Big news for the old curmudgeons......

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
A big raise in O.A.S payments this morning.......

A big twelve Bucks........should keep me in coffee money for a couple of days

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Considering that we are living off the Canadian taxpayer, DS, I for one am thankful for every increase - no matter how small.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Considering that we are living off the Canadian taxpayer, DS, I for one am thankful for every increase - no matter how small.
We don't live off the Canadian taxpayer, Mowich. We live off the interest we payed in taxes and the money the corporation of Canada made selling shares on the NY stock exchange using Canadian legal persons as a commodity.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
We don't live off the Canadian taxpayer, Mowich. We live off the interest we payed in taxes and the money the corporation of Canada made selling shares on the NY stock exchange using Canadian legal persons as a commodity.

ROFLMFAO.
That's funny. The piddling amount you paid in income taxes wouldn't even pay the interest on the money spent on services you used.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
A big raise in O.A.S payments this morning.......

A big twelve Bucks........should keep me in coffee money for a couple of days

Actually, DaSleeper, this news could be construed as cruel and unusual punishment to one prolific senior basher that posts in the forum!:)

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Actually, DaSleeper, this news could be construed as cruel and unusual punishment to one prolific senior basher that posts in the forum!:)
I posted this actually looking forward to an apoplectic reaction from that particular individual I but will be satisfied with a red-....lolz

I got $5!
I deserve more because my wife is not receiving OAS yet.....

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I posted this actually looking forward to an apoplectic reaction from that particular individual I but will be satisfied with a red-....lolz

I deserve more because my wife is not receiving OAS yet.....

I'm lucky I no longer get apoplectic reactions- (actually that is too dignified a term)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Hey...12 dollars is a half decent bottle of wine......don't knock it....:lol:

I got nearly $10.00 on ODSP! - the trade-off is Hydro went up $69

What gets me is thinking about those single people who's sole support is OAS. My wife and I are both drawing OAS plus we have other pensions and savings that make it reasonable.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

What gets me is thinking about those single people who's sole support is OAS. My wife and I are both drawing OAS plus we have other pensions and savings that make it reasonable.

So the bastards owe me $7.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I got nearly $10.00 on ODSP! - the trade-off is Hydro went up $69

SEE ! YOU WON !! :blob:

I never checked today to see if I'm up or down. Looks about the same as last month.

Sorry bout your problems with the ODSP. They are a bunch of (Petros quote: cocksuckers).........with sharp teeth.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

The only way a single person could exist on the O.A.P. is if he can find a boarding house (rarer than hen's teeth) where some kind soul will feed you and do your laundry for $500 a month.

SEE ! YOU WON !! :blob:

I never checked today to see if I'm up or down. Looks about the same as last month.

Sorry bout your problems with the ODSP. They are a bunch of (Petros quote: cocksuckers).........with sharp teeth.

W.T.F. is O.D.S.P.? anything like R.R.S.P.?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The only way a single person could exist on the O.A.P. is if he can find a boarding house (rarer than hen's teeth) where some kind soul will feed you and do your laundry for $500 a month.

Or, own your own home and keep on working as I do.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I meant O.A.P. as sole income.................it's likely not even possible!

Very difficult for two people.but if you own your house and don't have a mortgage it can be
doable. Best if you have another income or savings to augment the pension.