Rob Ford will return to mayor's job on June 30 after rehab


Locutus
#1
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has advised the city clerk he will return to work on June 30 after spending several weeks in treatment for alcohol abuse.



"Kindly be advised that I will be returning to work at City Hall on Monday, June 30th, 2014, in the later portion of the afternoon, to resume my duties as mayor," writes Ford in a letter to Ulli Watkiss.

"Please make the necessary arrangements for my locks to be restored to their state prior to my departure, for 1:00 p.m. on the date of my return."

Since early May, Ford has been undergoing treatment for substance abuse at a rehabilitation centre in Bala, Ont., about 200 kilometres north of Toronto.

He entered the treatment program after a year of scandal surrounding his office that included the emergence of videos that show him inebriated, ranting and, in one instance, holding what appears to be a crack pipe. In November, council voted to strip Ford of many of his powers, leaving him as little more than mayor in name only.

Ford is seeking re-election in the Oct. 27 municipal vote. He had announced a leave of absence on April 30 to "seek immediate help" for alcohol addiction.

"I have a problem with alcohol and the choices I have made while under the influence," Ford said in a statement issued that day. "I have struggled with this for some time. I know that I need professional help, and I am now 100 per cent committed to getting myself right."

That admission came after Ford spent much of the previous year denying he had an alcohol or substance abuse problem. In November, he told CBC's Peter Mansbridge he was "done" with alcohol after having a "come-to-Jesus moment."

Then in April of this year, media reports pointed to two new recordings of Ford acting badly. In an audio recording posted by the Toronto Sun, Ford is heard making lewd remarks about councillor and mayoralty rival Karen Stintz. In a video viewed by the Globe and Mail, Ford is seen smoking what the paper said "a self-professed drug dealer" described as crack cocaine.

Those revelations prompted Ford's decision to seek professional help.

In May 2013, the crack scandal surrounding Ford made international headlines with media reports of a yet-to-surface tape showing Ford smoking crack.

Since then, Ford has become regular fodder for television comics and the Ford story has made headlines around the world. Many members of council continue to call for Ford to resign, though he also appears to have considerable support from some voters, particularly in the suburbs that ring Toronto.


Rob Ford will return to mayor's job on June 30 after rehab - Toronto - CBC News


rob 'clean as a whistle' ford
 
Count_Lothian
#2
As long as we don't shift our attention to his bum crack i'm ok with the guy.
Ford Nation is the epitome of the modern day C logo crowd and what has become of the Conservative base.
It's an expose on what a C logo conservative is in this modern era of conservative demise.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by Count_LothianView Post

As long as we don't shift our attention to his bum crack i'm ok with the guy.
Ford Nation is the epitome of the modern day C logo crowd and what has become of the Conservative base.
It's an expose on what a C logo conservative is in this modern era of conservative demise.

You are drawing a lot of conclusions about an alleged demise based upon a poor campain run in one provice by an uncharismatic leader.
 
Count_Lothian
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

You are drawing a lot of conclusions about an alleged demise based upon a poor campain run in one provice by an uncharismatic leader.

Have you wondered if the federal spin doctors and the various provincial spin doctors know one and other. lol.
Look at Harper's ads. They are similar to hudaks in the sense of negativity. It's the same focus groups being played to.

You have no idea what I am talking about and from the other posts you have made in regards to this , I don't think you want to know actually.
You come off like Colpy , head in the sand LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!!

You are some kid with a computer with an absolutist paradigm and no thinking going into these posts.
please put me on ignore.
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
+3
#5  Top Rated Post
The letter really reads like someone "humbled" in a rehabilitation process. Here's to hoping he's not just being Mayor McSleeze and gambling on a gullibility factor
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+3
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Count_LothianView Post

please put me on ignore.

Very tempting. You are quite delusional.
 
petros
+1 / -1
#7
He is doing the right thing. Hopefully for his family first and career second.
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
+3
#8
I'd be more convinced if he asked rather than ordered. He's got a lot of baggage - but I think his addiction is more to power than any drug. That makes him the same as just about any politician who takes advantage of the trust bestowed upon him/her by the people
 
Count_Lothian
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

He is doing the right thing. Hopefully for his family first and career second.

