Ontario revs up Suzuki to push climate plan

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Suuuuuuuuuuu

Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ontario revs up Suzuki to push climate plan

The Ontario government has enlisted the help of David Suzuki to sell its “climate change action plan.”

Canada most famous environmentalist is front and centre – literally – in a slick new 30-second commercial promoting the forthcoming scheme.

In the ad, Suzuki stands on a stage peering up at scores of schoolchildren sitting above him in a theatre.

“What does climate change mean?” he intones from the lectern in a voice known to millions of Canadians from his decades of CBC broadcasts.

“Simply: that we’re in trouble and not enough adults are listening,” says Suzuki, who endorsed former Liberal premier Dalton McGuinty in 2011.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queenspark/2016/06/01/ontario-revs-up-suzuki-to-push-climate-plan.html

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
So he can't reach the more mature portion of our population (adults) and in order for David Suzuki to sell his “climate change action plan”, he is preaching to the less mature segment of our population (children)....

Like Adults are the ones who have experienced more in life through living more years and experiencing more, hence why we look at adults as more rational.

Those are literally children in that video hardly old enough to vote, buy alcohol etc...... Climate change has become a political topic and Mr Suzuki is preaching politics to children who aren't old enough to vote, that is very very low...

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
You must be confusing me with Eagleflack.

Try me.
The fact you see sunshine in bullshyte tells me you're deluded and not worth the effort. I think you're being deliberately offensive because nobody can be that stupid and still know enough to breathe. Anyone who cheers as people have to choose between hydro or dinner is little better than a waste of oxygen.

Howzzat for wind energy?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Why is advertising necessary? They have a majority they will do what they want. Only reason to advertise is for campaigning for next election .... which should be on their dime not the Government of Ontario.

Suzuki is a hypocrite like most of the ecotard spokesmen.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Kids need to develop emotionally and mentally before being exposed to politics of this magnitude or politics in general, hence why they legally can't vote. Douche bag Suzuki looking for child soldiers is not right, and he should be ashamed of himself...

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Suzuki said we are full, now Ontario is sicking him on children? Sounds about right for flossy.

Kids love enviro-busses

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Being David Suzuki: The first thing you do is buy an island in co-operation with an oil company. Then you leave a nice fat carbon footprint as you build what will be one of the 5 houses you own. Then you try and make people take you seriously as you make big scary predictions about rising sea levels and hope they're ignorant of your fancy home on an island. Of course you also have to get to and from your island home and unless you take a sailboat each and every time, well...I don't think I really need to finish that sentence, do I.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Oh goodie, the practice what you preach people are here.

Let the party begin!