Obama-Clinton organizer says Mulcair best bet to defeat Harper

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Jeremy Bird was President Obama’s national field director in 2012, helping to identify and motivate individual voters at the grassroots level. More recently, he was one of the figures inside the political action committee promoting Clinton as a presidential candidate.

He’s now well acquainted with Canadian politics, and speaks with ease about regional support levels, vote splits and party records.

“A lot of what you see from the Conservative policies of the Harper government are a lot like the rhetoric we’re hearing from the Republican Party primaries: economic policies to help the rich get richer at the expense of the middle class, a budget that’s only balanced on the back of working class families ... denials of climate change,” Bird said in an interview from Washington, D.C.

“Fortunately, we share democratic values with the NDP, and I think climate change is just one example of that.”

Obama-Clinton organizer says Mulcair best bet to defeat Harper | Toronto Star

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
“Fortunately, we share democratic values with the NDP, and I think climate change is just one example of that.” Mr Bird is obviously exhibitib

How come I don't get that feelin from Muclaire? Mr Bird is obviously exhibiting some sort of affection for the Lefttards. How did he get so close to the NDP? Has he agreed to work pro bono to save Canada ? Will climate change destroy us before the Islamic Russian hordes? Should we spend the money on submariens or fixing the sun. It's a difficult question. Mr Turd is full of ****.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Jeremy Bird was President Obama’s national field director in 2012, helping to identify and motivate individual voters at the grassroots level. More recently, he was one of the figures inside the political action committee promoting Clinton as a presidential candidate.

He’s now well acquainted with Canadian politics, and speaks with ease about regional support levels, vote splits and party records.

“A lot of what you see from the Conservative policies of the Harper government are a lot like the rhetoric we’re hearing from the Republican Party primaries: economic policies to help the rich get richer at the expense of the middle class, a budget that’s only balanced on the back of working class families ... denials of climate change,” Bird said in an interview from Washington, D.C.

“Fortunately, we share democratic values with the NDP, and I think climate change is just one example of that.”

Obama-Clinton organizer says Mulcair best bet to defeat Harper | Toronto Star
So . Who cares ?