John McCallum makes surprise visit to Syrian refugee camps in Lebanon

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
John McCallum makes surprise visit to Syrian refugee camps in Lebanon

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Minister John McCallum made an unannounced visit on Friday to a refugee camp in the town of Ghaziyeh in southern Lebanon near the port city of Sidon.

"I wanted to see the refugees with my own eyes, talk to them, welcome them in advance to Canada," McCallum said in Lebanon. "I also wanted to make sure we are on track to bring the number of people we want to bring, by the time we want to bring them."

This was McCallum's first visit to Lebanon as Canada intensifies efforts to resettle 10,000 Syrian refugees by year's end. Approximately 1,200 refugees have arrived in the country since Nov. 4., according to the most recent figures posted on the government of Canada website.

In a written statement issued after his visit, McCallum said "the work being done on the ground here in Lebanon by Canadians and others is enormous."

"We are making a very real difference in the lives of so many Syrian refugees who have gone through such hardship. Those who come to Canada can expect a warm welcome and an opportunity to be successful in their new home," said McCallum in a written statement Friday afternoon.

John McCallum makes surprise visit to Syrian refugee camps in Lebanon - Politics - CBC News

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So basically nobody in Syria is taking his calls anymore. Had he gone earlier I'm sure he could have found a local solution to the refugee issue.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
So basically nobody in Syria is taking his calls anymore. Had he gone earlier I'm sure he could have found a local solution to the refugee issue.

WTF are you talking about? Is it possible for your comments to make sense and without rambling.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
It would have been much easier to build them a new home over there where they know each other and already speak a common language.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I hope this frees up more of Hezbollah's resources so they can be directed at killing ISholes.

I wonder what Hezbollah was rewarded with from the GoC for their noble efforts?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I hope this frees up more of Hezbollah's resources so they can be directed at killing ISholes.

I wonder what Hezbollah was rewarded with from the GoC for their noble efforts?

It's nice that we are taking in the Christian Syrians rescued by Hezbollah and cared for by Red Crescent. We need more Muzzie haters.

UNHCR - Refugees Daily

Are the Libtards Assad backers?

Glacier

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2015
Okanagan

Here's one solution. Bomb the crap out of ISIS. 1 million Syrians have gone home because Russia has done that, and for less money than 1.2 billion. In other words, Russia's bombing campaign has done 40 times more good than Canada's 1.2 billion dollar refugee pledge.