I honestly am amazed at how much I misjudged you. I was just settling into thinking you are a sane voice here at CC.

If you believe this is anything other than sheer horse cookies for the masses consumption you are part and parcel to everything that is wrong with our democracy.
That being allowing people like you a right to vote.
 
petros
#10
We'll see by how long his wife sticks around if he falls off the wagon. Who knows, maybe she needs rehab too?
 
Count_Lothian
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

We'll see by how long his wife sticks around if he falls off the wagon. Who knows, maybe she needs rehab too?

his wife puts up with it all, i think she is a mail order russian bride. she looks like he rescued her out of a w h o r e house.
 
petros
#12
That's nasty.
 
taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

That's nasty.

Consider the mental abilities of the writer.
 
eh1eh
+1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Very tempting. You are quite delusional.

Note: He trolled this out of you. Just sayin'.
 
Sal
No Party Affiliation
#15
lmfao

can't wait to see how this works out
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+3
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

I'd be more convinced if he asked rather than ordered. He's got a lot of baggage - but I think his addiction is more to power than any drug. That makes him the same as just about any politician who takes advantage of the trust bestowed upon him/her by the people

My guess is Rob Ford has not embraced sobriety. We live in a society where this has become acceptable and the voting public at large sucks this right up. We will hang someone for a drunken tweet, but look the other way if they meet the laid down criteria of redemption.

This Mayor:
  1. Broke the law;
  2. Lied to the public;
  3. Acted inappropriately;
  4. Consorted with criminals; and
  5. Betrayed the public trust.
He is not fit to serve as Mayor. He should resign and straighten out his personal life.

Then again, what has this cost the taxpayers on annual basis? A buck a year? Or pennies?

Quote: Originally Posted by Count_LothianView Post

his wife puts up with it all, i think she is a mail order russian bride. she looks like he rescued her out of a w h o r e house.

Careful Doc, she's defended you on more than one occasion.
Last edited by Retired_Can_Soldier; Jun 17th, 2014 at 05:30 PM..
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

My guess is Rob Ford has not embraced sobriety. We live in a society where this has become acceptable and the voting public at large sucks this right up. We will hang someone for a drunken tweet, but look the other way if they meet the laid down criteria of redemption.

This Mayor:

  1. Broke the law;
  2. Lied to the public;
  3. Acted inappropriately;
  4. Consorted with criminals; and
  5. Betrayed the public trust.
He is not fit to serve as Mayor. He should resign and straighten out his personal life.

Then again, what has this cost the taxpayers on annual basis? A buck a year? Or pennies?

Sorry to all non-Henry Ford fans ... but the image I just can't shake of Ford is of that loud-mouth blathering idiocy onto a rage that was already building from me being stuck in late-afternoon traffic on 401 at Port Union on a sticky July day in a Louisville whose heater worked fine.

Every once in a while, I still have a bit of Philco radio rise from a knuckle....

...just thought I'd share that....
 
spaminator
+1
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has advised the city clerk he will return to work on June 30

he might as well have chosen july 2nd.
 
Count_Lothian
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

he might as well have chosen july 2nd.

nice catch
 
bill barilko
+1
#20
Note the misleading subject line-in fact Ford will not being returning to Mayoral duties since he was stripped of the ability to do anything but pour shots, roll joints, light the crack pipe and generally make a fool of himself.
 
Count_Lothian
#21
There will be a play about him opening in Toronto in September, just before election time
 
eh1eh
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

he might as well have chosen july 2nd.

He wants to get really wrecked at the Mayors desk on July 1, maybe do some lines in council chambers.
 

Similar Threads

82
Rob Ford isnít taking rehab seriously
by mentalfloss | May 14th, 2014
10
Mayor Ford needs his blanky!
by JLM | Jun 18th, 2013
25
Ford the Bufoon Mayor
by eh1eh | Apr 20th, 2012
6
Rob Ford; New Toronto Mayor
by Walter | Oct 28th, 2010
no new posts