Premier Alison Redford’s flights had ‘false passengers,’ auditor general says

Locutus
"[Redford] Staff entered passengers into booking system to fill the seats, then removed the passengers before printing the flight manifest"

A review by Alberta's auditor general found "false passengers" were booked on at least a dozen government flights, making it possible for then Premier Alison Redford to fly alone with her entourage.

Merwan Saher also concluded Redford derived a "personal benefit" by taking her daughter on dozens of government flights. Saher raises the question of whether Redford's desire to take her daughter on out-of-province trips may have influenced the decision to use government aircraft rather than commercial carriers.

These findings are contained in an internal report to the government obtained exclusively by CBC News.

more

Premier Alison Redford’s flights had ‘false passengers,’ auditor general says - Edmonton - CBC News

Spade
Free Thinker
+1
Redford's flights of phantasy. Would a wild rose smell as sweet?

Nuggler
+1
Ah jeez Edith, an her a good Conservative too.
Hooo wooda thunk !

Yah Awwchie, don it make ya wondah ?

Spade
Free Thinker
Ford travel by sky hook?

Colpy
Conservative
+1
I disliked her on first sight on the TV.

Then I heard she was a "former UN human rights lawyer"

Yep. Worse than completely useless

Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

Ah jeez Edith, an her a good Conservative too.
Hooo wooda thunk !

Yah Awwchie, don it make ya wondah ?

Real conservatives in Alberta are Wildrose.

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
I would love to see random audits done on expense accounts for those in public office. I'm at the point where I trust any and all those in office about as far as I can throw them.

Nuggler
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

I would love to see random audits done on expense accounts for those in public office. I'm at the point where I trust any and all those in office about as far as I can throw them.

I think a lot of them go in with good intentions and then find out about the TREATS! Takes a good one to ignore the treats.

Then again, a lot of them are born slimeballs like McLiar and Das Helmet.

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
+1

I would love to see their expense accounts severely diminished. Make them fly economy class, make them drive when possible, take away their per diem for food (they would eat whether in office or not), institute a maximum value for hotels or anything.

There is no reason they should live high on the hog with our money.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Funny thing is, Alberta showed her the door.

While Ontario took it up the A$$.

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

Yeah but it's not 'ha ha' funny.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Yeah but it's not 'ha ha' funny.

Nope, just pathetic funny...

Locutus
+2
#12  Top Rated Post
(external - login to view)
Alison Redford ‏@A_RedfordMLA (external - login to view)

Seeking employment. Able to work evenings, weekends. Must be willing to provide exorbitant benefits, use of company jet. #ableg (external - login to view)

SLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

(external - login to view)
Alison Redford ‏@A_RedfordMLA (external - login to view)

Seeking employment. Able to work evenings, weekends. Must be willing to provide exorbitant benefits, use of company jet. #ableg (external - login to view)

Funny. I remember when our mayor first was charged with fraud, someone put up a "Mayor Wanted" ad on Knighthunter.

petros

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

She quit, as did McLiar.