Fiscal monitor AGAIN confirms Trudeau’s Liberals inherited surplus

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
How many times have we been told that Harper and the Conservatives left us in a big fiscal mess? That has been the narrative pushed by Trudeau and Finance Minister Morneau to justify the costly stimulus spending they wanted to do, regardless of the truth.

As time passes and we see yet again that the government’s own Fiscal Monitor reports, released by the Finance Department, show we’ve been in a budgetary surplus, this lie should get harder to maintain.

This isn’t a matter of opinion but fact, yet the Liberals continue telling lies -- whether it’s John McCallum lying about Syrian refugees, Chrystia Freeland lying about her “vanity trip” to visit her buddy Bill Maher or Trudeau and Morneau lying about the Conservatives leaving them in a fiscal mess.

The facts are there and the fact is, the Harper Conservatives left the Liberals a surplus.

The only way they can continue saying the opposite is to do something underhanded and fiddle with the books, or they can finally admit the truth.

That’s not something they want to do so the question is, will the media and the opposition call them on it?

Bad at math or good at lying? Fiscal monitor again confirms Trudeau’s Liberals inherited surplus - The Rebel

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
That’s not something they want to do so the question is, will the media...call them on it?
Well we know the CBC won't. They recently finished an "article" trying to explain how Trudeau's planned deficits won't really be deficits.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Oh well.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
therefore the pony boy and his bromanciers are the lyin' fukks we told y'all they were.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
A friend of mine mentioned to me the other day that the reason the government's latest troop deferral is being called a 'training mission' even though any fool knows that they will be on the front lines and most likely will come under fire is because they won't have to pay combat salaries thereby saving themselves a chunk of money.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
A friend of mine mentioned to me the other day that the reason the government's latest troop deferral is being called a 'training mission' even though any fool knows that they will be on the front lines and most likely will come under fire is because they won't have to pay combat salaries thereby saving themselves a chunk of money.

Gotta get the money from somewhere to build the windmills.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

The Liberals don't like the Forces. They never have, either. Our already teenie-weenie army is about to get even smaller.