Montreal police arrest man in mask who vowed to kill Muslims in Quebec

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
So they caught Boomer in Toronto, but who lives in Montreal that's from CanCon?

Montreal police arrest man in mask who vowed to kill Muslims in Quebec

Montreal police have made an arrest in the case of a video threatening Muslim people in Quebec.

The video showed a man in a "Joker"-type mask, threatening the death of one Arab per week in the province.

Const. André Leclerc said the man is in custody and meeting with investigators.

It is not yet clear what charges may be laid.

Montreal police arrest man in mask who vowed to kill Muslims in Quebec - Montreal - CBC News

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If any.

I'm not totally up on Canadian law on threats, and I'm not even gonna touch your "hate speech" horsesh*t, but under U.S. and general Anglo common law, a threat must be:

1. Unconditional (i.e., it must be "I'm going to kill you," not "I'm going to kill you IF. . . (whatever)."

2. Directed at a specific person or small group, as opposed to a general class.

3. Reasonably credible. "I've got a tiny nuclear bomb in my pocket and I'm going to blow it up" is not credible, just crazy.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
This is pretty much the kind of **** that terrorists live (and die) for.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I would think Muslims in Quebec would have a hard time assimilating. Quebekers are quite xenophobic. They don't even like Canadians from other Provinces unless they speak the French Canadian lingo.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I would think Muslims in Quebec would have a hard time assimilating. Quebekers are quite xenophobic. They don't even like Canadians from other Provinces unless they speak the French Canadian lingo.

Which is kinda fair, because I've noticed on this board a good few English Canadians who don't like the Quebecois just for being Quebecois.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
It's strange to see how the muslim community doesn't seem to be too interested in integrating.....
This afternoon at coffee at McDonalds', I noticed a few Middle Eastern looking people sitting together at a table....away from other people
And I was thinking Here I am, a frenchman ☺ well that's what the Polock sitting across from me, calls me... an englishman...(not at all like Blackie) sitting besides me, and a Dutchman sitting across from him....all fully integrated and insulting each other, if anyone was listening to us...but all friends ready to help each other if the need ever arose....