Mike Duffy rehires 2 staffers caught up in expenses scandal

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
that he was acquitted of.

annnyway...:lol:

go for it cbc.

Senator Mike Duffy has re-hired two staff members who were embroiled in his criminal trial for fraud, breach of trust and bribery.

Melanie Mercer, who worked in Duffy's office from his 2009 Senate appointment until the time of his suspension in 2013, and Mary McQuaid, Duffy's P.E.I.-based policy adviser, are back on the senator's payroll. McQuaid has been hired as a special assistant to Duffy and Mercer takes on the role of executive assistant.

Mercer was a Crown witness during Duffy's criminal trial and was forced to defend her record-keeping practices — including her move to have Duffy pre-sign travel expense claim forms. The RCMP alleged that this practice amounted to fraud. Senate Speaker George Furey testified that it was a "poor practice."

mo

Mike Duffy rehires 2 staffers caught up in expenses scandal - Politics - CBC News

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
We have to remember that this was because the fascist Conservatives controlled the Senate. Unlike Senator Duffy Senator Brazeau will go after the fascist Conservatives who did the evil deed and make them pay. That's what happens when one tries to crap on the First Nations eventually they pay the price.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
We have to remember that this was because the fascist Conservatives controlled the Senate. Unlike Senator Duffy Senator Brazeau will go after the fascist Conservatives who did the evil deed and make them pay. That's what happens when one tries to crap on the First Nations eventually they pay the price.

There are no fascists in the Conservative party. That is the sole domain of the left.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Who controls the senate now ?

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Pure insanity. They were investigated and yes got off, but everybody with a brain knows that they were not all on the up-and-up, I don't believe that for 1 second. I'm glad they got off though, because I do believe they were not 100% clear on the expense policy, although I am very clear on mine, but hey!! What I'm saying is that there is absolutely no way they should be given the opportunity to go right back to there big senate office, and start the rip off again. They should be fired for lack of judgement and questionable character or something !!

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Go Senator Duffy,I hope you have good strategists and information auditors on your side?
If so it should be a walk in a park with fun as you go,
Brilliant minds are a good thing,congratulations in recognizing this