Rob Ford will return to mayor's job on June 30 after rehab

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has advised the city clerk he will return to work on June 30 after spending several weeks in treatment for alcohol abuse.

"Kindly be advised that I will be returning to work at City Hall on Monday, June 30th, 2014, in the later portion of the afternoon, to resume my duties as mayor," writes Ford in a letter to Ulli Watkiss.

"Please make the necessary arrangements for my locks to be restored to their state prior to my departure, for 1:00 p.m. on the date of my return."

Since early May, Ford has been undergoing treatment for substance abuse at a rehabilitation centre in Bala, Ont., about 200 kilometres north of Toronto.

He entered the treatment program after a year of scandal surrounding his office that included the emergence of videos that show him inebriated, ranting and, in one instance, holding what appears to be a crack pipe. In November, council voted to strip Ford of many of his powers, leaving him as little more than mayor in name only.

Ford is seeking re-election in the Oct. 27 municipal vote. He had announced a leave of absence on April 30 to "seek immediate help" for alcohol addiction.

"I have a problem with alcohol and the choices I have made while under the influence," Ford said in a statement issued that day. "I have struggled with this for some time. I know that I need professional help, and I am now 100 per cent committed to getting myself right."

That admission came after Ford spent much of the previous year denying he had an alcohol or substance abuse problem. In November, he told CBC's Peter Mansbridge he was "done" with alcohol after having a "come-to-Jesus moment."

Then in April of this year, media reports pointed to two new recordings of Ford acting badly. In an audio recording posted by the Toronto Sun, Ford is heard making lewd remarks about councillor and mayoralty rival Karen Stintz. In a video viewed by the Globe and Mail, Ford is seen smoking what the paper said "a self-professed drug dealer" described as crack cocaine.

Those revelations prompted Ford's decision to seek professional help.

In May 2013, the crack scandal surrounding Ford made international headlines with media reports of a yet-to-surface tape showing Ford smoking crack.

Since then, Ford has become regular fodder for television comics and the Ford story has made headlines around the world. Many members of council continue to call for Ford to resign, though he also appears to have considerable support from some voters, particularly in the suburbs that ring Toronto.

Rob Ford will return to mayor's job on June 30 after rehab - Toronto - CBC News

rob 'clean as a whistle' ford

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
As long as we don't shift our attention to his bum crack i'm ok with the guy.
Ford Nation is the epitome of the modern day C logo crowd and what has become of the Conservative base.
It's an expose on what a C logo conservative is in this modern era of conservative demise.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
As long as we don't shift our attention to his bum crack i'm ok with the guy.
Ford Nation is the epitome of the modern day C logo crowd and what has become of the Conservative base.
It's an expose on what a C logo conservative is in this modern era of conservative demise.

You are drawing a lot of conclusions about an alleged demise based upon a poor campain run in one provice by an uncharismatic leader.

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
You are drawing a lot of conclusions about an alleged demise based upon a poor campain run in one provice by an uncharismatic leader.
Have you wondered if the federal spin doctors and the various provincial spin doctors know one and other. lol.
Look at Harper's ads. They are similar to hudaks in the sense of negativity. It's the same focus groups being played to.

You have no idea what I am talking about and from the other posts you have made in regards to this , I don't think you want to know actually.
You come off like Colpy , head in the sand LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!!

You are some kid with a computer with an absolutist paradigm and no thinking going into these posts.
please put me on ignore.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
The letter really reads like someone "humbled" in a rehabilitation process. Here's to hoping he's not just being Mayor McSleeze and gambling on a gullibility factor

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I'd be more convinced if he asked rather than ordered. He's got a lot of baggage - but I think his addiction is more to power than any drug. That makes him the same as just about any politician who takes advantage of the trust bestowed upon him/her by the people

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
He is doing the right thing. Hopefully for his family first and career second.
I honestly am amazed at how much I misjudged you. I was just settling into thinking you are a sane voice here at CC.

If you believe this is anything other than sheer horse cookies for the masses consumption you are part and parcel to everything that is wrong with our democracy.
That being allowing people like you a right to vote.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
We'll see by how long his wife sticks around if he falls off the wagon. Who knows, maybe she needs rehab too?

Count_Lothian

Time Out
Apr 6, 2014
We'll see by how long his wife sticks around if he falls off the wagon. Who knows, maybe she needs rehab too?
his wife puts up with it all, i think she is a mail order russian bride. she looks like he rescued her out of a w h o r e house.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I'd be more convinced if he asked rather than ordered. He's got a lot of baggage - but I think his addiction is more to power than any drug. That makes him the same as just about any politician who takes advantage of the trust bestowed upon him/her by the people

My guess is Rob Ford has not embraced sobriety. We live in a society where this has become acceptable and the voting public at large sucks this right up. We will hang someone for a drunken tweet, but look the other way if they meet the laid down criteria of redemption.

This Mayor:

1. Broke the law;
  2. Lied to the public;
  3. Acted inappropriately;
  4. Consorted with criminals; and
  5. Betrayed the public trust.
He is not fit to serve as Mayor. He should resign and straighten out his personal life.

Then again, what has this cost the taxpayers on annual basis? A buck a year? Or pennies?

his wife puts up with it all, i think she is a mail order russian bride. she looks like he rescued her out of a w h o r e house.

Careful Doc, she's defended you on more than one occasion.

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
My guess is Rob Ford has not embraced sobriety. We live in a society where this has become acceptable and the voting public at large sucks this right up. We will hang someone for a drunken tweet, but look the other way if they meet the laid down criteria of redemption.

This Mayor:

1. Broke the law;
  2. Lied to the public;
  3. Acted inappropriately;
  4. Consorted with criminals; and
  5. Betrayed the public trust.
He is not fit to serve as Mayor. He should resign and straighten out his personal life.

Then again, what has this cost the taxpayers on annual basis? A buck a year? Or pennies?

Sorry to all non-Henry Ford fans ... but the image I just can't shake of Ford is of that loud-mouth blathering idiocy onto a rage that was already building from me being stuck in late-afternoon traffic on 401 at Port Union on a sticky July day in a Louisville whose heater worked fine.

Every once in a while, I still have a bit of Philco radio rise from a knuckle....

...just thought I'd share that....;-)

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Note the misleading subject line-in fact Ford will not being returning to Mayoral duties since he was stripped of the ability to do anything but pour shots, roll joints, light the crack pipe and generally make a fool of himself.