How can the Liberals leave others to defend our national security?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
for the tilly hatted skinny academic types with a vacant inexplicable constant smile on their faces fantasizing about meeting shiny pony:

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 will go down as a day of ignominy for the Liberal Party of Canada.

For crass electoral reasons, the party voted that day against the Conservative motion to send CF-18 fighters to join the coalition arranged against the barbarians of the Islamic State, the militant group who, at the time, were knocking at the gates of Baghdad.
Calculating that the war would become unpopular, particularly in Quebec, the Trudeau Liberals locked themselves into a position advocating a “military role of a non-combat nature.”

That they still haven’t found a face-saving way to fix that blunder is now Canada’s disgrace.

Camille Carrier, the mother of Maude Carrier, who was killed in a terror attack by Islamic fundamentalists in Burkina Faso on Friday, said she is ashamed of Canada. “I have plenty of friends in France who are ashamed of us,” she said, as she called for military action against jihadist forces.

more

John Ivison: How can the Liberals leave others to defend our national security? | National Post

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
When you worry about what cutthroats and murderers think about you yer already one with them. Maude should have her tiny little head wrapped in a diaper before she soils the rest of her furniture.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
No matter how you look at recent history Mr Truedeaus assention was enabled by Mr Harper. Mr Harper was rendered defencless in the face of a kitten hugging selfie addicted populist cobbled out of the sacred clay of his progenitor.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
No matter how you look at recent history Mr Truedeaus assention was enabled by Mr Harper. Mr Harper was rendered defencless in the face of a kitten hugging selfie addicted populist cobbled out of the sacred clay of his progenitor.

Yours is a fair comment, however, the nature of the current gvt's vacuous and superficial persona has a very real shelf-life.

The key to Trudeau's success (or that or any new gvt) will be gauged via the delivery of the implied results to both their core supporters and especially those swing voters.

Based on what I see so far, the selfie tactic, if relied upon too heavily can potentially be more damaging than he might imagine.

Wait and see I guess

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Yours is a fair comment, however, the nature of the current gvt's vacuous and superficial persona has a very real shelf-life.

The key to Trudeau's success (or that or any new gvt) will be gauged via the delivery of the implied results to both their core supporters and especially those swing voters.

Based on what I see so far, the selfie tactic, if relied upon too heavily can potentially be more damaging than he might imagine.

Wait and see I guess

#1 The current government , if the war proceeds according to and meeting the Atlantists agenda, will have been the last example of democratic selection of government in Canada, even though it was theatre.

# 2 At this point in time the voter is not involved in the political process.

# 3 Mr Truedohs princely machinations are in support of damaging the old Canadian Perception (did it really exist?) (peacekeepers?) however since he is not serving but rather serviceing the Canadian rabble at the behest of the Internationalist Mob in thier timed global dominion cause which must be accomplished if they are to survive nobody of that class is worried about what comes after in the case of thier uncertain victory. If they win they rule if they lose they will be hunted down until they are gone. This is the end game and nothing else.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
How can you ask that question? It's a century and a half old tradition!

Expect the last dusty threads holding our Forces together to be cut by this lot.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I am confident Canada is playing an important role with the fight against ISIS,it may not be obvious,but i believe something is happening,I believe in the humanities,and to sit idle would be wrong,I amconfident and so should you.
Times have changed in the last year,old decisons are just that old decisons made by old circumstances,nothing more,nothing less,people have a right to change their minds in light of new knowledge.
be proud and confident.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
because the bombing and ground troops have worked so well over the last 15 plus years at reigning in the terrorists.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Screw sending in ground troops. Continue the bombing. Preferably drones. Maybe Trudeau can get us some drones.

How long have they been doing that now? How much headway have they made against ISIS and against terrorism in general?

How many terrorists and ISIS fighters have been killed compared to civilians by "coalition" forces?

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
How long have they been doing that now? How much headway have they made against ISIS and against terrorism in general?

How many terrorists and ISIS fighters have been killed compared to civilians by "coalition" forces?

We have made one fatal mistake. Nation building. I think our new policy should be simple.

Attack us or our interests, we come to your place and kill you. No boots on the ground. No propping up dictators.

By the way, I am also for getting out of bed with despot countries like Saudi Arabia.

If Mr. Trudeau really wants Canada to be a shining example to the world he shouldn't be selling military equipment to scumbag countries like Saudia Arabia or doing trade with China.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Excuse me Mr soldier, but wasn't it your pal harper that brokered the arms deal ?I used to feel bad for "you people" but now i think you should all be put to sleep.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
If Canadians insist on travelling to Muslim Countries and in doing so get themselves kidnapped, injured or killed, Canadians should not have to pay for their stupidity by either financially assisting or sending other Canadians to fight these killers.

The Americans opened up this battle in 2003 and they can finish it at their cost.

The original reason they installed Sadam amongst others was to look after the wacky religious groups that may get uppity. They got rid of Saddam for whatever reason they felt justified in doing so and now, we should not have to pay the price of their folly....

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Excuse me Mr soldier, but wasn't it your pal harper that brokered the arms deal ?I used to feel bad for "you people" but now i think you should all be put to sleep.

I'm not sure we are really pals, but yeah. Can you show me where I am vocal about endorsing that deal? I guess that Trudeau should keep Bill C-51 and continue airstrikes in Syria as well, or is profit put above conscience by you Liberal supporters. Maybe you should wake up.

We already have thousands of them. They're called conservatives.

Oh that's funny. Let's just carry on putting young Canadian's in harms way (boots on the ground) while we pat ourselves on the back about not bombing.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.

i think you are going to see the heat turned up in the near future,no more nice guys and girls,aggression is the only choice,how I am not sure,but I am confident.

If Canadians insist on travelling to Muslim Countries and in doing so get themselves kidnapped, injured or killed, Canadians should not have to pay for their stupidity by either financially assisting or sending other Canadians to fight these killers.

The Americans opened up this battle in 2003 and they can finish it at their cost.

The original reason they installed Sadam amongst others was to look after the wacky religious groups that may get uppity. They got rid of Saddam for whatever reason they felt justified in doing so and now, we should not have to pay the price of their folly....
something wrong?Your post doesn't sound like you,hope all is well.

"If he's dead, he's VC."
what is VC?