Suddenly, Conservatives support indigenous women's inquiry

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
All that fighting by the conbots and curmudgeons about how this was a complete waste of time.

What's next? Conservatives will support the long form census? .... Oh wait.

Anyway, we haven't even been through the first week and we already have a substantial portion of Harper's last decade of policy being thrown in the trash in favour of social progressivism.

So good.

Rona Ambrose will support inquiry into missing, murdered indigenous women

The Conservatives will support a public inquiry into missing and murdered indigenous women, says interim leader Rona Ambrose.

Her comments mark a stunning reversal of the position taken by the Conservatives under Stephen Harper, who repeatedly rebuffed growing calls for a national inquiry, saying the government action on crime precluded the need for further studies.

"If the Liberal government wants to do an inquiry, and they think that's an important thing to do, I will support it," said Ambrose during an interview on CBC News Network's Power & Politics.

..more..

Rona Ambrose will support inquiry into missing, murdered indigenous women - Politics - CBC News

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'm sure the news coming out of Val-d'Or has made it next to impossible to ignore an inquiry. Now we must contend with the very real possibility that police officers themselves might be responsible for many of these deaths.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Rona Ambrose will support inquiry into missing, murdered indigenous women.

Holly Shjt and inquiry, woppie ding dong.. they catch the guy that did it??

Fukk off.

This will be news and good news when they arrest somebody for the murders.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Rona Ambrose will support inquiry into missing, murdered indigenous women.

Holly Shjt and inquiry, woppie ding dong.. they catch the guy that did it??

Fukk off.

This will be news and good news when they arrest somebody for the murders.

It will be politically incorrect to arrest the actual guilty parties.

It's a strategically brilliant move. The existence of an inquiry and the costs associated are now clearly in the bucket of the new Liberal government and even the choice to have one. Justine got in partly on his support for the native community. Now he gets a test of that support.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Meanwhile in Quebec, the Montreal branch of the SQ is investigating the Val-d'Or branch. I guess it's better than the Val-d'Or branch investigating itself, but a civilian investigation would still be better to avoid any possibility of bias in favour of the accused police officers.

And of these things were going on there, then what about police officers in the rest of Canada?

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I was referring to her pitiful performance so far.

She barely answers questions and I doubt the conbots actually support this.

They are just a weak sauce opposition.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I was referring to her pitiful performance so far.

She barely answers questions and I doubt the conbots actually support this.

They are just a weak sauce opposition.

So you are upset she is supporting an inquiry? This was Justine's position before he came into government wasn't it? I know you were all on Harper for not having one. You should be ecstatic that now Justine can have one now that he is in power. The support of the opposition leader should be making you happy. Or could it be that when Justine does not have the inquiry, now he will look like a hypocrite?

(And as an NDP supporter shouldn't that also be making you happy?)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
All the hoping it's f-ckin whitie is going to come crashing down. Then what?

Support from Cons? Why wouldn't they encouage a Lib failure in he making?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I'm sure the news coming out of Val-d'Or has made it next to impossible to ignore an inquiry. Now we must contend with the very real possibility that police officers themselves might be responsible for many of these deaths.

I don't think anybody involved knows what is causing it. That would be my guess as to why they keep trying. By knowing, parties involved have to have quantifiable data.

I was under the impression the currently requested inquest is going to cover women from ACROSS Canada. There have been some very damning stuff coming from Newfoundland and Quebec lately.

The numbers of those involved seems too high when combined with other ethnic groups in Canada. It could very well means something. But we don't know the whys or the whats' of it and so can't quantify anything about it. Yet.

They'll find the samething the RCMP found in 2012. It's not f-cken whitie.

I don't think anybody really thinks it's 1 thing disappearing these women or teenagers etc. Some of these women are actually teenagers.

And the inquests that have already taken place mean nothing.

But you're getting value for your money, lol.

Why have earlier inquests "meant nothing". Where they really just fluff to cover the publics eyes so we'd think they cared?

We do need to KNOW what IS going on across Canada. There is still some bad stuff going on and we should learn what that is. Who's involved. Why it's happening.

These women are someones mother, daughter, sister, aunt and it's STILL going on. I suspect it's right hideous the sh!te that's going on. We can't expect people to function in society if their personal life is full of stuff that we know causes PTSD in the rest of the population, including the professionally trained population.

Glacier

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2015
Okanagan
This is nothing new. Things change with new leadership. It's like when Scott Brison and Balinda Stronach suddenly reversed their opinions 180 degrees as soon as they crossed the floor.