The Shiny Tour Manager

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
who the fukk is ken boorman and why are we paying for the spastic?

Oh, Shiny Pony

By lance on August 26, 2016 8:49 PM | 2 Comments

The Tour guide for us.

And for him.

Do these people even know what a dollar is?

The Prime Minister’s Office has insisted that the Trudeau family paid for its Caribbean Christmas vacation in St. Kitts out of pocket, but they’ve understated some of the peripheral costs associated with the trip.

Not only were taxpayers on the hook for the costs of bringing the government-funded nanny—even though she didn’t appear on one version of the flight manifest—but also thousands of dollars for Trudeau’s tour manager to tag along, even though it wasn’t an official trip of any kind.

Ken Brooman, who is listed as the Tour Manager for the Prime Minister’s Visits in a Government of Canada directory—reporting to the Privy Council Office—logged $6,702.60 in expenses for the trip—ranging from vehicle rental to accommodations to over $2,200 in meals.

Credit card statements show hundreds of dollars in cash advances, as well as hotels as steep as $350 USD per night (though Brooman said in a note that the RCMP was involved in the booking of some accommodations.)

There are some costs that are unavoidable—such as security and transportation costs—but additional staffing and unnecessary resources should be pored over with great scrutiny.

If anyone is going to find out what works and what doesn’t, however, it will be Trudeau—he’s certainly taken enough vacations.

ATIP docs for Trudeau’s St. Kitts trip reveal undisclosed costs for “Tour Manager� - The Rebel

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
The entitled want their entitlements.

But really folks...expenses for a nanny that didn't go?

Tour Manager? I thought bands had tour managers, and why did the guy who books his hotels have to be on the trip? I book my hotels online in my living room.

But he is a rock star and entitled to his entitlements I guess...:roll: