Wynne’s Liberals have made Ontario’s economy as pathetic as the Maple Leafs

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via sda: By Kate on May 14, 2016 1:28 AM

Ontario's industrial structure continues the decade-long shift from its traditional pillars of manufacturing and finance to government-directed investments in transportation and utilities. Before the recession, capital spending by manufacturing and finance reached $18.3 billion. Now, they total half that. In their place, investment in transportation and utilities has doubled from $10 billion to $20 billion. Instead of world-class factories and banks, Ontario now invests in mass transit and green-energy projects, mostly dictated by government.

[...]

The contrast between business investment in Quebec and Ontario shows that the billions poured into government infrastructure and green-energy projects has not "kick-started" Ontario's business investment as the government hoped. In fact, the high taxes and electricity rates needed to pay for these schemes seems to be driving investment out of Ontario, especially from its manufacturing core. Slumping investment is hardly surprising since business confidence in Ontario is the lowest in Canada, with only 30 per cent of firms saying the province is headed in the right direction. Not even a lower dollar has made it worthwhile for firms to expand. Instead, Ontario's building a magnificent transportation infrastructure to carry imported goods that used to be made here and to ferry commuters to jobs that will not materialize as long as business investment flounders

Philip Cross: It’s official. Kathleen Wynne’s Liberals have made Ontario’s economy as pathetic as the Maple Leafs | Financial Post

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
It's sad for Ontario. The GTA is responsible for this. The sheer numbers of uninformed, and downright stupid people who live and vote there, is proof of that. They remained blissfully unaware when McGuinty started the destruction. After his departure, they let the Liberals continue their mismanagement with Wynne.

I suppose when the power and water are shut off, and as the buildings fall down around them, they will point the finger of blame at some long departed premier, or the feds, for their predicament. Look in the mirror. You will see who is responsible for all your woes.

As a group, the GTA is among the least capable of self analysis and taking corrective action.

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Southern Ontario needs to become a separate province. WE THE NORTH, are suffering because of them idiots.
Southern ON is very conservative and votes Conservative except for the cities.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
And those cities are in Southern Ontario... Maybe make Toronto its own province, but like that would ever happen....
What is it 'bout city people that makes many more of them lefties?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
i dunno, maybe its all the mass advertisement they are exposed to daily that causes them irreparable brain damage which puts them on the leftie path...
The farther away from nature they are the more they think that man is the supreme being and human nature can be changed on a whim.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Wynne, in no way, is "left leaning". She's doing what that quitter Harris saw wise in quitting - and left the door open to corruption on making fast his get-away
Another lefty talking-point.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
The farther away from nature they are the more they think that man is the supreme being and human nature can be changed on a whim.

i have noticed that, when talking about Mining and especially Hunting with Torontonians...

An example being that all hunting for sport should be outlawed, this is a common theme i experience.

I then ask, who is going to pay for the conservation of said animals and how will manage said animals... The answers have been lackluster at best, and shocking at most.

About controlling numbers, i was told that; A) Move out of the forested areas and change your livelihood, because its people like me who are killing mother nature. or and get this B) Let the animals become over populated and then when its apparently obvious have people trained and educated on killing them only and waste the meat...

About putting money up for conserving habitats, especially wetlands the answers have been, again move out of the north because me im the problem. But not one of them know that hunters are the ones who pay for the conservation of the animals they the hunters hunt.

and they only argue if they have quick access to wifi for the ability to reference and make an argument. They can't make a basis for an argument off of the top of their head..

Mining, oh boy i aint even going to bore you with the responses ive heard about that.. but the theme is consistent....

Sorry if this got off-topic,

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Actually, the situation on Ontario will eventually be fixed by ballot.

The Leafs ... no hope of a fix from anywhere, ever.

If you want to fix the Leafs, stop buying their tickets, their paraphenelia, watching their games. The co-dependat Zombies who call themselves "Leafs Nation" are the authors of their own demise.

Vote with your feet, zombies!! Vote out the Liberals, ya same bunch of zombies!!