One on One with the Prime Minister

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
The Alberta Guy

CBC brought 10 Canadians with diverse backgrounds and viewpoints from across the country to Ottawa to question Justin Trudeau face to face.

Neither politicians nor special interest advocates, these Canadians were given unprecedented access, each sitting down with Trudeau alone in his office for 10 minutes, behind closed doors, to ask him about the issues that matter to them.

Canadians interview the prime minister about issues that matter to them - Politics - CBC News

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yes, yes it is and behind the Kenyan door is an RPN with your pony and remeron shot. It's where they wrote Mr Redsweater's lines.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I am sure the respondents were very diverse representing all the different opinions held by the Liberal Party they were members of.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I want to know how a driller is to instantly become an equipment operator doing municipal projects? Unless....

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The dummy doesn't even know the oil glut is worldwide rather than it being a Canadian problem always.
Nice move to cut him off in mid-sentence, 2x at least. Maybe he is from Alberta, one that wouldn't survive one night in just about any bar here.

I want to know how a driller is to instantly become an equipment operator doing municipal projects? Unless....
Packer jockey, give him a bag of weed and tell him to follow the flashing light on the grader until there is snow on the ground.
Put $500M into hemp cultivation/processing and that will bring in 10x as much money in return as the smoking variety. Since it is an industry that doesn't exist today (by design) it would employ more people than got laid off from the patch. That would also eliminate the dependency on oil for many of the finished products that are plastic at the present.
I doubt any Albertan (except this dork) thinks that Canada is to blame for the low price of oil on a global scale

Last edited:

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Didn't look to me as if the interviewers were all that happy with Trudeau's replies. He mouths the same old vapid platitudes over and over.
His stance was patronizing, that of the benevolent aristocrat lowering himself to hear the concerns of the commoners and assure them that HE is 'looking into that' very problem!
But nothing concrete to give hope that things will improve. You just have to trust HIM and everything will be okay.
He doesn't impress me as a man with a plan; he doesn't even sound like a man. He sounds more like a hypnotist lulling his subject into a trance with his monotonous tone.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Didn't look to me as if the interviewers were all that happy with Trudeau's replies. He mouths the same old vapid platitudes over and over.
His stance was patronizing, that of the benevolent aristocrat lowering himself to hear the concerns of the commoners and assure them that HE is 'looking into that' very problem!
But nothing concrete to give hope that things will improve. You just have to trust HIM and everything will be okay.
He doesn't impress me as a man with a plan; he doesn't even sound like a man. He sounds more like a hypnotist lulling his subject into a trance with his monotonous tone.

I look at the exercise as being slightly more positive than negative. Most of the "positive" is likely in perception. I scanned through the C.B.C. report, just to take a look at the subjects, their locations and the issues and they've probably been covered as well as they can with 10 people. I'd rather see a few people disappointed with his response than everyone beaming with false hope derived from insincere promises. Maybe it's a sign of realism and honesty. Politicians get criticised for snubbing the rank and file citizens. Trudeau has made ONE step in the right direction. Let's hope it's followed up with a thousand more!

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I look at the exercise as being slightly more positive than negative. Most of the "positive" is likely in perception. I scanned through the C.B.C. report, just to take a look at the subjects, their locations and the issues and they've probably been covered as well as they can with 10 people. I'd rather see a few people disappointed with his response than everyone beaming with false hope derived from insincere promises. Maybe it's a sign of realism and honesty. Politicians get criticised for snubbing the rank and file citizens. Trudeau has made ONE step in the right direction. Let's hope it's followed up with a thousand more!

You are more optimistic that I! I can't believe Trudeau's 'One on One' was any more than another photo op for him. He has shown so far by his evasive tactics that he's more interested in covering his own *** than he is in the plight of the rank and file citizens. Eo you think he will ever be able to make a firm decision?

I suspect that Sec. of State Kerry, in spite of his public diplomacy has put a bug in the ears of Trudeau and his Ministers. Let's see what happens there!.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You are more optimistic that I! I can't believe Trudeau's 'One on One' was any more than another photo op for him. He has shown so far by his evasive tactics that he's more interested in covering his own *** than he is in the plight of the rank and file citizens. Eo you think he will ever be able to make a firm decision?

I suspect that Sec. of State Kerry, in spite of his public diplomacy has put a bug in the ears of Trudeau and his Ministers. Let's see what happens there!.

Oh, I agree with you that there were definitely ulterior motives, but I doubt if he's clever enough to prevent other (hopefully good things) from "rubbing off" plus he's just lost the ability to say he wasn't told. :) :)

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
The Alberta Guy

CBC brought 10 Canadians with diverse backgrounds and viewpoints from across the country to Ottawa to question Justin Trudeau face to face.

Neither politicians nor special interest advocates, these Canadians were given unprecedented access, each sitting down with Trudeau alone in his office for 10 minutes, behind closed doors, to ask him about the issues that matter to them.

Canadians interview the prime minister about issues that matter to them - Politics - CBC News
That look is starting to turn off the nation man. It's a 1/2 smirk and 1/2 saint look, what is that? The job of PM is a seriously job, stop this insane looolaaalaaa