Ontario wants you to donate your next tax rebate

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
to help pay down the debt

Residents of Ontario: The provincial government needs your help.

See, the province has a little problem, something about a debt of $298.9 billion.

And sadly, it has no plan to pay it down. You don’t just happen upon $300 billion unless your name is Zuckerberg.

So the Ontario government is hoping you’ll write them a little cheque, or agree to click the little box on your tax form donating your next tax rebate to the province.

You probably don’t need that money anyway, right?

“It’s an unusual thing for someone to do, but I would encourage any Ontarian who wants to make a contribution feel free to do so,” Deb Matthews, chair of the government’s treasury board, told The Toronto Star this weekend.

Your taxes are clearly too low, or we’d be making some headway in terms of the debt or even this year’s $7.5 billion deficit. You didn’t receive a bill for the $21,000 every man, woman and child in Ontario owes, did you?

And that 70 per cent increase in your hydro bills between 2006 and 2014? Yeah, thanks for that. But it’s a drop in the bucket compared to the $133 billion you’ll owe by 2032 for the energy decisions the government has already made.

more on

Ontario wants you to donate your next tax rebate to help pay down the debt - CityNews

and still, the entitled mouthbreathers will love these progs.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Ontario dug its hole. I already paid my share in that "smooth and seamless" gap between Voc Rehab and ODSP - following the disabling on-the-job accident while in the employ of this Province of Opportunists. Ontario can find a legal way to fill its hole.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I'd love to help out, but well you know. Charity begins at home.

Too bad no one ever told that to trudOwe.

Ontario dug its hole. I already paid my share in that "smooth and seamless" gap between Voc Rehab and ODSP - following the disabling on-the-job accident while in the employ of this Province of Opportunists. Ontario can find a legal way to fill its hole.

I gather cutting spending is not an option?

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
Well Ontario Hydro tacked 'debt repayment' onto our hydro bills and got away with it. So the Government is going to pull the same scam!
I understand there is already over 2 billion in the 'debt repayment fund that has been donated by well-meaning suckers. It hasn't been used to pay down the debt and I doubt it ever will be. Want to bet it will sit there and grow until the government decides to spend it on some other hair brained thing?
McGuinty and Wynne should be the ones contributing their ill gotten gains to pay down the debt. They are the ones who have run up the debt with their E-health scam, cancelled power plant contract, millions to fund the Olympics, to name a few.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
If you are getting a refund it means the government overtaxed you in the first place.
they used the money they collected during the year and got whatever interest they
could an now will complete the circle of giving it back and taxing it again and so on
the game goes. Be damned if I would give them a dime

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Your taxes are clearly too low, or we’d be making some headway in terms of the debt or even this year’s $7.5 billion deficit. You didn’t receive a bill for the $21,000 every man, woman and child in Ontario owes, did you?
Spending $2.5 billion on some idiotic, third rate, drug riddled athletics competition in the GTA sure didn't help the bottom line.

Maybe if the Ontario Libtards quit pissing away billions of dollars on a bunch of nothing and actually got some value for our dollar it would help things too.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
No. It's not like the majority of Ontario outside of Toronto can find it in their already thin pockets to help out the same government that blundered the ring of fire development (just one issue of many). We're still waiting for the entire liberal government to be charged in full not just a few aides. I'll donate my tax rebate to see those idiots in jail lol

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
No. It's not like the majority of Ontario outside of Toronto can find it in their already thin pockets to help out the same government that blundered the ring of fire development (just one issue of many). We're still waiting for the entire liberal government to be charged in full not just a few aides. I'll donate my tax rebate to see those idiots in jail lol

I'd send back a few of my "lesser taxed" Alberta dollars to see that happen.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
$300B in debt, lies, criminality, corruption, waste, ineptitude.

I can see why the Fluffers love them so much, they got another one for Ottawa, lol.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Ontario wants you to donate your next tax return to pay down debt.

Folks, you couldn't make something this ridiculous up if we fukking tried.

Everyone who voted liberal should donate their returns and while they're at it they can each also support a refugee...

Mental Floss, you going to donate?

source: Ontario wants you to donate your next tax rebate to help pay down the debt - CityNews

Last edited:

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Re: Ontario wants you to donate your next tax return to pay down debt.

April Fools ... uh, wait a minute - wrong month - uh seriously?? OMG!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Re: Ontario wants you to donate your next tax return to pay down debt.

I hear Bombardier is looking for help too.

My my, how do we prioritize?