Prime Minister announces infrastructure funding for Indonesia

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Ridiculous. I could see giving money to the poorest country but Indonesia does not qualify as the poorest country by a long shot.

If we want to help Indonesia, how about a common labour market agreement, common educational standards for trades and professions, free trade. That would be mutually beneficial. But how does throwing money at a country that doesn't need the money help anyone?

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
to assist Indonesia in preparing the legal and regulatory groundwork required for critical public-private partnership (P3) infrastructure projects. This includes the establishment and operationalization of a P3 Centre in Indonesia
Paving the way (pun intended) for Evil Corp Canada LLC

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I see they got his name right on the banners behind him.

Maybe the plan is to make Canada a third world country so as to receive World Bank bailout cash.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Now if i'm wrong and Indonesia really is poor enough to warrant such financial assistance, then why not accompany such assistance with a common labour agreement and common educational standards for trades and professions? Who says that we must choose between giving only financial or non-financial assistance but not both? To give them money but then not open ourselves to trade with them is like giVing a kid a bike but not teaching him how to ride it.