Bill C-51: to stifle social ,environmental and Indigenous justice movements in Canada

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The clear intent of this bill is to stifle social ,environmental and Indigenous justice movements in Canada. And in the specific wording of the Bill we see measures designed to treat those that take action on
social issues in Canada like terrorists and those in the growing independent media that cover them as enemy propagandists.It is important to remember when reading the language of the proposed legislation that the terminology used by security services toward activists of any stripe in this country has changed in a way that make this legislation a perfect fit for repression.

More: Read and share this article, and we could share a jail cell - 99%Média

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Yabut think of the 3-4 terrorists we'll be saved from over the next 100 years.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Oh, you mean if you "act like a terrorist, you're treated like a terrorist" thingy? Makes sense to me.

There's a BIG difference in becoming involved in PEACEFUL activities as opposed to say, CRIMINAL activities to make your point. So, what's the problem? Don't set fire to things, don't destroy things and you won't get on any "list". You can yell all you want - no problem. But when you start destroying property, (public or private) as has happened in the past with the ECO Terrorists" they damn well better be on somebody's list!!

JMHO

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Why doesn't the First Nations just petition the ICC for the place to take their grievances, taking them to the Government of Canada does nothing as they are the jailers.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
It is time we had a law to protect our right to work from the anti everything crowd that do nothing but collect welfare. Terrorism isn't just a bunch of clowns blowing themselves up in public. Spiking trees with the intent to hurt or kill loggers is terrorism. Destroying equipment because you don't like the project they are doing is not only terrorism it is depriving a working person of their livelihood.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You new joke is old already. Don't take up making sense as a new career as you memory bank just went belly up.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It is time we had a law to protect our right to work from the anti everything crowd that do nothing but collect welfare. Terrorism isn't just a bunch of clowns blowing themselves up in public. Spiking trees with the intent to hurt or kill loggers is terrorism. Destroying equipment because you don't like the project they are doing is not only terrorism it is depriving a working person of their livelihood.

It's people like you who frustrate the work of activists to have the right to a bowel movement enshrined in Canadian law with your rediculous idea that a right to work can ever be granted by legislators. Work is not a right it is a necessity much the same as breathing.

Israel must be protected from free speech and democracy.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I think this would be good time to remember a Harper appointee to the 'watchdog position' and why we can't trust them .............

Arthur Porter, whom Prime Minister Stephen Harper appointed three years ago to oversee Canada’s spy agency, was arrested with his wife in Panama on charges including fraud against the Quebec government relating to his alleged role in the handling of a $1.3-billion Montreal hospital construction and maintenance contract, awarded three years ago to scandal-plagued engineering giant SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.

Arthur Porter arrested in Panama | National Post

Or maybe this one.............

Chuck Strahl steps down as spy watchdog amid lobbying questions

Former Tory minister resigns as chair of the committee that oversees CSIS

Chuck Strahl steps down as spy watchdog amid lobbying questions - Politics - CBC News

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

I love the rhetoric from the anti-development crowd..... "It's society's duty to develop my parcel of land, bring in the gas, electricity and maintain the roads... But once that is done, anymore progress is an affront to Mother Gaia and MUST be stopped"

It's a shame that he didn't have a bunch of cash in unmarked plain, brown paper bags.

... Remind you of anyone?... (rhymes with Cretin)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I love the rhetoric from the anti-development crowd..... "It's society's duty to develop my parcel of land, bring in the gas, electricity and maintain the roads... But once that is done, anymore progress is an affront to Mother Gaia and MUST be stopped"
The interweb is the biggest waste of energy ever and yet here they are sucking on their indoor weed and eating pinty's.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The interweb is the biggest waste of energy ever and yet here they are sucking on their indoor weed and eating pinty's.

Of course they are... The hypocrites can easily convince themselves to look past the massive energy requirement to grow their hydroponic weed and while burning down a fattie, they can look wistfully at one another and wax philosophically about how they are communing with nature in the consumption of a gift from Gaia.

... Saw that daily when I lived out in Lotus Land