Bloodthirsty Filipino Muslims Set To Murder Canucks !

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
we all knew this would happen and it looks like it's Just a Matter of Time-as a Matter of Principle the Canadian Gubmint Does Not Pay Ransom

‘They will execute us’: Ransom deadline set for Canadians held hostage in Philippines

Two Canadians held captive in the Philippines for nearly six months have appeared in a new video with a haunting and dire warning.

Identifying themselves as John Ridsdel and Robert Hall, the two men were frail and distressed in a video that appeared on Facebook Thursday, as they were forced to plead for the Canadian government to act on the demands on their captors, the militant group Abu Sayyaf.

With a large knife held to his neck and wincing in pain, former mining consultant Ridsdel directed his words at the prime minister and the Canadian people.

“Please do what’s needed to meet their demands within one month or they will kill me, they will execute us,” Ridsdel said under duress.

“The Canadian government has got to get off its *** and do what is necessary to get us out of here soon. We’ve got one month before this happens,” says Hall, lifting his cuffed hands off the ground and gesturing towards Ridsdel as a machete-wielding captor repeatedly runs the dull side of his blade against Ridsdel’s neck.

Ridsdel, 68 at the time he was kidnapped, was once a senior vice president chief operating officer for Calgary-based mining company TVI Pacific. Hall, reported to be 50 years old when he was taken hostage, appears gaunt and with much longer hair in this latest video.

The terror group had previously demanded more than $100 million in ransom to release the four captives.

In a video posted online in November, Hall said, under duress, he was being held for “one billion pesos” or CDN $28 million. It’s the same demand for each of the other hostages.

Global News has reached out to Global Affairs for a response to the demands Abu Sayyaf made in the video, but spokesperson Rachna Mishra said the government would “not comment or release any information which may compromise ongoing efforts or endanger the safety of Canadian citizens.”

The Canadian government names Abu Sayyaf on its list of designated terrorist organizations.

Ridsdel and Hall were seized from a marina on the southern Philippines resort island of Samal on Sept. 21.

The pair were taken captive along with Hall’s reported Filipina companion Marites Flor and the marina’s Norwegian manager Kjartan Sekkingstad.

Sekkingstad identifies the captors as being members of the al Qaeda-affiliated Abu Sayyaf and says they are being held in the Sulu islands.

“Try to meet their demands within 30 days or we’re all dead,” Sekkingstad says before a masked captor sets an April 8 deadline for the ransom.

“If you think your that your policy is far better for you than the lives of [these] captives, certainly we will do something terrible against [these] captives,” he shouts before leading the other machine gun-carrying militants in chanting “Allahu Akbar (God is great).”

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I thought the headline was for the chambermaids in Canada to start putting bedbugs in the rooms they clean. His travel insurance will cough up the money I'm sure.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You related to the victims?

BTW your thread title outweighs my 'racist' comment by a few miles easily. Kidnappers are money hungry rather than blood thirsty or they would have been killed on the spot.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
You related to the victims?....your thread title outweighs my 'racist' comment by a few miles easily. Kidnappers are money hungry rather than blood thirsty or they would have been killed on the spot.
Appalling ignorance re:international geo-politics and Filipino history noted.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
These two men where kidnapped almost six months ago,
in the Philippines, and are still being held in the same
country. Any word what the Philippine Gov't & in turn
Military has done so far?

Is this why Justine pulled those jets out'a the Syrian
theatre? Freeing up resources to do something about
this horse****?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Nothing on this one? Honestly, I hadn't heard of this situation
until two days ago. Nothing in the local or national media (TV
& radio, and here) until about 36 hours ago.

Figured others would find outrage at two Canadian Senior
Citizens being kidnapped almost six freak'n months ago,
and nothing happening....

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Nothing on this one? Honestly, I hadn't heard of this situation until two days ago. Nothing in the local or national media (TV & radio, and here) until about 36 hours ago.Figured others would find outrage at two Canadian Senior Citizens being kidnapped almost six freak'n months ago,and nothing happening....
It was all over the news when it happened these guys are as good as dead and they know it.

The southern Philippines is just too damned hot/close to the action for most people*-an American I know who lives in Manila visited Cebu a few years ago and was only able to visit certain islands in daylight with an armed guard/soldier along local security simply wouldn't let him do it with his family the risk of kidnapping was too great.

* I gather the security where they were staying was either bought off/lazy or probably both in that they allowed the kidnappers to walk right in and local politics preclude the army from doing anything at all.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

Perhaps the Murdoch policy for North America is 'If it isn't good news it isn't worth publishing.' We i didn't hear about friendly fire for about that long either and some people were digging for that story.

This place has gone through several members, do you remember the ones you didn't like first or do you have to go through the ones you like first and then those names are available.

Ever ask yourself what they were doing in a place known to be hostile to 'white people'? Tourists should be suing their travel agent if that is what they are claiming to be. What would you do with two ISIS members caught in Canada.

Take them fishing from a helicopter.

If the first one out didn't talk the 2nd one might have a change of heart at about that point in time.

Bloodthirsty

You can get that with money. By the litre. $6.95 DELIVERED.
What %. That is how out closest store re;labels their stock. He automatically chooses the highest content and lowest price unless some other brand is desired. Tried moonshining once but we kept drinking the mash before it made it to the still, what can I say, today it is called a 7% cooler.
Would you like some flammable lemonade| with those fries? If gin is called 'pantie remover' you can imagine what this stuff does when self administered, otherwise you end you up like this.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

They aren't journalists with dual passports .

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Six months ago I was working 12-14 hour days in a hole in
the ground, and missed this happening. Now I'm six weeks
into something different where I'm back home every night
and much more aware of things, & get to play here too.

If I was one of these kidnapped Canadians, I'd be silently
praying for the sound of planes overhead, and the whistling
of the carpet bombs falling....knowing that though I'd be gone,
all the turds who kidnapped me would be gone also, and they'd
think twice before abducting another Canadian.

I'd just hope for the whistling to last long enough that I could yell
to my captors, "Hey Achmed....Suck on my Dick!!!!"

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/137829-canadians-abducted-islamic-terrorists-guns.html

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/news/138292-impossible-weve-been-told-isis.html

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Maybe trudOWE will grant the hostage takers citizenship.

"trudOWE" needs to do nothing. The government needs to reiterate that they do not negotiate with terrorists, and that's the end of it. If the Philippine gov't isn't willing to do anything about this criminal act that was perpetrated on their land, then Canada should look at sanctions against the Philippines.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
"trudOWE" needs to do nothing. The government needs to reiterate that they do not negotiate with terrorists, and that's the end of it. If the Philippine gov't isn't willing to do anything about this criminal act that was perpetrated on their land, then Canada should look at sanctions against the Philippines.

Not going to happen. The Philippines is a major source of cheap labour for the idle rich that run our country.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
That's right it's all Filipino politics and it's a dirty, dirty game.