NATO's Supreme Allied Commander echos Trudeau on ISIS

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
West needs to address 'root causes' of radicalism

Until the causes of instability and radicalism in places such as Iraq and Syria are addressed, the West can expect to be engaged in foreign conflicts for a long time, NATO's top commander says.

"Until we have addressed the root causes of these kinds of issues, we can expect to have to deal with these kind of issues," he said, referring to the current U.S.-led mission against the jihadist group ISIS.

Breedlove said the way to address these root causes is by focusing on bringing jobs, education, health and safety to vulnerable places, as well as figuring out how to make governments "responsive to their people."

more

ISIS fight: West needs to address 'root causes' of radicalism - Politics - CBC News

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Until the causes of instability and radicalism in places such as Iraq and Syria are addressed, the West can expect to be engaged in foreign conflicts for a long time, NATO's top commander says.

"Until we have addressed the root causes of these kinds of issues, we can expect to have to deal with these kind of issues," he said, referring to the current U.S.-led mission against the jihadist group ISIS.

Breedlove said the way to address these root causes is by focusing on bringing jobs, education, health and safety to vulnerable places, as well as figuring out how to make governments "responsive to their people."

more

ISIS fight: West needs to address 'root causes' of radicalism - Politics - CBC News

Till the root causes are addressed by their respective Govts I suggest killing them as root causes being addressed will take decades. Hate runs deep and minority religions are heretics. Makes for an interesting place not to be a minority.
No rule of law.
Corruption is endemic and a mainstay of their culture.
Next - The world will have radicals Islamist Orgs for decades.
Again, I suggest killing them.
They say kill one another 3 pop up. makes for a target rich environment and may push Govts to change.
Till then, keep on taking the fukers out.

Now if oil stays low, the rich countries like Saudi can wait but once social programs are cut, wait for the uprisings.

A number of OPEC members need oil at 100 Plus per barrel to balance their budgets.
Saudi, Kuwait, Qatar & Bahrain, UAE have substantial assets.
They can still support social programs with low oil.

Till then reduce ISIl, again by killing them.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Till then reduce ISIl, again by killing them.

You can kill them, but until the root cause is addressed (whatever it may be) they will just keep coming. Wipe out ISIS, another group will pop up. The middle east as been like whack a mole for a long time with these groups and I doubt it will end anytime soon even if ISIS gets wiped out in the near future.

Till the root causes are addressed by their respective Govts I suggest killing them as root causes being addressed will take decades.

ha, their governments wont do a damn thing.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
"West needs to address 'root causes' of radicalism"

The west is the root cause of the radicalism it purports to need to address.
It needs to stop paying and arming them.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009

4 star Yankee Air Force General... as NATO's top commander. And damn Colpy, the guy has seem some real action:
Commands held:
U.S. European Command
Supreme Allied Commander Europe
U.S. Air Forces Africa
U.S. Air Forces in Europe
Joint Air Power Competence Center
Air Component Command, Ramstein
8th Fighter Wing
31st Fighter Wing
56th Tactical Training Wing
3rd Air Force
80th Fighter Squadron
27th Operations Group
Battles/wars
Cold War
Gulf War
Afghanistan war - Present
Awards:
Defense Distinguished Service Medal
Air Force Distinguished Service Medal (2)
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit (4)
Defense Meritorious Service Medal (2)
Meritorious Service Medal (4)

hey Colpy, is this going to put a dent in that particular Harper Conservative "root cause truth ad" against JT? :mrgreen:

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Sure waldo, real action from behind a desk and following orders not making them. I am so impressed with your little copy paste brain.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
Sure waldo, real action from behind a desk and following orders not making them. I am so impressed with your little copy paste brain.

huh! From a self-declared 'free thinker' as yourself... haven't you freely thought to check out the guys fightin' chops yourself? You don't get to fly over 3500 hours (principally F-16 jet fighter)... from, as you say, "behind a desk"! Did you actually read my C&P? I think not if you're going to suggest the guy's command levels didn't... and don't... include making orders! I'd throw down another C&P to reinforce the guys background but I'm not sure your self-declared "free thinking" would be up to it!

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
this is just a spin-off of the appease the muzzie movement barry started at NASA...make 'em 'feel' welcome and stuff.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
4 star Yankee Air Force General... as NATO's top commander. And damn Colpy, the guy has seem some real action:
Commands held:
U.S. European Command
Supreme Allied Commander Europe
U.S. Air Forces Africa
U.S. Air Forces in Europe
Joint Air Power Competence Center
Air Component Command, Ramstein
8th Fighter Wing
31st Fighter Wing
56th Tactical Training Wing
3rd Air Force
80th Fighter Squadron
27th Operations Group
Battles/wars
Cold War
Gulf War
Afghanistan war - Present
Awards:
Defense Distinguished Service Medal
Air Force Distinguished Service Medal (2)
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit (4)
Defense Meritorious Service Medal (2)
Meritorious Service Medal (4)

hey Colpy, is this going to put a dent in that particular Harper Conservative "root cause truth ad" against JT? :mrgreen:

Nope.

Thankfully, most Canadians are not idiots.

And a bunch of stars on your shoulder does not prevent you from being an idiot.

Obviously.

You see, idiots have a problem understanding a simple truth......there is only one Islam. Allah is God, and Mohammed is his prophet. Mohammed is the example to be followed.

Mohammed was a brigand, a war-monger, a rapist, a killer, a pedophile, a thief, and a genocidal murderer.

There is the cause of "radicalization".

ISIS is Islam.