How's this for shiny talk?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Colby Cosh ‏@colbycosh

Colby Cosh Retweeted The Globe and Mail
In a remarkable first, an accredited “media innovator” has accomplished something truly novel in the field of spin.

The Globe and Mail Verified account ‏@globeandmail

Liberal MP Seamus O’Regan checks into wellness program seeking ‘alcohol free lifestyle’

Liberal MP Seamus O’Regan checks into wellness program seeking ‘alcohol free lifestyle’ - The Globe and Mail

aka: buddy is a run of the mill degenerate goddamn drunk and needs help like most to sober the fukk up.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Colby Cosh ‏@colbycosh

Colby Cosh Retweeted The Globe and Mail
In a remarkable first, an accredited “media innovator” has accomplished something truly novel in the field of spin.

The Globe and Mail Verified account ‏@globeandmail

Liberal MP Seamus O’Regan checks into wellness program seeking ‘alcohol free lifestyle’

Liberal MP Seamus O’Regan checks into wellness program seeking ‘alcohol free lifestyle’ - The Globe and Mail

aka: buddy is a run of the mill degenerate goddamn drunk and needs help like most to sober the fukk up.

and your point is........ besides the one on your head.

Nice to see he has recognized his problem and is seeking help.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
heh...even you can't be that stupid or naive gerry. you know exactly what the media is (not) doing with this one.

Dean Skoreyko ‏@bcbluecon 56m56 minutes ago Another Liberal MP checks himself into rehab and everyone is supposed to respect him, Rob Ford had his medical files leaked to the media

DeMarcus Frunk ‏@DFrunk 1m1 minute ago
@bcbluecon @MikeHansen613 Remember, Smitherman admitting to "party drug" use resulted in a big fat yawn from the #onpoli media.

Dean Skoreyko ‏@bcbluecon

Dean Skoreyko Retweeted DeMarcus Frunk
Liberal Kinsella offered a bounty for proof of any inebriated CPC politicians https://bcblue.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/suns-kinsella-wants-liberal-staffers-to-record-when-they-spot-a-drunken-or-stoned-conservative-parliamentarian/ …

Lyndia Edwards ‏@LyndaE222 @bcbluecon Blair spent $2M following Rob Ford with no charges, no apologies.

How much was spent following Jack Layton when he was going to whoarhouses?

anyway, sunnyways kids. the newways. :lol:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
heh...even you can't be that stupid or naive gerry. you know exactly what the media is (not) doing with this one.

Little bit of a difference between Layton going to a rub 'n' tug and this. I can see though, how this hurts you. Poor poor baby. Maybe if you write to the different media outlets and let them know how unfair you think this all is they will change.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
because it's 2016 and seeing as how I gave you too much credit, it lays plain the whole media party hypocrisy angle that progs seem to dig.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
because it's 2016 and seeing as how I gave you too much credit, it lays plain the whole media party hypocrisy angle that progs seem to dig.

The only thing I see, is a whole lotta cons with sour grapes. The Conservatives lost this round. Get over it. Suck it up buttercup.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
The only thing I see, is a whole lotta cons with sour grapes. The Conservatives lost this round. Get over it. Suck it up buttercup.

This guy is in rehab. Will we be paying him or has he stepped down to deal with his personal issues?

I don't care if he's Lib or Con or even a Dipper, if he can't do his job due to addiction he should be replaced by someone who can.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
This guy is in rehab. Will we be paying him or has he stepped down to deal with his personal issues?

I don't care if he's Lib or Con or even a Dipper, if he can't do his job due to addiction he should be replaced by someone who can.

If he isn't back by the time the House sits, then I would say he needs to step down.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Yes I respect him for doing that and I didn't respect Ford you are right.
Ford did what he did to tone down controversy for what he earlier
refused to do get help. Rob Ford was an immature idiot who craved
attention and he got it. He brought a world of negativity to his own door
and then whined about it Rob Ford destroyed himself not the media nor
anyone else.
These guys are doing their duty to do something before they become a
disgrace like Ford was

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.

Dean Skoreyko ‏@bcbluecon 56m56 minutes ago Another Liberal MP checks himself into rehab and everyone is supposed to respect him, Rob Ford had his medical files leaked to the media

DeMarcus Frunk ‏@DFrunk 1m1 minute ago
@bcbluecon @MikeHansen613 Remember, Smitherman admitting to "party drug" use resulted in a big fat yawn from the #onpoli media.

Dean Skoreyko ‏@bcbluecon

Dean Skoreyko Retweeted DeMarcus Frunk
Liberal Kinsella offered a bounty for proof of any inebriated CPC politicians https://bcblue.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/suns-kinsella-wants-liberal-staffers-to-record-when-they-spot-a-drunken-or-stoned-conservative-parliamentarian/ …

Lyndia Edwards ‏@LyndaE222 @bcbluecon Blair spent $2M following Rob Ford with no charges, no apologies.

anyway, sunnyways kids. the newways. :lol:
locutus,you sound like a busy body.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
wellness program seeking ‘alcohol free lifestyle’

if some of you can't recognize this happily regurgitated soft language there's nothing more I can do for you.

anyway, step 4 is gonna be a problem for this dude. he might end up a Con.

also using justin as his higher power might be problematic. ;-)

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I bet there's a sick leave clause!

A member of the House of Commons who is absent for more than twenty-one (21) sitting days in any calendar year has $120, per day, deducted from the member's "sessional allowance" (i.e., the member's annual salary). However, absences due to illness do not count towards that 21-day threshold. Additional, is it possible that leave to treat an addiction, in absence of that period, could trigger coverage under the long-term disability plan available to members through the Public Service Management Insurance Plan (this is possible, but by no means explicit).

Source: Members' Salary & Benefits Handbook (House of Commons Administration)