Alberta By-election

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Conservatives win with approximately 70% of the vote. Stan Sakamoto is a well liked guy in Medicine Hat and may have had a chance to at least make it interesting. Unfortunately for Liberal supporters, Trudeau destroyed his chances by coming to Medicine Hat.

The Dippers got 353 total votes thanks to Rachel.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Anybody with an IQ over 10 knew that nothing good would come of Justin showing up in Medicine Hat. It just goes to show how epically unqualified this guy is to be a leader. All he cared about was his selfie opportunity

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Half of what the Christian Heritage Party garnered. I didn't even know they had a candidate running there.

It looks like virtually everybody that didn't like the Conservatives threw their support behind Sakamoto and it was still a walk for the Conservatives.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Does anyone remember when the Rhino party was running federally? They stated that a pen would be installed in the HofC and that nowhere in any document did it state that the primer minister had to be human.

They had a pile of nonsensical ideas they said they would enact, if they formed the government. Great fun, and a necessary distraction from the stuffed shirts running for government. My personal favourite was getting rid of small business and replacing it with "very small business". These very samll businesses would have less than one employee. :)

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Does anyone remember when the Rhino party was running federally? They stated that a pen would be installed in the HofC and that nowhere in any document did it state that the primer minister had to be human.

They had a pile of nonsensical ideas they said they would enact, if they formed the government. Great fun, and a necessary distraction from the stuffed shirts running for government. My personal favourite was getting rid of small business and replacing it with "very small business". These very samll businesses would have less than one employee. :)

I voted for a fellow called Yo Gourt in NDG riding (Montreal) one year. It wasn't a protest vote. He was honestly the best choice. The only other "reasonable" candidate that year was one of Pierre Trudeau's trained seals ... a fellow named Warren somebody-or-other.

Anyone who has voted a lot in Montreal has to have deadened olfactory senses.

They were going to drill holes in the ceiling of the Lafontaine Tunnel and turn it into a free public car wash.

They were going to light all of our houses with radioactive waste and light the streets at night with radioactive citizens.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

There was a Rhino running in Medicine Hat. I've always wanted to run as a candidate

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
The CBC used to debate the consequences of electing the Rhino party. Silly television. They took all the fun out of it. Sure, if the Rhinos actually did form a majority government, they would have got serious, but the odds of that were worse than winning the Irish Sweepstakes (back then).

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The CBC used to debate the consequences of electing the Rhino party. Silly television. They took all the fun out of it. Sure, if the Rhinos actually did form a majority government, they would have got serious, but the odds of that were worse than winning the Irish Sweepstakes (back then).

You never can tell. Alberta elected a Dipper government and nobody saw that coming

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Good to see the rhino party still exists
The Governance of Medicine Hat is obviously daft,
But let's see what happens in Calgary?
A good assessment of if SH riding is daft or not if anything to be observed
If Calgary goes Liberal,my heart will be filled with joy and I am certain SH will be filled with joy also,if he is any kind of community man

Stephan Harper should endorse the Liberal party in his riding so his community can have spin off benifits,as he can too.
Like some self esteem