alison redford cleared of any wrongdoing

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
EDMONTON -- The RCMP say there won't be any charges against former Alberta premier Alison Redford over her spending while she held the province's top job.
The government had forwarded the Mounties a report by the auditor general that was highly critical of Redford and her office.
Auditor Merwan Saher said in the report last summer that he found examples of inappropriate spending on government planes and travel. He concluded that Redford and her office used public resources for personal and partisan purposes.
Related Stories

He blamed an "aura of power" that created a perception that their influence should not be questioned.
"In the interest of thoroughness, the RCMP interviewed a wide range of individuals who provided us with information related to the auditor general's report," RCMP Assistant Commissioner Marlin Degrand said in a release Friday. "We thank them for their co-operation, and the file is now concluded."
Jessica Jacobs-Mino, press secretary for Justice Minister Jonathan Dennis, said in an email: "The legal opinion we received recommended we refer this matter to the RCMP. We did that. We are pleased to see it is now concluded."

No charges in RCMP investigation into former Alberta premier Redford | CTV News

Just because criminal charges won't be laid, doesn't mean she didn't do anything wrong or improper with OUR tax money.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
She was within the terms of law but you are right Gerry just because there is
no criminal charges does not mean she did the right things. Arrogance is a
twisted thing to begin with it leads to entitlements and that is worse than just
taking things. It is the worst of all actions unbecoming of a politician its never
ending and its not curable either you care about constituents or you don't
she didn't

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I never did follow the whole situation closely. No charges is good but there is still a bit of a mess that was left behind. I hope they get the big stone house off of Jasper back in order.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I just think she is a good team player,i wish she would take me with her.

Ummmmm..... Alison Redford, former Leader of the Alberta Progressive Conservative Party and former Premier of Alberta...... a team player...... I really don't think you know what the fu ck you are talking about.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Ummmmm..... Alison Redford, former Leader of the Alberta Progressive Conservative Party and former Premier of Alberta...... a team player...... I really don't think you know what the fu ck you are talking about.
what you don't think she is a team player?what is your argument,what do you know that i don't,PC is all ablut team playing,this of course if you cannot tolerate to manipulate your neighbour, **** your grandma,then you are off the team,thisPC move is called,"Your either with us,or against us"team playing.
Alison was gracious enough to move over for Mr. Prentice,I consider this a team player spirit,I hope she gets some fat cat placement on a board or something like that.Go Alison Go.I hope you takes me with her.
Provide your proof Darling,I may be convinced by your argument.

I never did follow the whole situation closely. No charges is good but there is still a bit of a mess that was left behind. I hope they get the big stone house off of Jasper back in order.
I am going to Edmonton next week,24 hours of shopping,food and having fun.(Cheap hotel???)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
what you don't think she is a team player?what is your argument,what do you know that i don't,PC is all ablut team playing,this of course if you cannot tolerate to manipulate your neighbour, **** your grandma,then you are off the team,thisPC move is called,"Your either with us,or against us"team playing.
Alison was gracious enough to move over for Mr. Prentice,I consider this a team player spirit,I hope she gets some fat cat placement on a board or something like that.Go Alison Go.I hope you takes me with her.
Provide your proof Darling,I may be convinced by your argument.

I am going to Edmonton next week,24 hours of shopping,food and having fun.(Cheap hotel???)

Graciously stepped aside? You live in a fantasy world? You CAN'T be from ALberta. Mind you the fact that you have Bloq Quebecois in your avatar just might say it all.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
She was within the terms of law but you are right Gerry just because there is
no criminal charges does not mean she did the right things. Arrogance is a
twisted thing to begin with it leads to entitlements and that is worse than just
taking things. It is the worst of all actions unbecoming of a politician its never
ending and its not curable either you care about constituents or you don't
she didn't

Within the terms of the law flying her daughter (and friends from what I hear) on the Gov't. tab? The height of arrogance, while people are sleep on cardboard pallets in the cold!! Unbelievable!

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Graciously stepped aside? You live in a fantasy world? You CAN'T be from ALberta. Mind you the fact that you have Bloq Quebecois in your avatar just might say it all.
Yes here in Alberta we live in a fantasy world,this allows us to think big,Alberta is all fantasy!Try it you may like it,I like it.
Yes me listing Bloc Quebececois as my preferred voting choice does say it all,no argument
I gave you two yes's,I hope this makes you feel better,as usual you are right(times two yes's),and my opinion is wrong.

Alison Redford is a team player,she moved over for Jim,I hope she receives a big fat positon for her gracious behaviour.
Theres' nothing wrong with Jim,he is just like you and me,raised at Grand Cache,Albeta,shipped in from Ontairo to clean house on any objections to anything to do with the pipelines, I hope Alison takes me with her.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yes here in Alberta we live in a fantasy world,this allows us to think big,Alberta is all fantasy!Try it you may like it,I like it.
Yes me listing Bloc Quebececois as my preferred voting choice does say it all,no argument
I gave you two yes's,I hope this makes you feel better,as usual you are right(times two yes's),and my opinion is wrong.

Alison Redford is a team player,she moved over for Jim,I hope she receives a big fat positon for her gracious behaviour.
Theres' nothing wrong with Jim,he is just like you and me,raised at Grand Cache,Albeta,shipped in from Ontairo to clean house on any objections to anything to do with the pipelines, I hope Alison takes me with her.

There is nothing gracious about Alison Redford, the only reason she isn't in jail is a technicality! :)

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Never heard of her. Although I have it from a reliable source that she is a brilliant woman, salt of the friggin earth

From what I remember, I loved the bus ad. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Sorry, I guess I was think'n 'bout this one:

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
The only reason Redford wasn't charged is she was just following in the footsteps of previous Tory first ministers, especially old Ralph.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
From what I remember, I loved the bus ad. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Sorry, I guess I was think'n 'bout this one:

Daniel is a nice good girl,she never did it for me,'wildrose was not my cup of tea.The Wildrose attracted not my type of people and some of my type of people,influenced by poltical parties is a personal thing.
as far as the controversial conversation on where the wheels were positioned on this bus,I do not see Daniel as a sexual person,actually not all,so I did not really notice those wheels until someone pointed them out to me,only men seem to notice this,to me it is just wheels.

we call this the
whiskey and water syndrome",here in Alberta,50 years of one party rule has its influences.
I like when anyone can walk from anything,just because they are connected, all the power to them.