Liberals open up wide lead on Conservatives

mentalfloss

Strong Liberal majority in the cards

TORONTO JULY 19th, 2014 – In a random sampling of public opinion taken by the Forum Poll™ among 1624 Canadian voters, the Liberals have opened up a convincing 16 point lead on the Conservatives (44% to 28%), while the NDP has ticked downwards to less than a fifth (18%). This is in comparison with this time last month, when the Liberal lead was a more modest 8 points (June 18, Liberals - 39%, Conservatives - 31%). Few will vote Bloc Quebecois (5% of total, 20% in Quebec) or Green (3%) or for any other party (1%). The Liberal vote is strong among Boomers (55 to 64 - 53%), in Atlantic Canada (53%) and Ontario (50%). The Conservative vote is common to the oldest (35%), males (34%) and Albertans (55%). There is a significant gender gap among Conservative supporters (34% male, 23% female) which does not exist with respect to the other two main opposition parties.

Read more at: The Forum Pollâ„¢ - Liberals open up wide lead on Conservatives (external - login to view)
Copyright ©Forum Research Inc.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2
What a joke... This statement by Forum Research (hired by Trudeau no doubt) came up with this little gem:

"Trudeau has slight edge as best PM Justin Trudeau is seen to be the best Prime Minister by 3-in-10 "

Memo to Forum Research Inc.... Justine has never been Prime Minister.

.... That is all

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+3
#3  Top Rated Post
I predict that if Trudeau wins the next election we will have to put up with Cons spewing venom for as long as he holds office (similar to what Repubs have been doing to Obama), there will be gnashing of teeth and rending of cloth of biblical proportions. I would really like to see the shenanagans if the NDP got in. The cacophony would be deafening.

El Barto
+2
There is only one valid poll
But the more things change the more it stays the same

This may be a weird election for me. I always voted for who could beat the Bloc.
Unfortunately I am no Harper fan and the conservative won in this county at least twice.
May just be voting that way.
I dream of a day I could vote for a party I actually want.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

This may be a weird election for me. I always voted for who could beat the Bloc.
Unfortunately I am no Harper fan and the conservative won in this county at least twice.

Vote for the candidate not the party.

coldstream
+1
Geez.. a choice between an gutless American and Wall Street Shill in Harper.. and cosmic space cadet and Flower Child in Justin. What a choice.
Last edited by coldstream; Jul 25th, 2014 at 01:01 PM..

mentalfloss
Or you could vote for neck beard guy.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
There's bound to be an Indie in many ridings... Vote that direction

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Vote for the candidate not the party.

Only if i find the Bloc on a low end of the pre-election poll in my area

mentalfloss
Must be the curmudgeon politicking.

Stephen Harper targets Justin Trudeau in speech to supporters in Calgary

QuebecCanadian
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

Welcome to Quebec. Where voting against the one you don't want is more important than voting for the one you want.

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by QuebecCanadianView Post

Welcome to Quebec. Where voting against the one you don't want is more important than voting for the one you want.

Don't let the rhetoric fool you, that's actually true for all of Canada.

mentalfloss
That's true for most of the world unfortunately.

SLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

That's true for most of the world unfortunately.

If you consider that to truly be unfortunate, why would you continue to feed the beast?

mentalfloss
It's a pretty obvious fact of life you can't satisfy everyone.

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+1
Vote for the Pirate Party. The one that ran in our riding last time was theonly one of 6 or 7 wannabees that told the truth. Basically he said if elected they would lie and steal and fuk us peons over for the next 4 years

mentalfloss
We had the none of the above party which was basically a failed ploy by the cons to split the vote.

SLM
No Party Affiliation

It's a pretty obvious fact of life you can't satisfy everyone.

So because it's not possible to satisfy absolutely everyone, the only alternative is to participate in all the rhetoric and B.S.?

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1

Must be the curmudgeon politicking.

Stephen Harper targets Justin Trudeau in speech to supporters in Calgary

What is it that you think you are doing with all your propaganda threads?

Enlightening us?

gerryh
+1

Strong Liberal majority in the cards

TORONTO JULY 19th, 2014 – In a random sampling of public opinion taken by the Forum Poll™ among 1624 Canadian voters, the Liberals have opened up a convincing 16 point lead on the Conservatives (44% to 28%), while the NDP has ticked downwards to less than a fifth (18%). This is in comparison with this time last month, when the Liberal lead was a more modest 8 points (June 18, Liberals - 39%, Conservatives - 31%). Few will vote Bloc Quebecois (5% of total, 20% in Quebec) or Green (3%) or for any other party (1%). The Liberal vote is strong among Boomers (55 to 64 - 53%), in Atlantic Canada (53%) and Ontario (50%). The Conservative vote is common to the oldest (35%), males (34%) and Albertans (55%). There is a significant gender gap among Conservative supporters (34% male, 23% female) which does not exist with respect to the other two main opposition parties.

Read more at: The Forum Pollâ„¢ - Liberals open up wide lead on Conservatives (external - login to view)
Copyright ©Forum Research Inc.

OMG, OMG, OMG, one year before an actual election happens some polster has found people that "say" they are going to vote a certain way next year.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

OMG, OMG, OMG, one year before an actual election happens some polster has found people that "say" they are going to vote a certain way next year.

Ideologues always vote the same way no mater what.....

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

exactly...nobody knows what was pissing them off a year ago and whatever hipster angst is seething under their knitted summer toques now will be a wispy dream fragment in the windmills of their little minds in another twelve months too...monsieur floss be a tad naive about the world, human nature and other such mundane subjects so he subscribes to these anti-Canada newsgroups for the funky shiny spiffy folk, reddit users and #torpoli disciples so he feels um, 'current', 'edgy' 'in the know'.

no new posts