Get Ready To Bow To Canada's Aristocratic Ruling Class

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Frank Herbert warned us that "Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly towards aristocratic forms. No government in history has been known to evade this pattern". We've gotten to that point in Canada where the entire function of Government is to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class. Recent examples....

related: Michael's Quote of the Week comes from from Ayn Rand and is particularly pertinent considering today's political shenanigans in Ottawa and Washington

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Why? Three hots and a cot beats hell out of a cardboard box and a Hortons cup....

You're thinking about a romantic version of prison. Think about hanging in irons from a stone wall in a dungeon while the hots are applied to your feet with a burning poker. Hanging in irons is the tried and true solution to inmate density problems.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
You're thinking about a romantic version of prison. Think about hanging in irons from a stone wall in a dungeon while the hots are applied to your feet with a burning poker. Hanging in irons is the tried and true solution to inmate density problems.

Personally, I favor the old Iron Maiden - just the ticket to shape up all the bad guys. :smile:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
You have excluded gals. This genderization of language has to be curbed. My comment was gender inclusive and as such politically correct. I really wish the modulators would get on you types who perpetuate such old fashioned stereotypical discriminations. You're not helping to build the brave new world you know.

Frank Herbert warned us that "Governments, if they endure, always tend increasingly towards aristocratic forms. No government in history has been known to evade this pattern". We've gotten to that point in Canada where the entire function of Government is to act exclusively in the interests of the ruling class. Recent examples....

related: Michael's Quote of the Week comes from from Ayn Rand and is particularly pertinent considering today's political shenanigans in Ottawa and Washington

I'm quite sure that we have not just "gotten to that point" and that Ayn Rand never had an original thought enter her head. While it may certainly have become more apparent owing to enhanced communication it is nevertheless as old as the written word. Of course our early educations would have left us in a state to now be surprised by revelations of government largesse unearned. Of course the figures mentioned in the vid are shocking nontheless. Certainly the ammounts must have been supplied for aquizition of some product or outcome. I wonder what it could be? I think it a strong indication of the troubled waters ahead where government continuity will be tested, perhaps the extra cash could be viewed as fly paper or legislative glue to bind members to what might be seen as unpopular warlike policies.
The insertion of upcoming policy might indeed be lubricated by increased office supply.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
When my cousin was doin time in the county jail they use to say, "Three hots and a cot and if you snooze you lose."
Soap on a rope ai'no joke....

Best I heard was from an old friend - a little guy who couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag and in for being stupid. Big fellow took a shine to him in the shower. Buddy really didn't have a choice in the matter - until he felt probe finding target. That's when he panicked, latch a hold on the danglers - and stood up.

His eighteen months went smoothly.....