Trudeau: strategy towards ISIS won’t change even if Paris-style terror attack happens

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau does not see any reason to make changes in his policy towards the Islamic State (a.k.a. IS, ISIS and ISIL) and the threat of Islamic motivated terrorism even if Canada becomes a target.

In the end-of-year interview with Global News, Trudeau reiterated his determination to put an end to the Canadian bombing mission of ISIS in Iraq and Syria and to focus on training local forces and taking part in humanitarian efforts.

In this context, Global National anchor Dawna Friesen asked Trudeau (24:51-27:45):

“If God forbid there was an attack on Canada like the one in Paris would that change the equation for you?”
Trudeau answered as follows:

“Obviously, we are working very hard to both insure that Canadian safety, but also not to give in to the narrative that ISIS wants.

“I mean, if they are posting beheadings on the internet and using advanced videos as recruiting tools, one of things that they need, they need people to be terrorized by terror, they need people to be afraid, people need to be polarized, and that what they are trying to do.

“They would love for us to suddenly be afraid, be more afraid and close in and create walls because that makes it easier for them to achieve their goals. We have to be courageous and confident while we protect Canadians.”

(This article originally appeared at CIJNews and is reprinted with permission.)

Trudeau: strategy towards ISIS won’t change even if Paris-style terror attack happens in Canada - The Rebel

stay shiny

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Who would we train? The peshmerga as incomparable to western military as it is, is actually quite effective given the geo political situation it operates in.

I didn't watch the video but what you posted jut strikes me as semantics and rhetoric.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Canadian PM Trudeau: We Won't Attack ISIS Even if Bombed

Canadian PM Trudeau: We Won't Attack ISIS Even if Bombed

When it comes to brutal Islamic terrorists bent on destroying the West, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says it's all about "rising above fear" and showing that the best way to defeat ISIS is to live in a pluralistic, multicultural society.

Thus, the Canadian leftist has vowed that his military will not bomb ISIS even if Canada is attacked. Israel National News shares highlights of the recent interview in which Trudeau shows he hasn't a grasp on reality, does not understand what ISIS really wants, and does not know how to protect his citizenry. Maintaining that he will keep his post-election promise to end the Canadian Air Force's role in the allied bombings of ISIS, Trudeau said he will instead focus on humanitarian work in Syria and Iraq.

In an interview with Global News, Trudeau said that he sees no reason to change this new policy towards ISIS and the threat of Islamic terror, even if a terror attack similar to the one in Paris were carried out on Canadian soil.

Trudeau, who as Prime Minister receives daily briefings on matters of national security, said that “it is no surprise that there are angry extremists and terrorists out there who wish Canadians and Canada harm and countries like it around the world. The key on understanding that, is how we let that affect us.”

[...]Trudeau argued that the greatest threat to ISIS is a tremendously open and diverse society in which Muslims and other minorities are fully integrated into mainstream secular society, and that compatibility between extraordinary diversity and a successfully safe society is Canada’s greatest strength and that that is what needs to be highlighted.

“Canada is committed to having a military engagement in the fight against ISIL (ISIS) but in a helpful and substantive way. We have made the decision that we will pull out the CF-18’s and ending the bombings that Canada has been involved in, and we will be doing something else.”

Trudeau said that Canada's efforts in the fight against ISIS will be in helping people "get their homes back."

He added that he will not allow Canada to "live in fear," presumably by making sure his people's heads remain buried in the sand.

Source: Canadian PM Trudeau: We Won't Attack ISIS Even if Bombed | Truth Revolt

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Re: Canadian PM Trudeau: We Won't Attack ISIS Even if Bombed

i thought russia was looking after all the air attacks,and everything else between right now,
canadians are peacekeepers.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

i thought russia was looking after all the air attacks,and everything else between right now,

Yeah, well that's because we don't have a real military. Living in the shadow of the USA.

51st Staters. They should just roll over and take us over already.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X_9au28_9M

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc

Be critical if you will but there was a time in this fair land
when America was just like this. When was that you ask?
During WWII America sat on the sidelines while Britains
France, and even Canada did the heavy lifting from thirty
nine through forty one. Look at some history books south
of the border they say the war was 42 to 45 because they
were not there. hell everyone else was.
Canada should be there and I don't disagree with that I
think Trudeau is wrong on this but and here is the but he is
right when he says we should not subscribe to fear.
If attacked we should make the appropriate response
When this thing is over the old rule will apply that rule is
It is not who makes the war it who makes the peace that counts

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

"Former head of US special forces admits: Islamic State would not exist if Bush didn’t invade Iraq...

...Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn told the German newspaper Der Spiegel that Americans allowed their anger of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks to lead them into disastrous military policies that failed to address the root causes of terrorism — and actually helped create new and more brutal terrorists.

The misunderstanding was so great that Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who now heads ISIS, was freed in 2004 from a military prison after a U.S. military commission cleared him as harmless."
Former head of US special forces admits: Islamic State would not exist if Bush didn’t invade Iraq

Oddly just like all these other terrorists declared off limits whenever anyone tries to do something about them:
its always HANDS OFF

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.

Yeah, well that's because we don't have a real military. Living in the shadow of the USA.

