes the useful idiots that support it, but to the leaders like al gore
its all about money and power and technological dictatorship
and having an army of useful idiots

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
J.S.T.

That's all it is folks. A new service tax that is worn by government to avoid looking like they're raising your taxes. The rebate checks have already started in Alberta which seems awfully close to the way they started with the GST.

Coincidence? I think not.

Gullible Canadians? Absolutely.

You're being played like a fiddle.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

And it was never meant to have an impact on the climate. They just wanted the money. Canada already owed BILLIONS because they weren't able to keep up with Kyoto.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I suggest a tax on Elizabeth May. She emits the most hot air and is Canada's biggest gasbag.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
instead of taxing her
why don't we just install her in the basement?

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I cannot think of any other country where having one MP (or congressman, or other representative) from a single party, or sitting as an independent, let that person participate in a national election debate. Or get the amount of press she gets, for that matter.

Politically speaking, she's a non-event, and, from what I've seen, a whack-job. So I ignore her, consider who/what she represents and where she lives.

Last edited:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

"Not content with that impending disaster, it now admits it will take action that can only be described as extremely foolish and ill advised — the transfer of billions of dollars to foreigners for useless scraps of paper, euphemistically called international credits."

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I've always thought Elizabeth May looked a bit like Martin Short's character...Jiminy Glick.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Justin Trudeau is a total nonentity, a complete airhead, a chip of the old blockhead Maggie.. a siv for any new age detritus that comes down the sewer.. passed through without even the pretense of a filter.

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Being that the Liberal government seems utterly unable to do anything other than at a snail's pace, chances are that by the time they are ready to impose any of their carbon taxes, election time will have rolled around and we can kick the bums out of office. If by some chance, they actually impose them before then, we can put a new government in office and they will simply revoke the tax.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Geez... you folks are screwed!

Trudeau’s foolish fake carbon-credit fixation is a betrayal of struggling Canadians | Financial Post

The federal Liberal government is determined to impose on the provinces an escalating national carbon tax that will slow growth, undermine competitiveness and degrade our standard of living, all for no discernible impact on global temperatures.
Well, the cost will be counter benefited with the billions being spent on "infrastructures"....... oops taking that back, the billions when where???? Yea, I guess were srew#d.