• Green Party

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
Lets settle this once and for all.
I say Liberals built our oil refineries and companies up.
Conservatives sold it off to americans and shut down oil refineries.

Who is for Canada and who is an American Lacky?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Proof please.
Or is this jes a trollin time a day fer ya?

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Political parties aren't "responsable" for building or shutting down refineries: private corporations are. The closes thing to an exception would be when PetroCan was a crown corporation. Now politics do have a part in permitting, taxation (including incentives and exemptions) and emission laws, and can block developments but the role is limited.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Political parties aren't "responsable" for building or shutting down refineries: private corporations are. The closes thing to an exception would be when PetroCan was a crown corporation. Now politics do have a part in permitting, taxation (including incentives and exemptions) and emission laws, and can block developments but the role is limited.

Oh but you're missing an opportunity that only comes along ten times a day to jump on the Libtards and/or Neocons. C'mon now, everybody has to pick, pick, pick a side. :roll:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

what refineries were shut down and when. Show that they were shut down because of governments. Put up or shut up.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
Pierre Elliot Trudeau built Petro Canada and it's refineries.
conservative government shut them down by selling them off to the states.

Since the 1970s, the number of refineries in Canada has plummeted from 40 to 19, taking a big bite out of the direct refinery labour force,
source:
Why Aren't We Building Refineries In Canada? Because It's Too Late, Experts Say

Oh but you're missing an opportunity that only comes along ten times a day to jump on the Libtards and/or Neocons. C'mon now, everybody has to pick, pick, pick a side. :roll:
I notice a lot conservative anger since the inception of this device.

what refineries were shut down and when. Show that they were shut down because of governments. Put up or shut up.

Don't hold your breath.

Oh, I know he won't.
ahh the lil retard with an internet , losses again to the superior mind.

You gerryh are an embarrassment to mankind.

From now on I vow not to respond to you , but only continue to make you for the idiot you are, just for fun!
you shall not have the satisfaction of me conversing with you, only his illustriousness mocking your crumby little mindless posts.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Pierre Elliot Trudeau built Petro Canada and it's refineries. conservative government shut them down by selling them off to the states.

Gee Ralph Goodale was a Conservative in 2004 when he announced (as Finance Minister to Paul Martin) that the feds would sell their share of Petro-Can by the end of that year? And here I thought old Ralphie was a Liberal...

ahh the lil retard with an internet , losses again to the superior mind.

Need we say more?

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
Petro Canada and Suncor merged and remain Canadian.

This guy is crazy.
Where have I said otherwise.
The point is about oil refineries and the destruction of by whom , and who benefited by it.

We export crude products to the states where they turn it into gas, and diesel and household fuels.
we end up paying more for gas in a country that is oil rich and at one time refined their own oil.

If you can't see the Fuc over your the crazy one.
The conservatives are avoiding this like the plague it is.

The people here are not stupid but loyal to their party.

They can't handle the truth and the fact they are used at the ballot box for purposes they don't want to fathom because it hurts.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The point is about oil refineries and the destruction of by whom , and who benefited by it.

We export crude products to the states where they turn it into gas, and diesel and household fuels.
we end up paying more for gas in a country that is oil rich and at one time refined their own oil.

They can't handle the truth and the fact they are used at the ballot box for purposes they don't want to fathom because it hurts.

Read the article you posted. It doesn't say any of the above shyte. As usual, you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I recall a company controlled by the liberal government called Dome petroleum. Cost the taxpayers billions with no return. Don't remember them having any refineries though.

There are several refineries that closed do in part to oppressive environmental rules brought in by liberalgovernments.

I recall a liberral government company called Dome Petroleum that cost taxpayers BILLIONS with zero return. Don't remember them having any refineries. Several refineries were closed due to irresponsable environmental rules brought in by liberal governments. Same thing happened to many pulp mills.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Pierre Elliot Trudeau built Petro Canada and it's refineries.
conservative government shut them down by selling them off to the states
Crazy...pure crazy.