Justin Trudeau, Are you a LIBERAL?

canuck50

Nov 11, 2011
Beside Ron in Regina
I have found this, and quite frankly wonder why we as CANADIANS are bowing to demands of immigrants??

Wildred Laurier 1907 Speech

I think this is is something that needs to be forwarded until everyCanadian with a computer receives it. The year is 1907, one hundred and eight years ago.

Wilfrid Laurier's ideas on Immigrants and being a Canadian in 1907.

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes a Canadian and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet a Canadian, and nothing but a Canadian.

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is a Canadian, but something else also, isn't a Canadian at all. We have room for but one flag, the Canadian flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the Canadian people.'

Wilfrid Laurier 1907

Every Canadian citizen needs to read this!

Lets look at where we are, what we are doing and why we are bowing to demands of people that come here from other countries. I feel its about time that these people that insist on our country changing to suit them need to GTFO!!!!!!!! Its really starting to infuriate me that because I don't feel that muslims, hindus, sihks, etc figure that their beliefs should be protected more than mine. The CHRISTIAN VALUES that this country was built on. Mr. Trudeau, Take a good look, this came from one of the earliest Prime Ministers of our country and a true statesman that felt the same way I do. Here we are, opening our country and our borders to be the saviour of people that are suffering in other countries. But..... If you come here, you denounce islam, you denounce the beliefs of islam, you assimilate to CANADIAN beliefs. Its really starting to drive me insane that I have to listen to what these people coming here expect us to do for them. I'm sure if we went to the countries they are coming from and demand what has been just handed over here.... we would be executed. You choose to come to a country built on Christian beliefs but then you insist that its not right to have to conform and assimilate to that kind of life. That door you used to enter this country swings both ways. If you don't like it. GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I have found this, and quite frankly wonder why we as CANADIANS are bowing to demands of immigrants??

I think this is is something that needs to be forwarded until everyCanadian with a computer receives it. The year is 1907, one hundred and eight years ago.

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes a Canadian and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet a Canadian, and nothing but a Canadian.

There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is a Canadian, but something else also, isn't a Canadian at all. We have room for but one flag, the Canadian flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language. And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the Canadian people.'

Wilfrid Laurier 1907

Lets look at where we are, what we are doing and why we are bowing to demands of people that come here from other countries. I feel its about time that these people that insist on our country changing to suit them need to GTFO!!!!!!!! Its really starting to infuriate me that because I don't feel that muslims, hindus, sihks, etc figure that their beliefs should be protected more than mine. The CHRISTIAN VALUES that this country was built on. Mr. Trudeau, Take a good look, this came from one of the earliest Prime Ministers of our country and a true statesman that felt the same way I do. Here we are, opening our country and our borders to be the saviour of people that are suffering in other countries. But..... If you come here, you denounce islam, you denounce the beliefs of islam, you assimilate to CANADIAN beliefs. Its really starting to drive me insane that I have to listen to what these people coming here expect us to do for them. I'm sure if we went to the countries they are coming from and demand what has been just handed over here.... we would be executed. You choose to come to a country built on Christian beliefs but then you insist that its not right to have to conform and assimilate to that kind of life. That door you used to enter this country swings both ways. If you don't like it. GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Dear fellow Canuck, keep this in mind. Unless you are an aboriginal, you are a descendant of immigrants as well. Immigrants who shoved their Christian beliefs down the throats of a simple people, while they broke up families and physically abused, raped, and even murdered indigenous children. Why, because they were considered savages and treated as sub-human, by self proclaimed Christians.

If that was what this country was founded on, then Christian beliefs must mean oppression, pedophilia, murder and holier than thou arrogance.

While some might want to return to an era of such; I do not.

I was born here. Raised in a Christian household and my Grandparents came over on boat over a hundred years ago. My family has fought for this Country in five wars. So, as a fellow Canadian, keep your Christian Beliefs to yourself where they belong.

Here is a quote from your personal savior:

His skin looks a little white and hair a tad blonde for a man from the Middle-East, or maybe this is just Clapton.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton

Wilfrid Laurier 1907

I am afraid I missed the part where Laurier said that there is only one religion. Apparently he was aware, as you are not, that even in 1907 not every Canadian had the same religious beliefs. You are also seem to be completely unaware that the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees freedom of belief or non-belief. Muslims that come to Canada are in fact practicing Canadian beliefs as outlined in the Charter. It is you who are not.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Dear fellow Canuck, keep this in mind. Unless you are an aboriginal, you are a descendant of immigrants as well. Immigrants who shoved their Christian beliefs down the throats of a simple people, while they broke up families and physically abused, raped, and even murdered indigenous children. Why, because they were considered savages and treated as sub-human, by self proclaimed Christians.

If that was what this country was founded on, then Christian beliefs must mean oppression, pedophilia, murder and holier than thou arrogance.

While some might want to return to an era of such; I do not.

I was born here. Raised in a Christian household and my Grandparents came over on boat over a hundred years ago. My family has fought for this Country in five wars. So, as a fellow Canadian, keep your Christian Beliefs to yourself where they belong.

