Alberta's Notley government releases political staffers' salaries

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I can't WAIT to see the conbot spin on this one.

The NDP government posted the employment contracts of over 90 political staffers online on Friday.

"Alberta's new government is committed to being open, transparent and accountable to the people it represents. As part of that commitment, we are posting the contracts of all staff in Premier's and Ministers' offices," reads the website.

"In the case of administrative staff (who fall below the threshold for public reporting) we are posting the contracts indicating their salary range. In the case of political staff, their exact salary is posted, whether or not they fall below the threshold."

See the contract numbers

Brian Topp, Premier Rachel Notley's Chief of Staff, is the top earner with an annual salary of $225,000. That's slightly above the $215,000 annual salary paid to former premier Jim Prentice's chief of staff Mike Percy but far lower than the $316,000 salary paid to former premier Alison Redford’s chief of staff Farouk Adatia.

Notley's Premier's Office employs 10 political staffers making over $100,000 annually, for a total of $1.5 million. That compares to 11 staff in Prentice's former office making over $100,000 for a total of $2.1 million in compensation.

Alberta's Notley government releases political staffers' salaries | Alberta | News | Edmonton Sun

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I can't WAIT to see the conbot spin on this one.

The NDP government posted the employment contracts of over 90 political staffers online on Friday.

"Alberta's new government is committed to being open, transparent and accountable to the people it represents. As part of that commitment, we are posting the contracts of all staff in Premier's and Ministers' offices," reads the website.

"In the case of administrative staff (who fall below the threshold for public reporting) we are posting the contracts indicating their salary range. In the case of political staff, their exact salary is posted, whether or not they fall below the threshold."

See the contract numbers

Brian Topp, Premier Rachel Notley's Chief of Staff, is the top earner with an annual salary of $225,000. That's slightly above the $215,000 annual salary paid to former premier Jim Prentice's chief of staff Mike Percy but far lower than the $316,000 salary paid to former premier Alison Redford’s chief of staff Farouk Adatia.

Notley's Premier's Office employs 10 political staffers making over $100,000 annually, for a total of $1.5 million. That compares to 11 staff in Prentice's former office making over $100,000 for a total of $2.1 million in compensation.

Alberta's Notley government releases political staffers' salaries | Alberta | News | Edmonton Sun
Hopefully they will be as open with their own scandals. And I hope they let all the dirt out.
Oh yes, what does her husband do?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sheesh, they're paupers compared to what the mayor of Vancouver was paying his office bitch!

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
maybe that office bitch has all the right moves,if you know what I mean?

maybe her peach is juicy.

why is it when women make top dollar,nobody whines,but when a women does,all men and butch women don't like it.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
obviously the last quote on my blog is mixed up,what i meant to say is the public jumps on women who make top dollar,the public seems to be lighter on males who make equivalent dollars.