Feds spent $10,681 on photos of Catherine McKenna and her staff in Paris

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Feds spent $10,681 on photos of Catherine McKenna and her staff during Paris climate change talks

Why are these women still cabinet ministers? Someone please tell PM Cuck that it's 2016.

Feds spent $10,681 on photos of Catherine McKenna and her staff during Paris climate change talks

Nearly all the photos from COP21 published by the department feature McKenna herself.

She appears in almost every shot from the conference posted on her ministerial and departmental Twitter accounts, and in each of the 23 pictures currently on ECCC’s Flickr photo-sharing account.

“Photos, like press releases, social media and other communications tools, are a way to communicate to Canadians the work the government is doing on their behalf,” McKenna’s spokesperson, Caitlyn Workman, said in an email.

Health Minister Jane Philpott to repay $520 for Air Canada lounge access

The controversy surrounding Jane Philpott's travel expenses grew Monday as evidence surfaced that the federal Liberal health minister billed taxpayers $520 for access to Air Canada's executive airport lounges in North America and Europe.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

Why are these women still cabinet ministers? Someone please tell PM Cuck that it's 2016.

Nearly all the photos from COP21 published by the department feature McKenna herself.

She appears in almost every shot from the conference posted on her ministerial and departmental Twitter accounts, and in each of the 23 pictures currently on ECCC’s Flickr photo-sharing account.

“Photos, like press releases, social media and other communications tools, are a way to communicate to Canadians the work the government is doing on their behalf,” McKenna’s spokesperson, Caitlyn Workman, said in an email.

The controversy surrounding Jane Philpott's travel expenses grew Monday as evidence surfaced that the federal Liberal health minister billed taxpayers $520 for access to Air Canada's executive airport lounges in North America and Europe.

That's pretty awful. The next thing you know Liberal cabinet ministers will be flying around in helicopters commandeered from the military.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

Women were supposed to fix our corrupt male society. What happened?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Meanwhile, Another five hundred that a certain health minister will be paying back.

Question is whose money will she be using to pay it back?

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
"I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking, And I plan on finding out what that is" Could this be the new Liberal logo?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Meanwhile public schools continue to be underfunded, street kids continue to be homeless, suffer mental health problems, become addicted to drugs to numb the pain, and turn to prostitution to support the drug problem, food banks are short of food, homeless shelters are bursting at the seams.

But priorities I say.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Meanwhile public schools continue to be underfunded, street kids continue to be homeless, suffer mental health problems, become addicted to drugs to numb the pain, and turn to prostitution to support the drug problem, food banks are short of food, homeless shelters are bursting at the seams.

But priorities I say.

LOL.... Peasant problems.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

But priorities I say.

and which one of those problems is a federal and which are provincial?

Hint, Schools are provincial.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
and which one of those problems is a federal and which are provincial?

Hint, Schools are provincial.

Does it matter which jurisdiction which issue falls under? All governments waste money like toilet paper at all levels. Your comment appears to be defending the waste of $10k on some pics for facebook...kinda tells where your priorities are.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Does it matter which jurisdiction which issue falls under? All governments waste money like toilet paper at all levels. Your comment appears to be defending the waste of $10k on some pics for facebook...kinda tells where your priorities are.

It "appears" does it, maybe get your eyes checked. This thread is about federal waste. The majority of shyte that machjo posted does not fall under federal authority. Not that I expect him to get very much right when he posts.

As for the "10K", there are 2 links there, and their titles have 2 different amounts. Which is it, 10k or 6k, or is it a significantly lower number? Did the Conservatives spend a similar amount of money during a similar event for a similar thing? I would lay odds that the answer is yes, but that the right wing pundits would rather ignore that.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
It "appears" does it, maybe get your eyes checked. This thread is about federal waste. The majority of shyte that machjo posted does not fall under federal authority. Not that I expect him to get very much right when he posts.

As for the "10K", there are 2 links there, and their titles have 2 different amounts. Which is it, 10k or 6k, or is it a significantly lower number? Did the Conservatives spend a similar amount of money during a similar event for a similar thing? I would lay odds that the answer is yes, but that the right wing pundits would rather ignore that.

I don't care if it's 10 or 6 and I don't care if it's Libs or PC or NDP or even my own Libertarians it's still waste and should be stopped.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
All governments do stuff like that. Its annoying. I dont get the purpose of hiring a photographer when there will be plenty of press people with cameras around doing i for free.

Question is whose money will she be using to pay it back?

Doesnt really matter to me as long as its paid. Their own pay cheque, a friend or relative, bank loan - just do it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I don't care if it's 10 or 6 and I don't care if it's Libs or PC or NDP or even my own Libertarians it's still waste and should be stopped.

Agreed, and they are looking at cutting back and being more transparent.

Catherine McKenna calls for review after $6,600 photography bill at climate summit - Politics - CBC News

and here's a lil tidbit that the con supporters would rather forget about when pointing the finger at the Libs.

During their time in office, the Conservatives faced questions of their own about photography expenses. An iPolitics investigation found that the former government of Stephen Harper spent more than $2.3 million to photograph Conservative cabinet ministers at various events during its time in office. For example, the photography bill for Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird's week at the United Nations in 2014 cost $13,113.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Agreed, and they are looking at cutting back and being more transparent.

Catherine McKenna calls for review after $6,600 photography bill at climate summit - Politics - CBC News

and here's a lil tidbit that the con supporters would rather forget about when pointing the finger at the Libs.

The real question is would she be calling for a review and such had it not been exposed. I would guess most likely not. Same with the limos and luxury lounge pass etc. You can't do this stuff and expect paying it back once caught with your hand in the honey pot makes it better. Their obvious intention was to not use their own money and not be responsible with taxpayer funds.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The real question is would she be calling for a review and such had it not been exposed. I would guess most likely not. Same with the limos and luxury lounge pass etc. You can't do this stuff and expect paying it back once caught with your hand in the honey pot makes it better. Their obvious intention was to not use their own money and not be responsible with taxpayer funds.

As I have pointed out, paying for photographers is not something new. The cons were very adapt at it. I don't remember them ever saying that they would look at ways to cut back on that expense. McKenna is. What her staff did is norm for the ministry. She, personally, did not benefit.

The limos and the lounge passes, that was outside the "norm", but then again, none have commandeered an armed forces helicopter to ferry them around.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
As I have pointed out, paying for photographers is not something new. The cons were very adapt at it. I don't remember them ever saying that they would look at ways to cut back on that expense. McKenna is. What her staff did is norm for the ministry. She, personally, did not benefit.

The limos and the lounge passes, that was outside the "norm", but then again, none have commandeered an armed forces helicopter to ferry them around.

Again...Would she be 'looking into it' if she hadn't been caught? I think not.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

But priorities I say.

All of those are Provincial issues, not Federal

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Again...Would she be 'looking into it' if she hadn't been caught? I think not.

McKenna? She wasn't "caught". Her ministry did what every other ministry has done previous. She has decided to look at the policies because people are questioning the expense in todays economy.