Here is a quote from your personal savior:

His skin looks a little white and hair a tad blonde for a man from the Middle-East, or maybe this is just Clapton.

We have yet to come to terms with our own fascist past.

canuck50

Nov 11, 2011
Beside Ron in Regina
I'm not saying not to practice your religion. But if we can not say the Lord's Prayer in a school... Then why the hell are our children forced to have to listen to rhetoric about Muslims. Feel free to practice your RELIGION. But don't expect me to like it. Where in our National Anthem does it say Allah keep our land glorious and free? Or does it say Buddah keep our land glorious and free? No it clearly says GOD KEEP OUR LAND GLORIOUS AND FREE. If you are going to swear an oath of allegiance to Canada, how does an Israeli get to recant the part where it refers to the Queen? Lets just say if that be the case... Why the hell did I serve 15 years in the military? Sorry guys just my thoughts

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I am afraid I missed the part where Laurier said that there is only one religion. Apparently he was aware, as you are not, that even in 1907 not every Canadian had the same religious beliefs. You are also seem to be completely unaware that the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees freedom of belief or non-belief. Muslims that come to Canada are in fact practicing Canadian beliefs as outlined in the Charter. It is you who are not.
Right. Unfortunately there are pinheads in this country who have essentially extended that religious protection to mean freedom from criticism as well. In fact, Islam is the ONLY opinion that has that special protection. And I call Islam an opinion because like every other religion, religious belief is just another term for personal opinion.
Do any of your personal opinions have special Charter protection from criticism? Does your political belief system have special Charter protection from criticism? Does Christianity have special Charter protection from criticism?
No? Then why does Islam?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I'm not saying not to practice your religion. But if we can not say the Lord's Prayer in a school... Then why the hell are our children forced to have to listen to rhetoric about Muslims. Feel free to practice your RELIGION. But don't expect me to like it. Where in our National Anthem does it say Allah keep our land glorious and free? Or does it say Buddah keep our land glorious and free? No it clearly says GOD KEEP OUR LAND GLORIOUS AND FREE. If you are going to swear an oath of allegiance to Canada, how does an Israeli get to recant the part where it refers to the Queen? Lets just say if that be the case... Why the hell did I serve 15 years in the military? Sorry guys just my thoughts

Are you on medication?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Right. Unfortunately there are pinheads in this country who have essentially extended that religious protection to mean freedom from criticism as well. In fact, Islam is the ONLY opinion that has that special protection. And I call Islam an opinion because like every other religion, religious belief is just another term for personal opinion.
Do any of your personal opinions have special Charter protection from criticism? Does your political belief system have special Charter protection from criticism? Does Christianity have special Charter protection from criticism?
No? Then why does Islam?

Because they demand it, or they will terrorize us if we don't .

That's why. Duh!

Liberal logic.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I'm pretty sure that if some people here were around a couple thousand years ago, they'd round up Joseph and Mary and have them imprisoned or deported.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
What does it matter what immigrants of the past came to Canada, where they were from or what their beliefs were? Today is what matters and here's how it is today.
Canada is the country everybody around the world or all faiths want to live in. It was made a desirable place to live by those early immigrants. So now that it is as good as it gets, the important thing is to keep it that way.
Sure, everyone is welcome regardless of race, culture or religion but only as long as they don't tinker with the things that have made Canada a good place to be.
It's only common sense to get rid of people who plot against our society and come here for the purpose of killing us. If we welcome people with traitorous intentions and allow them to remain here Canada won't stay a good place to be.
Can't we be accepting and tolerant and still apply common sense?
I don't think there's anything wrong with revoking citizenship and deporting any refugee/immigrant who goes afoul of our laws and presents danger to our peaceful way of life.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
What does it matter what immigrants of the past came to Canada, where they were from or what their beliefs were? Today is what matters and here's how it is today.
Canada is the country everybody around the world or all faiths want to live in. It was made a desirable place to live by those early immigrants. So now that it is as good as it gets, the important thing is to keep it that way.
Sure, everyone is welcome regardless of race, culture or religion but only as long as they don't tinker with the things that have made Canada a good place to be.
It's only common sense to get rid of people who plot against our society and come here for the purpose of killing us. If we welcome people with traitorous intentions and allow them to remain here Canada won't stay a good place to be.
I don't think there's anything wrong with revoking citizenship and deporting any refugee/immigrant who goes afoul of our laws and presents danger to our peaceful way of life.

Stop being discriminating towards people that hate you, they are allowed to want to kills us. It's their right.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

So, just out of curiosity, what are the things that made Canada a good place to be?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
So, just out of curiosity, what are the things that made Canada a good place to be?

Well, me for starters. My Canadian dna is far more kinder then the DNA of the rest of the planet.

Our harts have much more loving between each pounding.

Our goodness reaches yoda'desque proportions.

Glacier

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2015
Okanagan
Uncle Pat explains the difference between a liberal and a progressive (I hope Trudeau is the former)...

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario

If you live in Canada and you don't know what makes it a good place to live any explanation would be lost on you.
All I can say is, try living in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Libya, China, Haiti or dozens of other countries and you'll find out in a hurry.