Canada sending $5M in humanitarian aid to Iraq

Locutus
The Canadian government is sending $5 million in additional emergency supplies and humanitarian aid to Iraq.

Canada's assistance package will include shipments of food, medicine, cooking materials, blankets, tents, hygiene kits and other essential supplies to help an estimated 850,000 displaced Iraqis, it said in a statement. Canada will also help repair essential water and sanitation facilities, as well as improve access to information for the country's citizens.

"Canada continues to stand by the people of Iraq in these difficult times and condemns the terrorist actions of ISIS and the killing of innocent civilians," International Development Minister Christian Paradis said in the statement.

more

Canada sending $5M in humanitarian aid to Iraq | CTV News (external - login to view)

Grievous
No Party Affiliation
Troops must be next.

I know the Reformers wanted to send our men and women there.

Question, who's gonna pay for this....Joe tax payer.

Locutus
relax man...$5M ain't nuthin'...just ask Mr. Wynne about his 1,000 million dollars in breach of contract penalty.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+4
#4  Top Rated Post
That's aid I can understand. It's the ongoing handouts to people who just want war I question

Grievous
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

relax man...$5M ain't nuthin'...just ask Mr. Wynne about his 1,000 million dollars in breach of contract penalty.

Mr.

It's about that is it?

Grow up.

Harper has never wasted any money....ever.

Ever swim in his fake lake to impress foreign potential free trade partners.

Look the other way.

darkbeaver
Republican
+1
Will that be the 30mm humanitarian aid or the 152mm humasnitarian aid?

B00Mer
Republican
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Will that be the 30mm humanitarian aid or the 152mm humasnitarian aid?

I hope AK15 (external - login to view) or AK47's aid.. ISIS members deserve nothing but a bullet between the eyes.

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+1
Five mil wouldn't even cover the cost of administering the aid never mind the actual supplies and air freight.

Grievous
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Five mil wouldn't even cover the cost of administering the aid never mind the actual supplies and air freight.

Your tax dollars at work.

B00Mer
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

It might be for food or medical aid...

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

The Canadian government is sending $5 million in additional emergency supplies and humanitarian aid to Iraq.

Canada's assistance package will include shipments of food, medicine, cooking materials, blankets, tents, hygiene kits and other essential supplies to help an estimated 850,000 displaced Iraqis, it said in a statement. Canada will also help repair essential water and sanitation facilities, as well as improve access to information for the country's citizens.

"Canada continues to stand by the people of Iraq in these difficult times and condemns the terrorist actions of ISIS and the killing of innocent civilians," International Development Minister Christian Paradis said in the statement.

more

Canada sending $5M in humanitarian aid to Iraq | CTV News (external - login to view)

I wonder who's in control there, and how these supplies will be dispersed,
and by whom, and I think of Somalia in the '80's as I wonder about this....