LNG pipeline and port approved by Liberal heathens.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
RICHMOND, B.C. – Three federal cabinet ministers are en route to Richmond, B.C., where they will announce later today whether the Liberal government is approving a controversial liquefied natural gas project.

The proposed $36-billion Pacific Northwest LNG project is seen as a litmus test of the Trudeau government’s various pledges on environmental stewardship, indigenous reconciliation and energy resource development.

The liquefied natural gas processing plant on Lelu Island near Prince Rupert, B.C., would ship 19 million tonnes a year of frozen, liquefied gas to markets in Asia.

The project is also expected to produce more than five million tonnes of carbon dioxide a year, creating a conundrum for a Liberal government that has made combating climate change a cornerstone of its political identity.

Federal ministers in B.C. to announce LNG call | Globalnews.ca

If this is approved Canada will not meet ANY carbon reduction targets EVER.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
RICHMOND, B.C. – Three federal cabinet ministers are en route to Richmond, B.C., where they will announce later today whether the Liberal government is approving a controversial liquefied natural gas project.

The proposed $36-billion Pacific Northwest LNG project is seen as a litmus test of the Trudeau government’s various pledges on environmental stewardship, indigenous reconciliation and energy resource development.

The liquefied natural gas processing plant on Lelu Island near Prince Rupert, B.C., would ship 19 million tonnes a year of frozen, liquefied gas to markets in Asia.

The project is also expected to produce more than five million tonnes of carbon dioxide a year, creating a conundrum for a Liberal government that has made combating climate change a cornerstone of its political identity.

Federal ministers in B.C. to announce LNG call | Globalnews.ca

If this is approved Canada will not meet ANY carbon reduction targets EVER.
Yeah, but it'll give the bastards an "excuse" to screw us even harder with more and/or higher carbon taxes to "reduce emissions".

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
So much for Trudeau's romance with the aboriginals. That flew out the window.

Not all the aboriginals are like you and want to collect welfare all their lives. Well the women anyway and some of the men have a fair amount of ambition. You are just a convenient pawn in their negotiations for a larger slice of the pie. Just like they did with old growth logging. Now instead of working for foreign lumber barrons the mostly white contractors are working for the local band and the mills in the US are still getting the timber. THe only difference is the provincial government doesn't get all the royalties.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Get off the dole Cliffy and get your fukkin azz to work. Get the lead out all I wanna see is azzholes & elbows get the mollasses out ye azz and get somethin done I have to draw a line to see if You're movin.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Petronas will not proceed with the project, it will die a slow death.
LNG prices have fallen to rock bottom prices and costs continue to rise.

Shell cancelled it's project a while ago, add this one to the list.

The world is awash with LNG plants now, Canada missed the boat,,,,once again. Thanks Indians!!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Not all the aboriginals are like you and want to collect welfare all their lives. Well the women anyway and some of the men have a fair amount of ambition. You are just a convenient pawn in their negotiations for a larger slice of the pie. Just like they did with old growth logging. Now instead of working for foreign lumber barrons the mostly white contractors are working for the local band and the mills in the US are still getting the timber. THe only difference is the provincial government doesn't get all the royalties.
If you even had the slightest clue what you were talking about I might take you seriously. But you don't and I don't. Have fun being a slave to a system that threw you overboard 50 years ago.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Did you really think this would be denied?

Do you think Trudeau cares?

When I said this all started a decade and a half ago under Chretien did you listen?

Next he is going to approve Trans Mountain. Then what?

I can see how you are slave. A slave to stupidity.

How many times have I offered you work driving grain truck for $22 an hr plus OT be it above or below table?

How far would that $4000-$5000 go for you?

Who is the slave?

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
If you even had the slightest clue what you were talking about I might take you seriously. But you don't and I don't. Have fun being a slave to a system that threw you overboard 50 years ago.
The same system that sent a helicopter to take you to hospital and saved your life .
Oh yea you were never a slave to that system , you just take advantage in your time of need .

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The same system that sent a helicopter to take you to hospital and saved your life .
Oh yea you were never a slave to that system , you just take advantage in your time of need .
I was put on that helicopter against my will and they nearly killed me in Kelowna. Another bozo talking out of his rear end.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Killed you with kindness? Who gave you heart disease, yo massa?

No. You gave yourself heart disease and for some stupid reason you still haven't changed the lifestyle that gave it to you.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Seems fair to me. Wy should the indigenous government not get any royalties?

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Petronas will not proceed with the project, it will die a slow death.
LNG prices have fallen to rock bottom prices and costs continue to rise.

I wonder. I remember reading that the natural gas from north eastern BC has an advantage in that it comes out of the ground much colder than the gas other global competitors are marketing, colder enough to represent a significant savings in production costs.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
They created a panel to allow approval of these projects while getting social and environmental licence.

Good on Trudeau to get done in a year what Harper couldn't in 8.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yeah, mini-Ward's an aboriginal like Lao Tzu was a German.