Canada sending $5M in humanitarian aid to Iraq

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The Canadian government is sending $5 million in additional emergency supplies and humanitarian aid to Iraq.

Canada's assistance package will include shipments of food, medicine, cooking materials, blankets, tents, hygiene kits and other essential supplies to help an estimated 850,000 displaced Iraqis, it said in a statement. Canada will also help repair essential water and sanitation facilities, as well as improve access to information for the country's citizens.

"Canada continues to stand by the people of Iraq in these difficult times and condemns the terrorist actions of ISIS and the killing of innocent civilians," International Development Minister Christian Paradis said in the statement.

more

Canada sending $5M in humanitarian aid to Iraq | CTV News

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
Troops must be next.

I know the Reformers wanted to send our men and women there.

Question, who's gonna pay for this....Joe tax payer.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
relax man...$5M ain't nuthin'...just ask Mr. Wynne about his 1,000 million dollars in breach of contract penalty.

Grievous

Time Out
Jul 28, 2014
Whitby
relax man...$5M ain't nuthin'...just ask Mr. Wynne about his 1,000 million dollars in breach of contract penalty.

Mr.

It's about that is it?

Grow up.

Harper has never wasted any money....ever.

Ever swim in his fake lake to impress foreign potential free trade partners.

Look the other way.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The Canadian government is sending $5 million in additional emergency supplies and humanitarian aid to Iraq.

Canada's assistance package will include shipments of food, medicine, cooking materials, blankets, tents, hygiene kits and other essential supplies to help an estimated 850,000 displaced Iraqis, it said in a statement. Canada will also help repair essential water and sanitation facilities, as well as improve access to information for the country's citizens.

"Canada continues to stand by the people of Iraq in these difficult times and condemns the terrorist actions of ISIS and the killing of innocent civilians," International Development Minister Christian Paradis said in the statement.

more

Canada sending $5M in humanitarian aid to Iraq | CTV News

I wonder who's in control there, and how these supplies will be dispersed,
and by whom, and I think of Somalia in the '80's as I wonder about this....