I Learned Something About Syrian Refugees.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
So I'm in Edmonton on business and the hotel I'm at is refugee central. They are everywhere, loitering around the hotel (presumably because they have no particular place to go). Anyway, I'm eating at the breakfast smorg and its Eggs/hash browns/bacon/pork sausage etc and the refugees are lapping it up. I went out for supper with my parents last night and we discussed if. My thoughts were, "Hey, I guess some Muslims are fine with pork." My dad told me a huge number of Syrian refugees are Christian and many of the first wave are Christians or friends of Christians. It appears, many Churches have been working quietly behind the scenes to get Christians (and those sympathetic to them) out of Syria. It's important to note that Syrian Christians account for roughly 10% of the population. I asked my dad (who is quite religious and involved in his church) how he knew this and he told me his church has been focused on this issue for the last couple of years. He said they don't like to discuss it openly because some people may interpret their actions as "choosing Christians over Muslims" but in their eyes, Christians are at greater risk and that is why they (his church) are focusing on Christians. The Government is quite happy to let people think we are opening our doors to 25,000 Muslims. Not only do they look compassionate but tolerant as well.

It looks like Loc, Das and Broomer can relax a bit. Not all the refugees are trying to kill them.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I saw what? 100 refugees at a hotel and even if I didn't talk to any of them, they seemed alright, so it stands to reason that the 25000 coming in will also be OK....
So that means that all the stories coming out of Europe have to be simply fear mongering.....
My father and my cousin and his priest told me so.....Got It!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If you look for trouble, you'll find it every time....
First of all I don't believe a single word Cannook posted.....
All his information comes from a google search
And keeping your eyes open and staying aware is not looking for trouble but being ready for it if it comes.

When you buy something at a store and check your change before putting it in your pocket
Are you paranoid or just vigilant and careful?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
First of all I don't believe a single word Cannook posted.....
All his information comes from a google search
And keeping your eyes open and staying aware is not looking for trouble but being ready for it if it comes.

That about says it all
When you buy something at a store and check your change before putting it in your pocket
Are you paranoid or just vigilant and careful?

Sometimes, I don't even remember if I GOT change....

If you expect the worst, you'll have it

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I saw what? 100 refugees at a hotel and even if I didn't talk to any of them, they seemed alright, so it stands to reason that the 25000 coming in will also be OK....
So that means that all the stories coming out of Europe have to be simply fear mongering.....
My father and my cousin and his priest told me so.....Got It!

I'm not surprised you were unable to understand the OP but thanks for the input.

They're all eee-vil terra-rists!

Apparently some of them must be eee-vil Cristshun terra-rists