Prime Minster Stephen Harper visits wynne for a few minutes

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
then it was off to support our young guys. he brought his cardboard folder and she her leather one.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper met with Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to discuss a number of issues related to jobs and the economy for the first time in a little over a year this evening,

The meeting, held ahead of the gold medal World Juniors hockey game in Toronto, lasted less than 45 minutes and ended shortly before 7 p.m. ET.

more if ya need it

Stephen Harper holds 1st meeting with Kathleen Wynne in more than a year - Politics - CBC News

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
ya ya, TSN must have cut to 'Dear Leader' a half-dozen times... don't they know he has an almost 60% disapproval rating and they're just ticking off most of their audience?

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
ya ya, TSN must have cut to 'Dear Leader' a half-dozen times... don't they know he has an almost 60% disapproval rating and they're just ticking off most of their audience?

Have you noticed he is the Prime Minister of the country?

Duly elected even.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
Have you noticed he is the Prime Minister of the country?

Duly elected even.

ya ya... and he's a self-proclaimed "hockey historian" too! Hockey is hockey... there's no room for political posturing for personal gain/agenda!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
ya ya... and he's a self-proclaimed "hockey historian" too! Hockey is hockey... there's no room for political posturing for personal gain/agenda!

Do you think he was behind the cameras?

You are the only one doing any "political posturing" over the game and Harper's presence......

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
Good for Harper. Didn't see Putin there. :lol:

that weasel Harper... he couldn't separate himself from politics even to oblige the traditional "beer bet" between leaders! What... did he think Puti would spike his beer? Note to member Colpy: "political beer posturing"!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
that weasel Harper... he couldn't separate himself from politics even to oblige the traditional "beer bet" between leaders! What... did he think Puti would spike his beer? Note to member Colpy: "political beer posturing"!

"Weasel" is a common denominator among politicians..................in other words it means nothing.:)

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

POLITICS?!!

You think Putin, the murderer and war monger, determined to recreate the Russian Empire under his Tsar-ship, should be treated as a friend? Because that is what the bet is, a bet between friendly rivals. Russia is not our friend.

You like Vladimir?

You'd have LOVED Stalin.

Why am I not surprised?

And once again, you are the only person politisizing Harper's attendance at the game.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
POLITICS?!!

You think Putin, the murderer and war monger, determined to recreate the Russian Empire under his Tsar-ship, should be treated as a friend? Because that is what the bet is, a bet between friendly rivals. Russia is not our friend.

You like Vladimir?

You'd have LOVED Stalin.

Why am I not surprised?

And once again, you are the only person politisizing Harper's attendance at the game.

Pukin is an A$$hole of the first water!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Yes Harper is the Prime Minister, and yes he had a meeting with the Premier of Ontario.
The fact is for those who don't know a meeting of more than a half hour and less than
one hour means something of substance was discussed and will be followed up by the
civil servants. Now had they said they met for five or ten minutes then it was cameras
and show.
I don't subscribe to the Harper doctrine in all things but really he is the Prime Minister
and he is a hockey fan but then so am I. Don't forget despite his differences he needs
Ontario and the other duly elected leader Wynne is the Premier of that Province.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yes Harper is the Prime Minister, and yes he had a meeting with the Premier of Ontario.
The fact is for those who don't know a meeting of more than a half hour and less than
one hour means something of substance was discussed and will be followed up by the
civil servants. Now had they said they met for five or ten minutes then it was cameras
and show.
I don't subscribe to the Harper doctrine in all things but really he is the Prime Minister
and he is a hockey fan but then so am I. Don't forget despite his differences he needs
Ontario and the other duly elected leader Wynne is the Premier of that Province.

Yeah, for all his faults there's a lot worse than Harper...................Mulcair and Jr. come to mind.:) and Elizabeth May of course!

whitedog

It''s our duty, vote.
Mar 13, 2006
POLITICS?!!

You like Vladimir?

You'd have LOVED Stalin.

Why am I not surprised?

Whats with you, Grumpy? Just because some of the members here don't like Harper, doesn't make them Putin supporters. This "if you ain't with us then you agin us" is nonsense. Yeah it seemingly worked for Bushy, but clearly, it gets tiring. And as far as it goes, Bell Media zooming in on hairspray boy was just cheap advertising. Personally, I could give a rats *** if I see him at a game. I wonder if he paid for a ticket, or did we? Unfortunately I am hoping that the Cons lose the next election, hopefully resulting in a leadership change, where we can put a real conservative in at the helm.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Since he was there, it was appropriate. And as a hockey fan, it was perfectly acceptable he be there. Even as PM it was acceptable he be there.

It also would have been acceptable for Justine to show up and have some shots, or Ms. Wynn. Neither were there. Only Harper and Tory showed up. I personally have more questions as to why those people did not have tickets to the game.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Whats with you, Grumpy? Just because some of the members here don't like Harper, doesn't make them Putin supporters. This "if you ain't with us then you agin us" is nonsense. Yeah it seemingly worked for Bushy, but clearly, it gets tiring. And as far as it goes, Bell Media zooming in on hairspray boy was just cheap advertising. Personally, I could give a rats *** if I see him at a game. I wonder if he paid for a ticket, or did we? Unfortunately I am hoping that the Cons lose the next election, hopefully resulting in a leadership change, where we can put a real conservative in at the helm.

You didn't read the posts, did you?

Waldo complained that Harper refused to make a buddy-buddy beer bet with Putin.

I didn't bring up the matter.

I simply pointed out that Putin is a murderer, dictator, war-monger and the enemy of anything to do with liberty, and that Harper's rejection of him is a principled position.

Funny that Waldo calls Harper "Dear Leader", but Putin gets a pass.........what that says about Waldo I will leave for the reader to decide.

Read before you post, you are less apt to look like an idiot that way.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I think that just because waldo did not make a derogatory comment about Putin does not mean that he supports him.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
then it was off to support our young guys. he brought his cardboard folder and she her leather one.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper met with Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to discuss a number of issues related to jobs and the economy for the first time in a little over a year this evening,

The meeting, held ahead of the gold medal World Juniors hockey game in Toronto, lasted less than 45 minutes and ended shortly before 7 p.m. ET.

more if ya need it

Stephen Harper holds 1st meeting with Kathleen Wynne in more than a year - Politics - CBC News

Well Steven knows Ontario will soon be supporting the rest of Canada. He can no longer ignore Wynne.

Oil prices change the countries whole dynamics.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
In your & mr wynnes minds perhaps.

And the history of this country.

Ontario has already started selling a whole lot more of products since the dollar dropped. All businesses get multiple quote's. Our low dollar automatically helps our competitiveness. Sales are automatically on the rise.