Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This is not the civil servants the policy of the government itself
It has come about trying to prove everyone is a cheat and those
least able to defend themselves are made the targets of policy.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
This is not the civil servants the policy of the government itself
It has come about trying to prove everyone is a cheat and those
least able to defend themselves are made the targets of policy.

This can happen to anybody on disability or WCB too and has.
yes and it should disgust every Canadian enough so that it ends

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
This can happen to anybody on disability or WCB too and has.

My mother had to verifty to RBC Insurance, her long term disability carrier, that she still had MS and was still disabled. You know, in case they might have missed the big news story where it was cured or something.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I get that they need to follow up on some loser/faker people and even people who aren't faking it but could possibly be misdiagnosed...can't these idiotic bureaucrats figure out a way to do that such as 4 categories with the last one being "needs yearly follow up due to circumstance or something and the top one being, no further medical follow up necessary

it can't be that hard

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
You would think something like that would be obvious. Sad for the guy who really does have a bad back and can't work, but unfortunately many people fake such a malady.

Probably pretty rare for people to fake a dismemberment. Not to mention difficult.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
well maybe if they have the internet...these arseholes could see a photo of this Paul guy. maybe attach it to his goddamn file.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
well maybe if they have the internet...these arseholes could see a photo of this Paul guy. maybe attach it to his goddamn file.

Yes and John and Che made some beautiful music together.

I wouldn't suggest there be zero oversight at all because that's a problem waiting to happen. How many times do we hear of some guy collecting Mom's old age for years after her death? But an insurance provider, government benefit provider suffers from the same malady as the CRA.....they assume you're guilty and expect you to prove otherwise. It's pretty much all in the 'tude dude.

The added issue of the DVA is, unless I'm completely mistaken, they are supposed to be an advocate for veterans and not just administrators of benefit funds.

And let's face it, no government, at least for many, many years treats our veterans all that well. The message appears to be that since you (the vet) are no longer of any use to us, we don't really have the time, we'll get around to it in a few years, but let's get that photo op, blah, blah, blah.

You know I look around in my community and I see all the old (now) vet's housing that was built after WW2 and I think, this is the way, the attitude, we need to embrace when it comes to our veterans. Now, I'm not suggesting we give them housing (stated plainly for the benefit of all you excessively literal types out there). I'm saying if we start with the attitude of acknowledging that these men and women took time off from their own lives in society in order to provide service to the nation as a whole, we'd be starting from a much better place.

Like I said, it's all in the 'tude.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Here's an idea, why doesn't the Feds just transfer money to the provinces and ask them to look after it for them. They're already handing out monthly checks for welfare, AISH (in Alberta) and such and clearly doing a better job of it. Less duplication is a good thing.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Here's an idea, why doesn't the Feds just transfer money to the provinces and ask them to look after it for them. They're already handing out monthly checks for welfare, AISH (in Alberta) and such and clearly doing a better job of it. Less duplication is a good thing.

that would make sense thus there will be a myriad of reasons why it shouldn't happen

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
RMR: Rick's Rant - Fighting Veterans - YouTube

Rick Mercer: Harper Government Makes Injured Veteran Prove His Legs Haven't Grown Back

Each Year, Veterans Affairs Makes Me Prove I Lost My Legs

Each Year, Veterans Affairs Makes Me Prove I Lost My Legs | Paul Franklin

but seriously folks, this stinks and needs to be sorted out before the next election...as best as 'promises' can sort anything out but it's gotta start sometime. the rookie minister best get his ass in gear.

That is totally and completely disgusting and has to stop. Next "round table" I attend, I'll definitely be bringing it up!!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
bu·reau·crat
ˈbyo͝orəˌkrat/
noun
noun: bureaucrat; plural noun: bureaucrats
an official in a government department, in particular one perceived as being concerned with procedural correctness at the expense of people's needs.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
bu·reau·crat
ˈbyo͝orəˌkrat/
noun
noun: bureaucrat; plural noun: bureaucrats
an official in a government department, in particular one perceived as being concerned with procedural correctness at the expense of people's needs.

I like taxslave's spelling of the word! Says it all.:):)

No disrespect to Rick Mercer, but he's an entertainer. Has he ever shown he has enough savvy to even run a lemonade stand?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I like taxslave's spelling of the word! Says it all.:):)

No disrespect to Rick Mercer, but he's an entertainer. Has he ever shown he has enough savvy to even run a lemonade stand?
Rick Mercer for PM! Dude is one of the smartest people we have running loose in this country. And it amazes me that not everybody is mad a Harpo. The paranoid little dictator sucks balls.