Which Party built refineries/Which Party shut them down


View Poll Results: Which Party is responsable for shutting down oil refineries
Liberal 0 0%
Conservative 4 66.67%
NDP 0 0%
Green Party 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Count_Lothian
#1
Lets settle this once and for all.
I say Liberals built our oil refineries and companies up.
Conservatives sold it off to americans and shut down oil refineries.

Who is for Canada and who is an American Lacky?
 
petros
+2
#2
You're nuts.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
+1
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by Count_LothianView Post

Lets settle this once and for all.
I say Liberals built our oil refineries and companies up.
Conservatives sold it off to americans and shut down oil refineries.

Who is for Canada and who is an American Lacky?

Proof please.
Or is this jes a trollin time a day fer ya?
 
wulfie68
No Party Affiliation
+1
#4
Political parties aren't "responsable" for building or shutting down refineries: private corporations are. The closes thing to an exception would be when PetroCan was a crown corporation. Now politics do have a part in permitting, taxation (including incentives and exemptions) and emission laws, and can block developments but the role is limited.
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
+5
#5  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by wulfie68View Post

Political parties aren't "responsable" for building or shutting down refineries: private corporations are. The closes thing to an exception would be when PetroCan was a crown corporation. Now politics do have a part in permitting, taxation (including incentives and exemptions) and emission laws, and can block developments but the role is limited.

Oh but you're missing an opportunity that only comes along ten times a day to jump on the Libtards and/or Neocons. C'mon now, everybody has to pick, pick, pick a side.
 
gerryh
+1 / -1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Count_LothianView Post

Lets settle this once and for all.
I say Liberals built our oil refineries and companies up.
Conservatives sold it off to americans and shut down oil refineries.

Who is for Canada and who is an American Lacky?


what refineries were shut down and when. Show that they were shut down because of governments. Put up or shut up.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
+2
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

what refineries were shut down and when. Show that they were shut down because of governments. Put up or shut up.

Don't hold your breath.
 
gerryh
+1 / -1
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Don't hold your breath.


Oh, I know he won't.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Oh but you're missing an opportunity that only comes along ten times a day to jump on the Libtards and/or Neocons. C'mon now, everybody has to pick, pick, pick a side.

I'll take the garlic mashed potatoes, please.
 
petros
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Oh but you're missing an opportunity that only comes along ten times a day to jump on the Libtards and/or Neocons. C'mon now, everybody has to pick, pick, pick a side.

The Twix paradigm.
 
Count_Lothian
-1
#11
Pierre Elliot Trudeau built Petro Canada and it's refineries.
conservative government shut them down by selling them off to the states.

Since the 1970s, the number of refineries in Canada has plummeted from 40 to 19, taking a big bite out of the direct refinery labour force,
source:
Why Aren't We Building Refineries In Canada? Because It's Too Late, Experts Say

Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Oh but you're missing an opportunity that only comes along ten times a day to jump on the Libtards and/or Neocons. C'mon now, everybody has to pick, pick, pick a side.

I notice a lot conservative anger since the inception of this device.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

what refineries were shut down and when. Show that they were shut down because of governments. Put up or shut up.

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Don't hold your breath.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Oh, I know he won't.

ahh the lil retard with an internet , losses again to the superior mind.

You gerryh are an embarrassment to mankind.

From now on I vow not to respond to you , but only continue to make you for the idiot you are, just for fun!
you shall not have the satisfaction of me conversing with you, only his illustriousness mocking your crumby little mindless posts.
 
wulfie68
No Party Affiliation
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Count_LothianView Post

Pierre Elliot Trudeau built Petro Canada and it's refineries. conservative government shut them down by selling them off to the states.

Gee Ralph Goodale was a Conservative in 2004 when he announced (as Finance Minister to Paul Martin) that the feds would sell their share of Petro-Can by the end of that year? And here I thought old Ralphie was a Liberal...

Quote: Originally Posted by Count_LothianView Post

ahh the lil retard with an internet , losses again to the superior mind.

Need we say more?
 
petros
#13
Petro Canada and Suncor merged and remain Canadian.

This guy is crazy.
 
Count_Lothian
-1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Petro Canada and Suncor merged and remain Canadian.

This guy is crazy.

Where have I said otherwise.
The point is about oil refineries and the destruction of by whom , and who benefited by it.

We export crude products to the states where they turn it into gas, and diesel and household fuels.
we end up paying more for gas in a country that is oil rich and at one time refined their own oil.

If you can't see the Fuc over your the crazy one.
The conservatives are avoiding this like the plague it is.

The people here are not stupid but loyal to their party.

They can't handle the truth and the fact they are used at the ballot box for purposes they don't want to fathom because it hurts.
 
gerryh
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Count_LothianView Post

Where have I said otherwise.
The point is about oil refineries and the destruction of by whom , and who benefited by it.

We export crude products to the states where they turn it into gas, and diesel and household fuels.
we end up paying more for gas in a country that is oil rich and at one time refined their own oil.

If you can't see the Fuc over your the crazy one.
The conservatives are avoiding this like the plague it is.

The people here are not stupid but loyal to their party.

They can't handle the truth and the fact they are used at the ballot box for purposes they don't want to fathom because it hurts.


Read the article you posted. It doesn't say any of the above shyte. As usual, you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
 
taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+1
#16
I recall a company controlled by the liberal government called Dome petroleum. Cost the taxpayers billions with no return. Don't remember them having any refineries though.

There are several refineries that closed do in part to oppressive environmental rules brought in by liberalgovernments.

I recall a liberral government company called Dome Petroleum that cost taxpayers BILLIONS with zero return. Don't remember them having any refineries. Several refineries were closed due to irresponsable environmental rules brought in by liberal governments. Same thing happened to many pulp mills.
 
petros
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Count_LothianView Post

Where have I said otherwise.
The point is about oil refineries and the destruction of by whom , and who benefited by it.

We export crude products to the states where they turn it into gas, and diesel and household fuels.
we end up paying more for gas in a country that is oil rich and at one time refined their own oil.

If you can't see the Fuc over your the crazy one.
The conservatives are avoiding this like the plague it is.

The people here are not stupid but loyal to their party.

They can't handle the truth and the fact they are used at the ballot box for purposes they don't want to fathom because it hurts.

Quote:

Pierre Elliot Trudeau built Petro Canada and it's refineries.
conservative government shut them down by selling them off to the states

Crazy...pure crazy.
 

Similar Threads

4
The Party that Obama Un-Built
by Locutus | Sep 9th, 2012
no new posts