Liberals open up wide lead on Conservatives

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Strong Liberal majority in the cards

TORONTO JULY 19th, 2014 – In a random sampling of public opinion taken by the Forum Poll™ among 1624 Canadian voters, the Liberals have opened up a convincing 16 point lead on the Conservatives (44% to 28%), while the NDP has ticked downwards to less than a fifth (18%). This is in comparison with this time last month, when the Liberal lead was a more modest 8 points (June 18, Liberals - 39%, Conservatives - 31%). Few will vote Bloc Quebecois (5% of total, 20% in Quebec) or Green (3%) or for any other party (1%). The Liberal vote is strong among Boomers (55 to 64 - 53%), in Atlantic Canada (53%) and Ontario (50%). The Conservative vote is common to the oldest (35%), males (34%) and Albertans (55%). There is a significant gender gap among Conservative supporters (34% male, 23% female) which does not exist with respect to the other two main opposition parties.

Read more at: The Forum Pollâ„¢ - Liberals open up wide lead on Conservatives
Copyright ©Forum Research Inc.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
What a joke... This statement by Forum Research (hired by Trudeau no doubt) came up with this little gem:

"Trudeau has slight edge as best PM Justin Trudeau is seen to be the best Prime Minister by 3-in-10 "

Memo to Forum Research Inc.... Justine has never been Prime Minister.

.... That is all

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I predict that if Trudeau wins the next election we will have to put up with Cons spewing venom for as long as he holds office (similar to what Repubs have been doing to Obama), there will be gnashing of teeth and rending of cloth of biblical proportions. I would really like to see the shenanagans if the NDP got in. The cacophony would be deafening.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
There is only one valid poll
But the more things change the more it stays the same

This may be a weird election for me. I always voted for who could beat the Bloc.
Unfortunately I am no Harper fan and the conservative won in this county at least twice.
May just be voting that way.
I dream of a day I could vote for a party I actually want.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

This may be a weird election for me. I always voted for who could beat the Bloc.
Unfortunately I am no Harper fan and the conservative won in this county at least twice.
Vote for the candidate not the party.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Geez.. a choice between an gutless American and Wall Street Shill in Harper.. and cosmic space cadet and Flower Child in Justin. What a choice. :roll:

Last edited:

QuebecCanadian

Electoral Member
Apr 13, 2014

Welcome to Quebec. Where voting against the one you don't want is more important than voting for the one you want.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Vote for the Pirate Party. The one that ran in our riding last time was theonly one of 6 or 7 wannabees that told the truth. Basically he said if elected they would lie and steal and fuk us peons over for the next 4 years

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
We had the none of the above party which was basically a failed ploy by the cons to split the vote.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Strong Liberal majority in the cards

TORONTO JULY 19th, 2014 – In a random sampling of public opinion taken by the Forum Poll™ among 1624 Canadian voters, the Liberals have opened up a convincing 16 point lead on the Conservatives (44% to 28%), while the NDP has ticked downwards to less than a fifth (18%). This is in comparison with this time last month, when the Liberal lead was a more modest 8 points (June 18, Liberals - 39%, Conservatives - 31%). Few will vote Bloc Quebecois (5% of total, 20% in Quebec) or Green (3%) or for any other party (1%). The Liberal vote is strong among Boomers (55 to 64 - 53%), in Atlantic Canada (53%) and Ontario (50%). The Conservative vote is common to the oldest (35%), males (34%) and Albertans (55%). There is a significant gender gap among Conservative supporters (34% male, 23% female) which does not exist with respect to the other two main opposition parties.

Read more at: The Forum Pollâ„¢ - Liberals open up wide lead on Conservatives
Copyright ©Forum Research Inc.

OMG, OMG, OMG, 8O one year before an actual election happens some polster has found people that "say" they are going to vote a certain way next year. :roll: