That Muslim woman who tried to shame the Tories is no Conservative

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
dat cbc. it's almost as if they're shiny pony's lap-media eh.

This weekend’s Conservative Party convention in Vancouver had the vibe of a Maoist “struggle session” about it — or at least that’s how the press is choosing to cover it. The party is grappling with its future and reflecting on its past, with heavy, heavy pressure being exerted to admit the past in question was just one long, dark slog of homophobia, racism, climate-change denial, and Muslim-bashing. Two incidents gave reason to suspect the Conservatives are interested in playing along. The first was the party’s much-covered decision to scrap its formal commitment to defend the one-man-one-woman definition of marriage (a voluntary gesture of zero practical consequence but considerable symbolic significance which I’ll write more about another day); the other the party’s public dressing-down at the hands of a Muslim woman named Urz Heer who gave a public scolding on the convention floor.

Quoth Stephanie Levitz of the Canadian Press:

Urz Heer, a turquoise scarf covering her hair, chastised her fellow Conservatives and party leadership, saying the campaign unfairly targeted her community.

“This party worked actively and aggressively against my people,” she said, to cries of “not so” from the crowd.

“It did, it did,” she said. “It didn’t differentiate who Muslims were versus the enemy.”

The election drove many Muslims who had never cast a ballot before to aggressively vote against the Tories, said Heer, who is from the Toronto-area riding of Brampton South.

“For the first time I felt like I didn’t belong here and this was my country,” she said, her voice breaking.

Her passionate statement was greeted with applause and she received hugs from some in the crowd but it left party executive director Dustin Van Vugt stumbling for words.

Ms. Urz became the celebrity of the convention and was shortly thereafter interviewed by the CBC. During the chat, she complained further about the party, stating that when they spoke about terrorists, the Conservative government should have made it clear “that Muslims are not included in that bucket.” She also claimed that her floor speech provoked widespread apologies from other personalities at the convention, including one from Dr. Leitch, who is of course presently running for party leader.

But who is Ms. Urz, really? On the CBC, she was described as a “member of the party’s Brampton-South riding” and a Tory “delegate” to the convention. American Blogger Sierra Rayne at the American Thinker appears to have been the first journalist to actually look into Ms. Urz’ background, and found a lot of troubling stuff. As a Canadian, I can put an even finer point on it.

mo

http://www.jjmccullough.com/index.p...ried-to-shame-the-tories-was-no-conservative/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/for-the-firs...servative-party-delegate-speaks-out-1.3605666

http://www.nationalnewswatch.com/20...muslims-away-convention-hears-2/#.V0yQH1fSzOg

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
dat cbc. it's almost as if they're shiny pony's lap-media eh.

This weekend’s Conservative Party convention in Vancouver had the vibe of a Maoist “struggle session” about it — or at least that’s how the press is choosing to cover it. The party is grappling with its future and reflecting on its past, with heavy, heavy pressure being exerted to admit the past in question was just one long, dark slog of homophobia, racism, climate-change denial, and Muslim-bashing. Two incidents gave reason to suspect the Conservatives are interested in playing along. The first was the party’s much-covered decision to scrap its formal commitment to defend the one-man-one-woman definition of marriage (a voluntary gesture of zero practical consequence but considerable symbolic significance which I’ll write more about another day); the other the party’s public dressing-down at the hands of a Muslim woman named Urz Heer who gave a public scolding on the convention floor.

Quoth Stephanie Levitz of the Canadian Press:

Urz Heer, a turquoise scarf covering her hair, chastised her fellow Conservatives and party leadership, saying the campaign unfairly targeted her community.

“This party worked actively and aggressively against my people,” she said, to cries of “not so” from the crowd.

“It did, it did,” she said. “It didn’t differentiate who Muslims were versus the enemy.”

The election drove many Muslims who had never cast a ballot before to aggressively vote against the Tories, said Heer, who is from the Toronto-area riding of Brampton South.

“For the first time I felt like I didn’t belong here and this was my country,” she said, her voice breaking.

Her passionate statement was greeted with applause and she received hugs from some in the crowd but it left party executive director Dustin Van Vugt stumbling for words.

Ms. Urz became the celebrity of the convention and was shortly thereafter interviewed by the CBC. During the chat, she complained further about the party, stating that when they spoke about terrorists, the Conservative government should have made it clear “that Muslims are not included in that bucket.” She also claimed that her floor speech provoked widespread apologies from other personalities at the convention, including one from Dr. Leitch, who is of course presently running for party leader.

But who is Ms. Urz, really? On the CBC, she was described as a “member of the party’s Brampton-South riding” and a Tory “delegate” to the convention. American Blogger Sierra Rayne at the American Thinker appears to have been the first journalist to actually look into Ms. Urz’ background, and found a lot of troubling stuff. As a Canadian, I can put an even finer point on it.

mo
Nice pic. Funny how that's not considered cultural appropriation. I guess you have to be the inbred female doppleganger of Orville Redenbacher to get away with it.