Big Boy,
a little bit on social ethics,
what a disrespectful Canadian to state we "don't have a real military",you have slighted every Canadian serviceperson who has served.
if you knew anything about intelligence,the Americans depend on Canada's identity seperate from theirs,do your homework.
they are not interested in making "us"one,as Canadians are not into becoming one with USa.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun

Personal touch is right. Aside from our ****ty equipment we have quite capable individuals. We are after all one of the most educated countries on earth. Like I'm a troll and I slaughter people with words, imagine what I could do with a gun

im also going to add. I like most Canadians outside of the major cities have been capable with a rifle since i was knee high to a duck, which should say something.

Last edited:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

Hey F_khead, you can go on your little racist rants, but get your facts straight.

Our military has been a full partner since the Afghan war started and was spilling blood even after George W Bush decided to abandon the Nato mission in Afghanistan to chase bullsh!t in Iraq.

My Son and Nephew served in that war. My son has handled more dead and injured soldiers than I care to mention. My nephew picked up parts of his best friend and went out the next day to bring the fight.

Just two weeks ago, I sat with one of the boys I trained, he lost half his f_cking hand in a firefight over there. Was there when his commanding officer was blown away and pretty much saved everyone in the OP.

Through my own career, I lost some people who I trained and proudly served with. One weekend I buried two of my own men.

Do you have any idea what it is like to look into a six year old child's face knowing that her Daddy is never coming back?

Ever sat with a brother who is also a comrade and friend and gave comfort after giving him the hardest news you ever had to give?

My guess is not.

So st_ck your "we don't have a real military" comment straight up your f_cking a$$ and then shove them right back in your head where it can cozy up to the the rest of the stupid.

You don't like being Canadian? F_cking move.

We don't need your racist sh!t or ill informed crap.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

Might have been true years back but today the Canadian loyalists have awaken and with the recent war dead that Canada suffered in the middle east and more people from this country wanting to know their history and proud of their flag. If the terrorists increase their activities in this country then the federal government will act to protect their citizens like Trudeau's father did. Justin is a strategic boxer and will act accordingly

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

If the terrorists increase their activities in this country then the federal government will act to protect their citizens like Trudeau's father did. Justin is a strategic boxer and will act accordingly

You want to wait for an attack and then respond by doing even more nothing? Will family and friends of those dead and wounded be glad nothing was done to prevent an attack?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Our military has been a full partner since the Afghan war started and was spilling blood even after George W Bush decided to abandon the Nato mission in Afghanistan to chase bullsh!t in Iraq.

My Son and Nephew served in that war. My son has handled more dead and injured soldiers than I care to mention. My nephew picked up parts of his best friend and went out the next day to bring the fight.

Do you really want to call the US and Canada's occupation of Afghanistan or Iraq a "war?"

Be serious..

WWI & WWII, that was a war.. and Canadians were a different bread back then.. they didn't live off the government like they do now, and expect the government to run their lives.

NO, we don't have a military really worth mentioning... if we had to go to battle against Iran, or some of these other banana republics on our own... without the aid of the USA, Britain we would be finished.

Last edited:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

The Harper CONS had 10 years to properly fund the Military and chose not to do so.......

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Canada's military consist of...
Army - 100 Mounties
Navy - 30 kayaks & 20 beavers
Air Force - 50 flying squirrels

:lol:

The Harper CONS had 10 years to properly fund the Military and chose not to do so.......

Yup and now we have an Obama in power, another appeaser.

ISIS could take out the Canadian military...

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

that's because you're stupid.

Canadian jets continue to bomb Islamic State after Trudeau win - The Globe and Mail

Canadian CF-18s ramp up air strikes against ISIS | hilltimes.com

read more, lurk more.

you're beginning to take on an anti-Canadian flossy-like persona kid.

Hey F_khead, you can go on your little racist rants, but get your facts straight.

Just two weeks ago, I sat with one of the boys I trained, he lost half his f_cking hand in a firefight over there. Was there when his commanding officer was blown away and pretty much saved everyone in the OP.

Through my own career, I lost some people who I trained and proudly served with. One weekend I buried two of my own men.

Do you have any idea what it is like to look into a six year old child's face knowing that her Daddy is never coming back?

Ever sat with a brother who is also a comrade and friend and gave comfort after giving him the hardest news you ever had to give?

My guess is not.

So st_ck your "we don't have a real military" comment straight up your f_cking a$$ and then shove them right back in your head where it can cozy up to the the rest of the stupid.

You don't like being Canadian? F_cking move.

We don't need your racist sh!t or ill informed crap.

^what this man said.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

Be critical if you will but there was a time in this fair land
when America was just like this. When was that you ask?
During WWII America sat on the sidelines while Britains
France, and even Canada did the heavy lifting from thirty
nine through forty one.
Unfortunately, after that we got into Winnie and Joe's Excellent Adventure. Shoulda stayed out of it. Never did us any good.

Look at some history books south
of the border they say the war was 42 to 45 because they
were not there. hell everyone else was.
Look at the ones up north. They say the war started on 1 Sep, 1939. The Chinese disagree.

Canada should be there and I don't disagree with that I
think Trudeau is wrong on this but and here is the but he is
right when he says we should not subscribe to fear.
If attacked we should make the appropriate response
When this thing is over the old rule will apply that rule is
It is not who makes the war it who makes the peace that counts
I think we need to knee-jerk attack anybody who can't fight back effectively.

Different matter when they can.