Dear Honourable Rachel Notley

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Dear Honourable Rachel Notley;

If you're serious about Environment and Safety of Albertans, then cap Tractor Trailers in Alberta to 105km and LCV's to 90KM.

I have been a truck driver for over 30 years.. and constantly I'm being passed by LCV drivers on Highway #2 doing 110km. Syndicate, RIG Logistics seem to be habitual in driving careless speeds with LCV's.

If you have 2 53' trailers attached, your stopping distance has automatically doubled, nevertheless I was behind a RIG Logistics driver doing 115km south of Calgary. If the companies won't regulate and the drivers obviously don't have the common sense to slow down, then the trucking industry needs to be regulated by the Provincial Government.

In Ontario they already have legislation that limits Tractor Trailers overall speeds, which helps the environment and over all safety on Ontario freeways.

Sincerely,

B00Mer ;)

// just sent the Premier an email //

Personally I think every dam truck in Canada should be equipped with electronic logs (eLogs) and a Dash Cam that watches both road & driver.. see if the trucker is texting or talking on the phone, or just not doing his or her job safely.

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/relea...application-now-integrates-mcleods-loadmaster

https://www.lytx.com/en-us/

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQkiDIzGNxk

....and made a whole bunch of new friends on the road.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Dear B00Mer, (replace real name) ;)

On behalf of Premier Notley, thank you for your email about safety measures for tractor trailers. I appreciate you taking the time to write. I have shared your email with the ministry of Transportation – responsible for this area – for consideration as they move forward on policy decisions.

Sincerely,

Sheri

Manager, Premier’s Correspondence Unit
Office of the Premier

Nice reply... It'll be nice to see they take action