Trudeau: No one is allowed to run against Muslim Canadians

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
'Go fukk yourself, Trumpeters.'

More people should engage in politics so 'no party gets to run against Muslim Canadians,' Justin Trudeau says

Canadians from different backgrounds should get involved in politics so that "no party gets to run against Muslim Canadians or any other group," says Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Trudeau made the comment during a roundtable discussion with Syrian refugees, sponsors and Matt Galloway, the host of CBC Toronto's Metro Morning, to air on Monday.

Galloway asked the prime minister for his reaction to the proposal to screen immigrants for "anti-Canadian values" put forward by federal Conservative leadership candidate Kellie Leitch.

Trudeau did not address Leitch by name. He said he told a group of Muslim-Canadians during a recent meeting that he was happy to have them as supporters. However, he said he suggested they encourage family members and friends to also get involved in politics, whether on behalf of the Liberals or another party that aligns with their values.

"The other two political parties have leadership races on now. I'd like to see more Canadians of diverse backgrounds engaging with parties that line up with their convictions and ideologies to make sure that no party gets to run against Muslim Canadians or any other group of Canadians and demonize them," Trudeau said.

"And I think the way we do that is getting involved in the whole breadth of the political spectrum in Canada. I'm happy when people decide they are more aligned with me and my party, but they should also think about being active and aligned with parties that disagree with me on certain issues."

Galloway also asked the prime minister about how his policy, which has brought more than 35,000 Syrian refugees to Canada in just over a year, contrasts with that of U.S. president-elect Donald Trump and some politicians across Europe, who advocate for a more closed approach on refugees.

"I'm not going to answer whys," he said. "I'm just going to continue to point out the facts that the way Canada is benefiting from welcoming in people who are so deeply committed to living up to the opportunity given to them."

He added, "I challenge any one of those governments or those citizens to sit down around a table like this and break bread and not be afraid of the other."

More people should engage in politics so 'no party gets to run against Muslim Canadians,' Justin Trudeau says - CBC.ca | Metro Morning

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Does that mean Muslims can't form their own party based on Religion. That would make it a 3 party country, I doubt any one would be all that healthy for Canada, an equal mixture from the 3 main religions would be the best balance possible, kind of means it will never happen.

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
JT is setting up his ace in the hole, the immigrant vote. Unfortunately, he polarizing the nation's citizens against one another with rhetoric like this.

Freedom defined "the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint"

Liberals simply add " as long as it conforms to our ideology " and expect all others should follow.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
It samazes me that people are still afraid of muslims when they are largely peaceful.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
the creation of refugees is a bipartisan effort
the acceptance of those refugees in that context is really traitorous anti nationalism, because regardless of what the simpletons think, the end game is a global dictatorship, the prevention of which is impossible, due to all the balkanization:
hence the pre trump righty lefty bi partisan support for amnesty

traitorous anti nationalism, like the carbon tax is too
btw...
you lefties and righty lefty elites are responsible for trumps election too, ya morons...lol

kick back it's called, against your multi national corporate anti human policies

Last edited:

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
It samazes me that people are still afraid of muslims when they are largely peaceful.
Lots of people are largly peaceful " most " of the time, that's not when people are concerned about.

Come to think of it, suicide bombers are greater than 99.999% peaceful, only for a very short time they are not.

Come to think of it, some people are " amazed " every time somebody attacks for a religious reason.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Troud'eau and lemmings beware, the Trump election is the start of a revolution in North America!

Absolutely! Handing over millions to Carrier was such a revolutionary idea. I'm amazed that nobody thought of corporate welfare before. Then there was the promise of the wall...radical new idea as well. Nobody has every used xenophobia to rally support. That Trump sure is a groundbreaker and his supporters are clearly ahead of their time.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Are you still drunk from last night? No wonder you can't find a f-cking job. I'll gladly take 10 Muzzies who want to work over a f-cking leech like you.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
More people should engage in politics so 'no party gets to run against Muslim Canadians,' Justin Trudeau says

Canadians from different backgrounds should get involved in politics so that "no party gets to run against Muslim Canadians or any other group," says Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Yeah, because you know, we need more Jew haters, female genital mutilators, honour killers, women wearing their own personal tents, all demanding an end to free speech, and determined to see the end of western civilization......we need more of that in Canada.

To say nothing of neo Nazis, revolutionary Marxists, supporters of the Lord's Resistance Army, or every other bunch of ideological looney tunes on the face of the earth.

They are all wonderful in Trudeau's eyes, as long as they vote Liberal.

The Man-Child is insipidly stupid, absolutely amoral, with a vicious streak.

He is even worse than I expected he would be.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
For some reason (and I believe it's because people had for so many years accepted the status quo), governments are now shocked that people are leaning towards nationalism after all the work these corporations, banks and the elites had done. The globalization of people, government, companies was a dream that died when some of the more open countries started being attacked for their way of life, their acceptance of 'all' their citizens and their freedom. Even the integration of government was a scam, we are living it now with a lousy .75 cent US dollar because a few countries ban together and ruined many's economy to show their muscles? People have been awaken and are now asking what is going on?. I just hope groups like the KKK, Pro-Nazi and bigots go back in their caves, this is not what this change is about.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Yeah, because you know, we need more Jew haters, female genital mutilators, honour killers, women wearing their own personal tents, all demanding an end to free speech, and determined to see the end of western civilization......we need more of that in Canada.

To say nothing of neo Nazis, revolutionary Marxists, supporters of the Lord's Resistance Army, or every other bunch of ideological looney tunes on the face of the earth.

They are all wonderful in Trudeau's eyes, as long as they vote Liberal.

The Man-Child is insipidly stupid, absolutely amoral, with a vicious streak.

He is even worse than I expected he would be.

Anyone who can extrapolate what you thought by what he said is dumb.