Harper defends Alberta’s interests better than Notl

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
CALGARY – A new poll suggests Albertans believe the Prime Minister is doing a better job protecting the province than the Premier.

The poll from Mainstreet Technologies released on Monday asked respondents who they thought was a better defender of Alberta’s interests, Stephen Harper or Rachel Notley.

Of over 3,000 people polled, half said Stephen Harper while only a third said Rachel Notley.

Harper defends Alberta’s interests better than Notley: poll | Globalnews.ca

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Those are pretty good numbers for Notley when you consider she's only been in office for a few months and she's from the NDP.

The province is swinging left.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Those are pretty good numbers for Notley when you consider she's only been in office for a few months and she's from the NDP.

Really, good numbers, only 33% of Albertans think she is a better defender of Alberta, that is so wrong for the Premier of the province. Only 45% think she is doing a good job. As you have pointed out, she has just recently won a huge majority. I would not say those numbers are good at all.

cribone

Sep 2, 2015
Really!! Let's start a draft Harper for Alberta's Premier movement. Then we can listen to Harper complain how the Federal Government doesn't meet with the provinces.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Really!! Let's start a draft Harper for Alberta's Premier movement. Then we can listen to Harper complain how the Federal Government doesn't meet with the provinces.

Ask Notley why Civil Servants positions are not being cut, wages renegotiated.

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
Here's a number : 604,518

Voted for the NDP

In Alberta

Now, one could say they are all stupid, or were drunk, or having a moment, or whatever.

Does not matter, that's democracy.

Everybody in the energy industry that is blaming the new Alberta government for the present state of the economy or it's potential future, is jumping the gun, don't you think?

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Ask Notley why Civil Servants positions are not being cut, wages renegotiated.
there's those 1980's ideologies,it is this type of thinking which has contributed to Canada's financial demise in the first place.
this type of thinking makes it difficult to win wars.
Goober you must be over 60?

there will be no renegotiating.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Really, good numbers, only 33% of Albertans think she is a better defender of Alberta, that is so wrong for the Premier of the province. Only 45% think she is doing a good job. As you have pointed out, she has just recently won a huge majority. I would not say those numbers are good at all.

Nothing too surprising there...............she won on the strength of protest votes!

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Harper will move back to Toronto where he grew up after he loses the elections and let the rednecks fend for themselves

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
there's those 1980's ideologies,it is this type of thinking which has contributed to Canada's financial demise in the first place.
this type of thinking makes it difficult to win wars.
Goober you must be over 60?

there will be no renegotiating.

No cuts to positions either. Yet with such a large deficit raising taxes will not solve the deficit problem.
Contracts are renegotiated all the time. Yet for you PServants are special. If the Civil Service decides not to do so, fair enough, the contracts are always coming up for renegotiation.
I know of a number of companies that have placed their employees on a 4 day week. Just so no one is laid off. People I talked to ( worked at these companies) agreed that this was a fair way to deal with a slumping economy and much better than a layoff.
What war are we in?
So what is your answer aside from snarky?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Protected?? Doess that mean the recession/depression is a week later than it would be if the other one was in control of things?

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Nothing too surprising there...............she won on the strength of protest votes![/QUO
What is your role to deflect?There are a few of CCF individuals who feel a need to deflect,strange but true!

No cuts to positions either. Yet with such a large deficit raising taxes will not solve the deficit problem.
Contracts are renegotiated all the time. Yet for you PServants are special. If the Civil Service decides not to do so, fair enough, the contracts are always coming up for renegotiation.
I know of a number of companies that have placed their employees on a 4 day week. Just so no one is laid off. People I talked to ( worked at these companies) agreed that this was a fair way to deal with a slumping economy and much better than a layoff.
What war are we in?
So what is your answer aside from snarky?
Terms like employee are outdated,blaming a recession on esential public service individuals is also outdated,as putting the owness on Pservants as bringing Albertans back to financial security is "chicken **** thinking".Don't think you know the truth about all companies,some may be good,others need to be questioned or scrutinized,the public will decide,old thinkers vs. new thinkers.
therefore we can not have a relevant mind to mind conversation,we don't think a like,you don't like my opinion.
The flexible work week is an advancement form of thinking,you get points for this,laid offindividuals or low income pay is not good for the economy.
the whole war comment is a whole different thing,but relates to old thinkers in a modern world,i guess it goes back to decison makers,we could have a conversation about this for hours,but our thinking is different,i know what you are going to say,you will have your predictable opinion,i would rather go to bed.
You have not seen any snarky comments,just truth.Good night!

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Living in Alberta, and having lived in Ontario, I can't really say what Rachel Notley has or hasn't accomplished. On the other hand, I still get to hear our about Premier Wynne quite regularly.

Apparently, she thinks everyone in Ontario sh!ts 100 dollar bills.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Living in Alberta, and having lived in Ontario, I can't really say what Rachel Notley has or hasn't accomplished. On the other hand, I still get to hear our about Premier Wynne quite regularly.

Apparently, she thinks everyone in Ontario sh!ts 100 dollar bills.

I get the feeling the bloom may be off the rose in AB. She may have a tall order to fill!
P.S. or maybe found another Rose. :)

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

That's why in a bielection, Wild Rose won in Calgary.

The NDP was a protest vote that got carried away..

Albertans have pride in their Province, and Harper is an Albertans. Nothing wrong with promoting your home Provinces pluses.

Anyhow, now that I'm living in Ontario, I'm voting Conservative... and I invite any other Conservative to Ontario.. Maybe we can Turn Ontario into Conservative Territory, like the carpet baggers did to Alberta... :lol:

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
People seem to forget that Harper was elected for quite a while and still is MP for Calgary Southwest, before becoming PM, so it's perfectly normal for him favor Calgary non?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
We don't need dirty oil and anything that can be made from that dirty oil can be made better from: