The ROC is sympathetic to Alberta's poor economy

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

A new poll of 2,098 Canadians between Feb. 16-26 commissioned by the CBC suggests that the rest of the country is sympathetic to Albertans' plight.

92 per cent of Canadians say that the energy industry is important for the national economy.
63 per cent believe Alberta should immediately receive $700 million in federal infrastructure money.
56 per cent say that the federal government should remove restrictions on EI for Albertans.
59 per cent believe that Alberta needs federal government help to help combat slumping oil prices.
59 per cent of Canadians support the Energy East pipeline.

Canadians revel in Alberta's downfall, or do they? - Calgary - CBC News

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
92 per cent of Canadians say that the energy industry is important for the national economy.

Sure it is, that is why everybody should have a fail-safe access to it, so far only the west has that level of access.

63 per cent believe Alberta should immediately receive $700 million in federal infrastructure money.

Depends what the plans are and then it might need $7B instead (over a longer period)

56 per cent say that the federal government should remove restrictions on EI for Albertans.

More access to home based business and contracting yourself out with all the deduction being yours rather than some company.

59 per cent believe that Alberta needs federal government help to help combat slumping oil prices.

Take away any existing subsidies and give those to industries that have a brighter future (when energy costs are as low as they will go).

59 per cent of Canadians support the Energy East pipeline.

Move this one higher and build the lines while the price of oil is cheap, waiting til the prices are higher only makes it more expensive to build. If oil ever gets expensive then the East can still get western fuel at discounted prices, no such deal if it comes via ship. (if you can even get some)

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
As soon as they get back up on their horse, after we help them, you can bet they will be pissing on the rest of Canada again, in no time.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
You would have to be both exceptionally mean spirited and as dull as dishwater to wish ill of another part of your country and the fate of your fellow countryman. We are all Canadians, first.

The worst offenders have always been the right wing sect of the prairies who have piled on Ontario for the last decade.

Funny, I know a former PM who also did that.

Oh the gravy.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
...the ghost of Bible Bill Egerhardt haunts our federation still. Somebody please drive a wooden stake ...

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
You would have to be both exceptionally mean spirited and as dull as dishwater to wish ill of another part of your country and the fate of your fellow countryman. We are all Canadians, first.
don't be silly,of course i would not ill of anything or anyone,regardless of Canada or throughout the world,certanly not.
i apoligize if my comment seem to be uncaring,
but i have been noticing sympathetic comments and caring offers to Alberta,I cannot but feel the love,i guess i should have extended on my comment,i am witnessing the care coming in across Canada.
i love my fellow Canadians,(unless they are those radical rights.)