Vegans Getting Up in Folks Grills

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'd love to hear their reaction to studies that have shown that plants appear to feel pain and that some plants have actually moved away from cutting implements to avoid being cut. They going to stop eating plants too?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Maybe their parents took too many drugs prior to pregnancy. Gotta be it too many bad drugs. Or maybe the water in Toronto is tainted.

Meat is natures way of processing something inedible into food.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Too many gas fumes? One of them included some magic shroom or crack dust in the brownies?
The waiter should have said something like, "No, we do not have dog meat, but we have a special menu that includes human meat. We get the body parts from the hospital." Or, "Killing is killing. Go eat a rock or a stump".

They could have annoyed people from outside the restaurant.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You F*ing azzholes.... Chickens are sentient beings that like corn and hugs.

Carnivorous pigs.

Too many gas fumes? One of them included some magic shroom or crack dust in the brownies?
The waiter should have said something like, "No, we do not have dog meat, but we have a special menu that includes human meat. We get the body parts from the hospital." Or, "Killing is killing. Go eat a rock or a stump".

I liked the hostess's grin as she starts catching on what they are doing.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Maybe their parents took too many drugs prior to pregnancy. Gotta be it too many bad drugs. Or maybe the water in Toronto is tainted.

Meat is natures way of processing something inedible into food.

OR maybe they're vegan diet has not provided the necessary nutrients for their bodies (including the brain) and from such poor nutrition, they are unable to think clearly. A child that does not receive the proper nutrition growing up is unable to perform like a child that has. The long term effects of this can be generational. It's all well and good to eat vegetarian here and there or even vegan foods here and there. But to live only on such a restricted diet as veganism...can't be good long term.

I think there is a big of a disconnect. You can eat meat AND still love animals and want the best for them. But you can't have a gazillion male goats, cows, pigs, etc around the farm. You've got to manage them somehow. And why let a perfectly good laying hen that's no longer able to lay just rot in the ground?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
OR maybe they're vegan diet has not provided the necessary nutrients for their bodies (including the brain) and from such poor nutrition, they are unable to think clearly. A child that does not receive the proper nutrition growing up is unable to perform like a child that has. The long term effects of this can be generational. It's all well and good to eat vegetarian here and there or even vegan foods here and there. But to live only on such a restricted diet as veganism...can't be good long term.

I think there is a big of a disconnect. You can eat meat AND still love animals and want the best for them. But you can't have a gazillion male goats, cows, pigs, etc around the farm. You've got to manage them somehow. And why let a perfectly good laying hen that's no longer able to lay just rot in the ground?
Yeah. I think the whole idea is just to respect food not glorify what food comes from. The freaks make it a religion. I grow most of our food here so I have a lot of respect for what it is, it comes from life. I am pretty sure that people that grow nothing, have so little respect for what they eat, they may not even think about it. I am also sure, this is why people waste so much food.

vegans

live long and parsnip

;)
hehehe