Liberals get more than 11,000 job applications

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Liberals get more than 11,000 job applications

Canadians voted in droves for the Liberal Party and now they want to work for the new federal government.

On Friday night, the party put out a call on the web and social media looking to hire a diverse team of passionate and hard-working people.

Within 12 hours, more than 3,000 people had uploaded their resumes. By this afternoon, more than 11,000 had applied and most had also submitted detailed cover letters.

Liberal Party spokesman Olivier Duchesneau said so far the submissions are impressive. They include several Rhodes scholars and more than 1,500 applicants speak three or more languages.

"Mr. Trudeau has said his government will be the government of all Canadians. You know it's an example of how we want to do things. We're doing things differently, we want to be open and we want all Canadians to be engaged and participate," Duchesneau said.

Liberals get more than 11,000 job applications - Politics - CBC News

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
If I was bilingual I might have given it a shot. The odds of getting any government job in Ottawa without being bilingual are next to nothing. I couldnt even get a job raking leaves for the municipal government here because of that. I s*it you not.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If I was bilingual I might have given it a shot. The odds of getting any government job in Ottawa without being bilingual are next to nothing. I couldnt even get a job raking leaves for the municipal government here because of that. I s*it you not.

Actually you don't have to be bilingual, just speak French.