Premier Alison Redford’s flights had ‘false passengers,’ auditor general says

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
"[Redford] Staff entered passengers into booking system to fill the seats, then removed the passengers before printing the flight manifest"

A review by Alberta's auditor general found "false passengers" were booked on at least a dozen government flights, making it possible for then Premier Alison Redford to fly alone with her entourage.

Merwan Saher also concluded Redford derived a "personal benefit" by taking her daughter on dozens of government flights. Saher raises the question of whether Redford's desire to take her daughter on out-of-province trips may have influenced the decision to use government aircraft rather than commercial carriers.

These findings are contained in an internal report to the government obtained exclusively by CBC News.

more

Premier Alison Redford’s flights had ‘false passengers,’ auditor general says - Edmonton - CBC News

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I disliked her on first sight on the TV.

Then I heard she was a "former UN human rights lawyer"

Yep. Worse than completely useless

Ah jeez Edith, an her a good Conservative too.
Hooo wooda thunk !:lol:

Yah Awwchie, don it make ya wondah ?

Real conservatives in Alberta are Wildrose.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I would love to see random audits done on expense accounts for those in public office. I'm at the point where I trust any and all those in office about as far as I can throw them.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I would love to see random audits done on expense accounts for those in public office. I'm at the point where I trust any and all those in office about as far as I can throw them.

I think a lot of them go in with good intentions and then find out about the TREATS! Takes a good one to ignore the treats.

Then again, a lot of them are born slimeballs like McLiar and Das Helmet.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

I would love to see their expense accounts severely diminished. Make them fly economy class, make them drive when possible, take away their per diem for food (they would eat whether in office or not), institute a maximum value for hotels or anything.

There is no reason they should live high on the hog with our money.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit