Carbon pricing won't mess up Canada's economy: experts

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Carbon pricing won't mess up Canada's economy: experts

Provincial carbon pricing programs can both slash emissions and drive economic growth towards a greener future if managed correctly, according to experts. Despite some federal Conservatives' social media posts claiming that a carbon tax would have negative impact, carbon pricing plans would have little impact on the economy in the short term and positive effects in the longer term, according to experts.

“B.C has shown that you’re not going to hurt the economy if you move ahead with this policy and do it right,” said Dale Beugin, research director at Canada's Ecofiscal Commission.

more

Carbon pricing won't mess up Canada's economy: experts | National Observer

Last edited by a moderator:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
“B.C has shown that you’re not going to hurt the economy if you move ahead with this policy and do it right
People buying fuel in Washington and the loss of tourism does nothing for reducing emissions. Nice eco-lie.

Like white lies, green lies are okay?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yeah and you're 'borderline communist' lol
What does my political persuasion have to do with proving your little story wrong?

I love how you admit that by your metric, to be left means to give up logic, deductive reasoning, commonsense, critical thought, though. lol. Thanks for that.

carbon taxes are a scam on the weak minded.
I'm just going to leave this right here.