Inter-provincial free trade?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I know some anti-free-traders provincial nationalists and sovereignists will oppose efforts to break down free trade between provinces, but I think it's pretty sad when there is freer trade between EU states than between Canadian provinces.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I think that is the greatest idea and we should go east or west or no where, there is some fish left, I lied, we will trade for beef and cattle feed. We have some trees as well and cheap dirty coal.

What we need is an autonomous closed Canadian economic zone,imposed by our armed forces if necssary.

Sort of like the ChiCom closed society of M, I forgot how to spell his name,

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Fair trade.

'Fair trade' is an oxymoron.

Let's take Mexico for instane. In free trade, we open our borders, resulting in many labour-intensive businesses moving to Mexico. This in turn makes Mexico wealthier and so wages slowly rise.

In 'fair trade,' we would never have allowed Mexican companies to trade freely with Canada until they double, triple, or quadruple wages overnight. This puts them in a catch-22. They need free trade to raise wages gradually over time, but they need to raise the wages sky high by their reality before they can have free trade.

Result, in free trade Mexico can gradually catch up, while in 'fair' trade it's placed in a catch-22.

I say free trade is fair trade.

'Fair' trade is about Canadian unionists wanting to screw Mexican workers but clutch it in self-righteous words and phrases for the gullible masses. 1984 new speak. Call unfair trade fair trade and suddenly it seems fair.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The companies that moved to Mexico are spreading skills around to those who would have never gotten them.

These people are first nations in northern Mexico.

Should the jobs go to white Quebecois with piss poor attitudes?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
The companies that moved to Mexico are spreading skills around to those who would have never gotten them.

These people are first nations in northern Mexico.

Should the jobs go to white Quebecois with piss poor attitudes?

Labour unionists hate free trade because it puts poor Mexican workers on an equal footing. They would rather hoatd all the jobs for themselves.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
fair trade is where we pay coffee growers what their crop is worth according to a Liberal assesment
free trade is where beer doesn't have to be too expensive

otherwise:
"Saskatchewan hopping mad over Alberta beer mark up that mirrors other provinces

on Monday, July 18, 2016. The province is changing its beer tax system, replacing a graduated markup system for beers from B.C., Alberta and Saskatchewan with a flat $1.25-per-litre charge.

Western Canada’s beer industry is about to be dominated by whine.

And what’s so far been a lot of cross-border bellyaching about imminent changes to Alberta’s brewing markup rate could quickly turn into a full-on provincial liquor war, with the Saskatchewan government now making threats about imposing a retaliatory increase on Alberta products.
Saskatchewan hopping mad over Alberta beer mark up that mirrors other provinces

if free trade between provinces means cheeper cold beer
the Idea will sell like hot cakes