CBC reporter omits First Nations group received money to protest pipeline

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
In a story by CBC’s Environment Reporter Margo McDiarmid on a protest by the Hartely Bay First Nation against the Northern Gateway pipeline decision: Members of Hartley Bay First Nation have stretched a 4.6-kilometre long crocheted rope across B.C.’s Douglas Channel in a symbolic blockade of the future path of oil supertankers in northern B.C. (see here)

McDiarmid doesn’t include that as a member of the Gitga’at First Nations, they have received money to protest the Northern Gateway pipeline:

I’ve messaged McDiarmid several times but still as of this morning, her story has not been corrected.

In light of the Secretary General of NATO stating Russia is funding eco-groups (see here) it is paramount the public is made aware of who is really behind these protest groups.

Also: See earlier post on my compliant filed against a CP reporter for refusing to include who is funding the Dogwood Initiative here

Update: I’ve now asked McDiarmid if she was aware of this prior to posting her story:

Update: McDiarmid finally responded but refused to answer my questions

Note the snarky “I don’t obsessively check twitter every 2 seconds” when I’ve been messaging her for two days.

CBC reporter omits First Nations group received money to protest pipeline | BC Blue: One BC Conservative's view on it all...

cbc...your moral and intellectual superiors.