Trudeau upset about criticism for bringing Liberal daddies in for help

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Poor widdow guy.

Justin Trudeau takes aim at Tom Mulcair's 'golden oldies' comment

'Please don't judge people on their age, judge them on the content of their character'

Justin Trudeau's speech to seniors in Toronto Monday took a personal turn as he chided NDP Leader Tom Mulcair for his comments about "golden oldies."

Trudeau was answering a question from Lene Badhwar, a member of the audience, which was made up mostly of retired people. The event was a town hall question-and-answer session hosted by ZoomerMedia, a media company with a stable of publications geared at baby boomers, in the city's Liberty Village neighbourhood.

Badhwar wanted to know what Trudeau thought about Mulcair's comment that the Liberal leader was dragging up the past by having former prime minister Jean Chrétien join him to criticize Mulcair's approach to the national unity issue.

In Vancouver on Sunday, Mulcair has dismissed both Chrétien and Trudeau. "I'll let Justin Trudeau continue with his golden oldies tour and bring out Jean Chrétien today and start talking about the quarrels of the past, we're talking about solving the problems for the future."

But Trudeau said the issue of age is a very personal thing for him. "My dad actually skipped a generation when he had me," he said.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/politics/canada-election-2015-golden-oldies-trudeau-1.3228715

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Trudeau: "Seriously, dude? You picked now to lay that juicy fart? Man, it reeks!"

Cretien: "Buuuuuuuurp!"

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The picture looks photoshopped. I would expect neither Justine or Cretien were in that particular crowd. Designed to be misleading .... just like every other Lieberal campaign promise.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
The picture looks photoshopped. I would expect neither Justine or Cretien were in that particular crowd. Designed to be misleading .... just like every other Lieberal campaign promise.

How about that commercial with him walking up the 'down' escalator. Notice how you don't see his entire body until the very end? Someone else is doing the majority of the walking while he's probably pretending to walk whilst waiting at the top.