Ontario PCs ditches a woman leader for a male

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

Ontario learned a big lesson from Alberta and just elected Patrick Brown as their PC leader

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Well, I have to say Mr. Patrick Brown is highly, highly impressive.

I can see him leading our country down the road.

His speech was impressive and inclusive. He spoke in Mandarin, English, French, Arabic and a few other languages. He made it clear Northern Ontario matters.

This guy is someone to keep an eye on...I'd ditch Harper in a nano-second for this guy.

He knows politics, his dad ran for NDP which says to me as a family they understand and hopefully have a social conscience. I am impressed. I like this guy. Get those old bastards out of there.

Patrick Brown
Member of the Canadian House of Commons

Patrick W. Brown is a Canadian politician. He is the leader of the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario and is a Conservative member of the House of Commons who has represented the Ontario riding of Barrie since 2006. Wikipedia

Born: May 26, 1978 (age 36), Toronto, Canada

Office: Member of the Canadian House of Commons since 2006

Party: Conservative Party of Canada

Education: University of Windsor, University of Toronto

The liberals and NDP had better get off of their azzes...this guy is going to rock the house.

check this guy out...seriously

Patrick Brown wins Ontario PC leadership | Toronto Star

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I wonder what Bill Davis thinks............?

Wow! How stupid can Ontario PCs be?

As I listened to the Ontario PC official read out the individual riding results minutes ago, with Patrick Brown winning most ridings (and eventually winning the leadership), I was struck by how out of touch Ontario Tories are with their local communities.

Or perhaps it proves just how much of a shell this party has become that it could be taken over by a well-organized pretender like Brown.

In the Toronto auditorium where the event was happening, I heard one woman cry out, "Thank you, Jesus!"

Toronto Star reporter Robert Benzie quoted Mary Ellen Douglas, Ontario President for Campaign Life Coalition as saying, "We are happy with Patrick Brown's election."

This is not the face of modern Ontario.

One thing for certain - I'm afraid PCs have voted in someone who will be even worse at connecting with Ontarians than Tim Hudak. Brown is arrogant and inexperienced with a penchant for flirting with social conservative causes most Ontarians want nothing to do with like revisiting abortion rights.

He's got nothing to offer. This emperor has no clothes.

I'm guessing the CONS who voted for Brown did not do their homework............

Since coming to office in 2006, the current Member of Parliament for Barrie, Patrick Brown, has used $627,920.61 of the taxpayers' funds to print newsletters and flyers and $205,727.39 of the taxpayers' funds to advertise. Brown's newsletters are titled "The Brown Report". This blog, "The Brown Retort", presents a dissenting view to that of the Barrie MP, at no cost to the taxpayer.

In a photo submitted to The Brown Retort, Snover Dhillon, a criminally convicted supporter of Barrie MP Patrick Brown, is pictured at the opening of Brown's provincial leadership campaign headquarters in Brampton.

Snover Dhillon came to the attention of the national media during the 2011 federal election campaign when he was spotted sitting behind Conservative Party leader Stephen Harper's family at a rally in Brampton despite facing a criminal fraud charge for allegedly withdrawing $10,972 from a woman's credit and debit cards.

Prior to the March 27, 2011 rally in Brampton, Dhillon had accompanied Patrick Brown to an event in Fatehgarh Sahib, near Chandigarh, India, despite a bail condition, set in December 2010, requiring that Dhillon not leave the province of Ontario. A receipt included with Brown's Public Statement of Sponsored Travel for his 2011 trip to India has the name of Dhillon's organization, the Indo Canadian Peace Alliance, handwritten on it, suggesting Dhillon paid for Brown's flights from Goa to Chandigarh.

more

THE BROWN RETORT: Criminally convicted supporter spotted at opening of Patrick Brown's provincial campaign headquarters

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Finally a conservative leader. 2018 seems a long way away but at least now there's hope.

The hate just oozes from your post.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Wow! How stupid can Ontario PCs be?

As I listened to the Ontario PC official read out the individual riding results minutes ago, with Patrick Brown winning most ridings (and eventually winning the leadership), I was struck by how out of touch Ontario Tories are with their local communities.

Or perhaps it proves just how much of a shell this party has become that it could be taken over by a well-organized pretender like Brown.

In the Toronto auditorium where the event was happening, I heard one woman cry out, "Thank you, Jesus!"

Toronto Star reporter Robert Benzie quoted Mary Ellen Douglas, Ontario President for Campaign Life Coalition as saying, "We are happy with Patrick Brown's election."

This is not the face of modern Ontario.

