Stephen Harper government doesn’t understand Ontario, Justin Trudeau says

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Like, duhhh

In an election-themed speech Friday, Liberal leader Justin Trudeau told a GTA audience that Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s Conservatives “still don’t seem to get’’ Ontario.

Speaking in Markham to the Liberal Party’s general meeting, Trudeau took a swipe at the experience in government of Harper and his team of former Ontario cabinet ministers John

Baird and Tony Clement, and federal Finance Minister Joe Oliver, the MP for Eglinton-Lawrence.

“He (Oliver) should be working alongside Premier (Kathleen) Wynne to build a plan to help Ontario proper. Instead, what does he do? When she put out a budget focused on jobs and growth, he attacked it as a “route to economic decline,’’ Trudeau said.

“Think about that for a second. That’s Canada’s finance minister undermining consumer and investor confidence in the province that is 40 per cent of our country’s economy,’’ the Liberal leader told the audience.

“That’s just short-sighted, partisan, and irresponsible. And it needs to stop,’’ Trudeau said in a speech seemingly tailored for the federal election slated for the fall of 2015.

“Well I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Ontario needs a partner in Ottawa, not an opponent. My friends, you and I are going to prove to Ontarians that we have the plan and team to be that partner,’’ Trudeau said.

...more blatantly obvious news...

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news...t_understand_ontario_justin_trudeau_says.html

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Yes he should be propping up her Ontario CFPP and endorsing the erasing of hard drives and...

Justin is such a lightweight.

On the upside it will be entertaining when Kat Wynne makes deeper cuts to the public service than Harris ever did. That will be quite hilarious in fact.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Like, duhhh

In an election-themed speech Friday, Liberal leader Justin Trudeau told a GTA audience that Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s Conservatives “still don’t seem to get’’ Ontario.

Speaking in Markham to the Liberal Party’s general meeting, Trudeau took a swipe at the experience in government of Harper and his team of former Ontario cabinet ministers John

Baird and Tony Clement, and federal Finance Minister Joe Oliver, the MP for Eglinton-Lawrence.

“He (Oliver) should be working alongside Premier (Kathleen) Wynne to build a plan to help Ontario proper. Instead, what does he do? When she put out a budget focused on jobs and growth, he attacked it as a “route to economic decline,’’ Trudeau said.

“Think about that for a second. That’s Canada’s finance minister undermining consumer and investor confidence in the province that is 40 per cent of our country’s economy,’’ the Liberal leader told the audience.

“That’s just short-sighted, partisan, and irresponsible. And it needs to stop,’’ Trudeau said in a speech seemingly tailored for the federal election slated for the fall of 2015.

“Well I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: Ontario needs a partner in Ottawa, not an opponent. My friends, you and I are going to prove to Ontarians that we have the plan and team to be that partner,’’ Trudeau said.

...more blatantly obvious news...

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news...t_understand_ontario_justin_trudeau_says.html

Wynne is a nut job without the slightest clue about fiscal responsibility, up to her nose in the idiotic cancellation of gas plants for blatantly political purposes, and deeply involved in the subsequent cover-up.

Just for starters.

The gov't of Ontario is incompent, dishonest, and fiscally suicidal.

Thank God Harper doesn't understand them.

The fact that Justin DOES understand them is deeply troubling.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
All the same arguments from people who continue to deny the fiscal embarrassment of Con policies.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
But Justine is perfectly in tune with Ontario, right?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
LOLz, I see you're still a sensitive little hypocrite Jimmy.

I await your predictable respond, lolz.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I've pretty much lost all hope at this point.
It amazed me how much energy and angst was put into drowning Ford in scandal, when Wynne was burning hard drives, shredding paper work and being actively investigated by the fuzz. On top of the stolen billion, and 33% increase in hydro rates in this province and the pandering to unions.

It comes as no surprise as to why Ontario is bleeding jobs.

Harper understands Ontario as much as old man Trudeau understood Alberta.
He understands Ontario just fine. The Liberals were re-elected against all odds and commonsense, now the province will pay for that.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It amazed me how much energy and angst was put into drowning Ford in scandal, when Wynne was burning hard drives, shredding paper work and being actively investigated by the fuzz. On top of the stolen billion, and 33% increase in hydro rates in this province and the pandering to unions.

Oh you have no idea how much that pissed me off! Everyday with freaking Toronto and it's mayor, BFD. Meanwhile, in the rest of the province.......:roll:

It comes as no surprise as to why Ontario is bleeding jobs.

It's idiotic.