Alberta adds 47,000 government jobs

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
the kind of future that progs and cucks love. stay pasty and weak. shiny and pathetic.

Let me show you a shocking new report from Statistics Canada, about employment in Alberta, by type of work.

First, 20,000 fewer young people are working now than a year ago, down 6.3%. And that’s going to plunge even further when the NDP jacks up minimum wage.

Next, look at private sector workers. Down more than 70,000 jobs. That's 4.6%. And imagine what’s going to happen when the NDP brings in their carbon sales tax, and jacks up their other taxes.

Finally: Public sector employment. Government workers. Unionized. Pensions. Paid for by tax dollars. You know — the real fat cats. 35 hour work weeks, long lunch breaks, long vacations, lots of sick days.

They’ve had their best year ever! They’ve grown by a staggering 47,000 people. That’s 12.7%.

Has Alberta’s population grown 12.7%? Are there 12.7% more hospitals or schools or roads?

Rachel Notley is not the premier for Alberta. She’s the premier for government bureaucrats and their labour unions.

StatsCan: Alberta adds 47,000 government jobs -- while private sector unemployment soars - The Rebel

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Apparently, the private sector sucks and doesn't want to admit it.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Wrong again.

I have a stable, private industry position because I worked hard to get there instead of depending some phony Conservative government or lower taxes.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Wrong again.

I have a stable, private industry position because I worked hard to get there instead of depending some phony Conservative government or lower taxes.
Utter crap. Use a bidet, please.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
With 90,000 new Alberta Works 'clients' that would account for (most of) the increase. The Employment Centers would have more staff helping people look for jobs that aren't there. The 2/1 ratio is a scandal if it was not the average for progress when the Gov is in control.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Everyone has to work for their gubmit handouts. Age old conservative principle.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Sounds like Wally and Loc need a little of this this morning:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
make-work jobs aboard the tax-payer teat.

the lazy entitled generation LOVES this sh!t.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
For so long Industry controlled public policy,over time diminishing management and regulatory control,leaving safety to chance
Did not read the article,but do know public management was purposely diminished,I think we are just catching up on what is rightfully our given right

I invest for my pension,my money in which I earned,no free ride here

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Wrong again.

Oh you work in a union war room or liberal constituency office . No private sector industry would pay their employees to promote their own agenda 24 7 on the internet .

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
What's gonna happen when stewards of the economy, like yourself, are dead?

Well, I predict it will be something like when you run outta cash to buy your molly. Won't be long before you're selling your azz for a hit.

... That's pretty much the answer to your question

For so long Industry controlled public policy,over time diminishing management and regulatory control,leaving safety to chance

You're really stretching back a a hundred years on this, eh?

Did not read the article,but do know public management was purposely diminished,I think we are just catching up on what is rightfully our given right

Your given right?

... Seek help... Really