One thing for certain - I'm afraid PCs have voted in someone who will be even worse at connecting with Ontarians than Tim Hudak. Brown is arrogant and inexperienced with a penchant for flirting with social conservative causes most Ontarians want nothing to do with like revisiting abortion rights.

He's got nothing to offer. This emperor has no clothes.

I'm guessing the CONS who voted for Brown did not do their homework............

Since coming to office in 2006, the current Member of Parliament for Barrie, Patrick Brown, has used $627,920.61 of the taxpayers' funds to print newsletters and flyers and $205,727.39 of the taxpayers' funds to advertise. Brown's newsletters are titled "The Brown Report". This blog, "The Brown Retort", presents a dissenting view to that of the Barrie MP, at no cost to the taxpayer.

In a photo submitted to The Brown Retort, Snover Dhillon, a criminally convicted supporter of Barrie MP Patrick Brown, is pictured at the opening of Brown's provincial leadership campaign headquarters in Brampton.

Snover Dhillon came to the attention of the national media during the 2011 federal election campaign when he was spotted sitting behind Conservative Party leader Stephen Harper's family at a rally in Brampton despite facing a criminal fraud charge for allegedly withdrawing $10,972 from a woman's credit and debit cards.

Prior to the March 27, 2011 rally in Brampton, Dhillon had accompanied Patrick Brown to an event in Fatehgarh Sahib, near Chandigarh, India, despite a bail condition, set in December 2010, requiring that Dhillon not leave the province of Ontario. A receipt included with Brown's Public Statement of Sponsored Travel for his 2011 trip to India has the name of Dhillon's organization, the Indo Canadian Peace Alliance, handwritten on it, suggesting Dhillon paid for Brown's flights from Goa to Chandigarh.

more

THE BROWN RETORT: Criminally convicted supporter spotted at opening of Patrick Brown's provincial campaign headquarters
Or perhaps it is just you and the clod that wrote the C&P that are out of touch with reality.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

Ontario learned a big lesson from Alberta and just elected Patrick Brown as their PC leader
How can someone be ditched from a job they didn't have?

Or perhaps it is just you and the clod that wrote the C&P that are out of touch with reality.
No...no, can't be that. Just a lot of hate on Tay's part.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Finally a conservative leader. 2018 seems a long way away but at least now there's hope.

The hate just oozes from your post.

I don't 'hate' him, just enlightening everyone as to who he is.

I think the CONS should have chosen Elliot as he will go nowhere........

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I am so looking forward to the election coming this fall federally. I am ready to go out
and actually campaign for someone depending on which two of the parties I chose
and at the moment it is Mulcair. Not because of Alberta because we need a change
and Trudeau is a string puppet he voted for Bill C-51 and in so doing helped nudge
me to the NDP this time round. Why not we have a hundred and damn near fifty
years of the other two making a mess. Lets just clean up the Tory mess and get
on with it

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I see Harris-like landslides for Brown in the future. ON will be back in 5 years.

I think the CONS should have chosen Elliot as he will go nowhere........
You wouldn't have voted for her so why say the PC's shoulda picked her, fool.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

I think he is impressive in multiple ways. I think he is a leader. He is charismatic. He is intelligent. He speaks well. He brought in a massive amount of support.

I am more than willing to give him a chance. I don't care what party he is leading. He is not a part of the old boys club. He is fresh and young. I say, give him a chance.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I see Harris-like landslides for Brown in the future. ON will be back in 5 years.

You wouldn't have voted for her so why say the PC's shoulda picked her, fool.

I would not have voted for her but this is not about me but the voting public and I am happy the CONS are short sighted as I think Elliot would have been a lot more acceptable to them.

She doesn't have his baggage as a starter and doesn't have that Hudak smarminess..........

Since coming to office in 2006, the current Member of Parliament for Barrie, Patrick Brown, has used $627,920.61 of the taxpayers' funds to print newsletters and flyers and $205,727.39 of the taxpayers' funds to advertise

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Since coming to office in 2006, the current Member of Parliament for Barrie, Patrick Brown, has used $627,920.61 of the taxpayers' funds to print newsletters and flyers and $205,727.39 of the taxpayers' funds to advertise
How does that compare to his peers? Once you show us a comparison your numbers may help your cause.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I am so looking forward to the election coming this fall federally. I am ready to go out
and actually campaign for someone depending on which two of the parties I chose
and at the moment it is Mulcair. Not because of Alberta because we need a change
and Trudeau is a string puppet he voted for Bill C-51 and in so doing helped nudge
me to the NDP this time round. Why not we have a hundred and damn near fifty
years of the other two making a mess. Lets just clean up the Tory mess and get
on with it

So, you would like to see a French Citizen as Canadian Prime Minister. Interesting. I guess you're not as much of a Canadian Patriot as I thought you were.