Ontario on track to eliminate deficit next year, Wynne says

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Sorry conbots.

The numbers can't lie.

First quarter results for 2016 show the Ontario economy growing at an annualized rate of three per cent, the highest in Canada and all G7 countries.

Premier Kathleen Wynne says the province's real gross domestic product grew by 0.8 per cent in January to March, following similar growth in the fourth quarter of 2015.

Wynne says the first quarter gains were driven by higher exports and household spending, and predicts Ontario's economy will remain one of the fastest growing in Canada over the next two years.

She also says the Liberal government is confident the growing economy will allow it to eliminate a $5.7-billion deficit next year as promised.

The premier says she's very encouraged by the momentum of Ontario's growth, especially with so many uncertainties in the global economy.

Wynne says stronger than expected economic growth means more jobs, and points out Ontario's unemployment rate fell to 6.4 per cent in June, the lowest since 2008.

Ontario on track to eliminate deficit next year, Wynne says - Toronto - CBC News

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If I planted a seed in June of 2002 and grew a tree that now only grows 2% a year and Wynne planted a seed in June of 2016 that grows at 3 % per year for the first couple years, which tree will bear more fruit this fall?

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
If I planted a seed in June of 2002 and grew a tree that now only grows 2% a year and Wynne planted a seed in June of 2016 that grows at 3 % per year for its first couple years, which tree will bear more fruit this fall?

That is how many years ON is behind.

Call me when you get your first apple.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
How.. they're selling off the publicly owned crown jewels.. Ontario Hydro.. what's next the roads, carrying to completion the agenda that the rancid Mike Harris/Jim Flaherty neocon junta started with the 407... the water systems, provincial parks.. all up for sale to Wall Street banks and hedge funds.

Wynne, this demented little dyke.. is hopelessy mortgaging the future of the province for some meaningless bookkeeping trophy.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
That is how many years ON is behind.

Call me when you get your first apple.

Sunshine and Rainbows from here on out while Trudeau has the wheel. It does not even need to be true, it just needs to be said.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
BTW the honest numbers indicate it was indeed 2002 when ON began its slide downward.

Sunshine and Rainbows from here on out while Trudeau has the wheel. It does not even need to be true, it just needs to be said.

Ohhhh rain and the looming R word are the crow the fall session will be serving Trudeau

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
I'm all taxed out, so is everybody I know, and that will be the only way, or selling our assets, which is no better.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Wynne says.....

That about says it all....

Flossy posted it so it must be true.
I'm more interested in what the rating agencies say.

Sorry conbots.

The numbers can't lie.

Actually they can. ANd she does.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
WE put that deficit on a bus out of town
www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRVXOznUPNg
as we speak it should passing the last boarder bridge and nearing the far praries right about now
Heaven forbid the bus should crash and the damn thing get loose and run amok all over the place